Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is a paradise for the casual gamer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR is a paradise for the casual gamer

jedimessiah
12.17.2012 , 02:25 PM | #21
Yea they really make it fun to progress your toon whether you're in an active guild or not.

Knockerz
12.17.2012 , 05:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Have you tried L50 Warzones recently? After the leveling of Expertise, its much easier to be competitive right off the bat. People who grind WZs still have better gear, but its only slightly better.

For example: My Sentinel used to consistently rank in the top 25% of her team in WZs before reaching 50. She hit 50 a few weeks ago, and got routinely trashed by every single person: Snipers, Sorcs, Operatives running crew missions. She could only kill someone if they were already mostly dead. After they leveled Expertise on the PvP gear, she's hanging out in the middle of the rankings. Low gear still hurts her (she's just got 2 pieces of Battlemaster gear), but she can hold her own. WZs are fun again.
Agree and acquiring gear doesn't take very long to be on equal footing that it makes ti worth playing your alts. Before 1.6 gearing up a character in pvp with wh took too long.

nartiuslightlord
12.17.2012 , 07:07 PM | #23
it is good. I must admit I have been on longer then usual this week. maybe even a little obsessed with finishing my 3rd class story since early access. i take my time on story ( a very long time) but really wanting to finish this one.
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

Rogoo
12.17.2012 , 07:21 PM | #24
It's a freaking game. It is SUPPOSED to be fun, quick, nice accesible, etc.

Whoever uses the words WORK or HARDCORE when talking about gaming is doing it wrong.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Arkerus
12.17.2012 , 07:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
No it's not. It lacks basic functionality such as appearance tab, chair sitting, cross-faction chat, addons, useful crafting skills, etc. The whole game invites to a senseless grind that only benefit the hardcore gamer.
Could you please expand on how sitting in a chair is a critical feature for casual gamers?
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

SNCommand
12.17.2012 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Could you please expand on how sitting in a chair is a critical feature for casual gamers?
Who's ever heard of a hardcore sitting?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Norke
12.17.2012 , 07:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
No it's not. It lacks basic functionality such as appearance tab, chair sitting, cross-faction chat, addons, useful crafting skills, etc. The whole game invites to a senseless grind that only benefit the hardcore gamer.
I look at myself as just a gamer, but if I had to label myself as hardcore or casual I'd likely be casual, and never once have I thought to myself 'You know what this game is missing, the ability to sit in chairs. Man, does this game suck because I can't sit in chairs.' (P.S. you can sit in your captain's chair).
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!

Arkerus
12.17.2012 , 08:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Who's ever heard of a hardcore sitting?
Lol.

That was funny. That said, I highly doubt folks logging on to run a WZ or play a FP are concerned with...sitting.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Feskitt
12.17.2012 , 09:09 PM | #29
Both Star Trek Online and Champions Online were far more 'casual' than TOR, if 'casual' means you can jump on, get right into the 'thick of it,' then be done, all within 20-25 minutes.
Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

MastaKorgy
12.17.2012 , 09:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Injudicator View Post
Recently I have had little opportunity to play and I noticed one thing. I log in and can immediately have some fun. It's very fast to hop on your ship and do some space missions, queuing for WZs doesn't take more than a few minutes, and depending on the time queuing for HM FPs and Operations doesn't as well.

Other MMOs went like this: I log in at 7 in the evening and start waiting for guild to log in. Even though we had specific raid times it took 1 hour to gather due to DC and RL issues. Then until we go do our raid 2 hours pass and usually we finish at 11. At that point people are lazy to do other groups and scatter.

SWTOR let's you enjoy even at late night. Was doing HM FPs the other day at 2 am

Gotta say it's awesome to have an MMO that let's you progress even if you don't have time to play 5+ hours a day.

Well then, you are extremely lucky. I on the other hand, have the exact opposite thing to say. Whenever I login, I immediately que for a warzone and dailies. It suaully takes me about an hour to find a group for the dailies and if I am lucky I can get a warzone every 30 mins (very rarely any sooner.) As a result of waiting this long, I am forced to solo my dailies and have to stop at the heroics. I then have to do space missions to make up for lost time and credits. By the time I am done with the space missions, I am so fedup that I exit the game. I then login and play League of Legends the rest of the day still be fedup of the time I have wasted.
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞