Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

V sync Makes a World of Difference for Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
V sync Makes a World of Difference for Me

OKandrew
12.17.2012 , 11:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SpearlikeAtom View Post
I have a 19" also and this is the one that I use, works pretty well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
I just ordered it. Thanks for all the advice guys. Unfortunately, I will never turn vsync on again. I don't care if my comp catches fire. Turning it off has improved my game experience by 110%. I can not be competitive at pvp without missing my gcd triggers and animation distancing.

NinjaApacHe
12.17.2012 , 11:38 AM | #22
I never swithced vsync on, should I?

itsmymillertime
12.17.2012 , 11:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NinjaApacHe View Post
I never swithced vsync on, should I?
I have fullscreen windowed mode, which enables vsync automatically, and I get lots of ability delay and such, so I am not sure what to think. I will turn mine off and see what happens.

Rothie
12.17.2012 , 12:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OKandrew View Post
What I was saying is that I haven't found a cooling pad big enough to cover the necessary areas of my laptop.
Cooler Master makes a 3 fan pad that will work on your 19.5" system. It's called the Note Pal U3. You can place the fans wherever you need them on the pad. Hope this helps.

edit- ^ see someone already posted it
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

Nijraw
12.17.2012 , 04:22 PM | #25
Not an option as I use a lap table in bed for use. I cannot sit up in a chair on a table because of back issues. Long story.
There's your problem, the laptop needs to breath, the bed and the sheets tend to smother the vents and can cause overheating, get yourself a hard flat piece of plywood or what ever works to set your laptop on, that way there is more air flow without any soft bed or sheets restricting cooling.

AshlaBoga
12.17.2012 , 05:05 PM | #26
MOM! Bathroom!
Andrew! Sword of 1k Truths!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

OKandrew
12.17.2012 , 06:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nijraw View Post
There's your problem, the laptop needs to breath, the bed and the sheets tend to smother the vents and can cause overheating, get yourself a hard flat piece of plywood or what ever works to set your laptop on, that way there is more air flow without any soft bed or sheets restricting cooling.
The laptop is on a table.

And, you can actually switch to fullscreen mode, turn off vsync, then switch back to windowed fullscreen with it off.