Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Name Change Feature

KalNightwing
12.17.2012 , 02:41 AM | #1
Hi Guys!

While reading through various posts, it seems that I am not the only Noob who fell into the name trap.

I am a quite new player and tried diffenrent variations of my name, like:

Mira Nightwing
Mira_Nightwing
and at last MiraNightwing.

You all know the story. Of course capitalized letters are not shown and this game has a legacy system,
which in my opinion should be pointed out a bit better for new character generation.

So now I am stuck with a character named "Miranightwing Nightwing" - which sucks.
Normaly I myself would reply "suck it up and live with it or start over",.... BUT
I opened a ticket and asked, if a name change is possible. The answer was:

"... at the moment it is not possible.... But if enough players request this, we might add a feature in the future".

So this post is all about "do we want a name change feature"?
If you do, just reply and say "Yes Sir!".

Thanks!

Houzukimaru
12.17.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
Basic "Mira" will not be possible. It's tough coming up with names that are not taken. I have a buddy from the beta that would love this feature as well. At early access he made "Felixblaq" and of course at the time we didn't know about Legacy coming in several months time and now he's "Felixblaq Blaq", it's kind of become a running gag at this point.
Lieutenant Mij Galaar
2nd Assault Platoon Commander
Alpha Company
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Norke
12.17.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
I don't see why they don't have services like this yet, I mean, it's already half way done. They have the ability to flag you for a name change so I don't see why they don't get someone to take the time to write the other half. It might be because it's buggy? Yesterday I played a character that I hadn't played since the server merges because I didn't want to change his name, I did and logged back out and was immediately flagged for another name change. So, a buggy system could be why.
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!

Quraswren
12.17.2012 , 12:39 PM | #4
In the months to come (and yea it could be longer) I expect to see things like name changes, server changes and a number of other similar features come to the cartel market.

You'll have to pay for it but I think it will happen. Just not as soon as players would like it to happen.

Prysha
12.17.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
+ Name change

+ Customization change ( size , faceshape , body mass ect... )

+ Guild name change

+ legacy name change

ive seen so many people asking for this.. pls add...

FREE for subscribers and CArtel option for F2P users... of course
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Quraswren
12.17.2012 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
SNIP...

FREE for subscribers and CArtel option for F2P users... of course
I dont think free for subscribers will ever happen on things like name changes or server changes or even guild name changes.

Customization to some extent might be free for subscribers but thats just a hope.

You can bet the other things will be a paid fee. It's like that in most every game and SWTOR will be no different there. Would be nice but I bet it doesn't work out to be free.

Prysha
12.17.2012 , 01:15 PM | #7
For example: In Star Trek Online , Champions online , APB and ( a lil bit ) at lineage 2 ( hairstyle/ hairdye / facelift change potion ) you CAN change your characters appearance without real money fee...( even for free users )
In Star Trek and CHampions online you can change your GUILD name at any time...( even for free users )
Also you can change your character name with just farming for ingame currency.....( even for free users )

that said ive proove that it exists in mmos ^^

so if they make it paid in SWTOR for subscribers they will loose even more players or subs....

BUT if they add those things for FREE to SUBSCRIBERS... and PAY for FREE2PLAY .. they can increase the amount of subscribers =)
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!