Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Delayed CC payment

Jeviati's Avatar


Jeviati
12.16.2012 , 08:33 PM | #1
To be clear: this is *NOT* a request for a Mod to send this up to the CS bots. I already spoke to them. This is more me complaining and possibly alerting others, in case they did not notice.

So, my billing cycle has me charged on the 15th. Last month (November) I received my Stipend on the 21st. Yesterday, my billing cycle came up again, I paid my $14.99 and apparently I get to wait up to six days again to receive my stipend. Last month I honestly did not notice the delay as my college was not on break, I had classes and homework. I was happy to even log on for an hour or two once every three days.

I just cannot fathom the reason for there to be such a long delay. Maybe a day, that I could get, if everyone was submitting payment that day and there was a lot of payments going through above the normal of people purchasing CC. I might be able to work with that. But six days? I do not go to the supermarket, pay for a can of soda and come back in almost a week to pick it up.

Cartel Coins are not something on back order. They are not a physical object that needs to be mailed to me. Why is there such a delay in me getting what I paid for?

MiraniSedai's Avatar


MiraniSedai
12.16.2012 , 08:51 PM | #2
Not particularly defending this practice but here is what I think is going on.

I suspect they have set up a set time (a week or so) that they delay delivering your stipend to ensure your payment clears the bank. That way if it fails they don't have to sort out what coins to remove particularly if you have spent them.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
12.16.2012 , 08:54 PM | #3
Yeah, it's most likely a fraud prevention measure.

DAMossimo's Avatar


DAMossimo
12.16.2012 , 08:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MiraniSedai View Post
Not particularly defending this practice but here is what I think is going on.

I suspect they have set up a set time (a week or so) that they delay delivering your stipend to ensure your payment clears the bank. That way if it fails they don't have to sort out what coins to remove particularly if you have spent them.
I'd concur with this reasoning but it does sting a little knowing they don't have an ounce of trust in their customers. And then they wonder why most of their customer base doesn't trust them.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
12.16.2012 , 09:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
it does sting a little knowing they don't have an ounce of trust in their customers.
Then clearly you've never been in a position of dealing with customers from a business operations standpoint.

While many are honest, there are a vast number of customers who will use every trick in the book to come out ahead in any business transaction and any sensible business will take precautions to reduce the amount of money they lose to fraud.
The entire "loss prevention" industry is built around this principle.

DAMossimo's Avatar


DAMossimo
12.16.2012 , 09:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Then clearly you've never been in a position of dealing with customers from a business operations standpoint.

While many are honest, there are a vast number of customers who will use every trick in the book to come out ahead in any business transaction and any sensible business will take precautions to reduce the amount of money they lose to fraud.
The entire "loss prevention" industry is built around this principle.
You're correct of course, when selling a physical product or a service that puts unearned service revenue on the books, but in this case, we're talking about 0's & 1's in a code database. There is no inventory cost, no incurred liability, and I doubt they record Cartel Coins as unearned service revenue on thier books as they are non-refundable.

It is essentially the same credit card transaction as a sub renewal which does not have a 3 - 6 day holding period.

sableyes's Avatar


sableyes
12.16.2012 , 10:43 PM | #7
when I chnage dpayment meothd to a new card I got mine straight away, I did pay via a credit card as well not even a debit card this was 29 days ago.

Jeviati's Avatar


Jeviati
12.18.2012 , 12:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
There is no inventory cost, no incurred liability, and I doubt they record Cartel Coins as unearned service revenue on thier books as they are non-refundable.

It is essentially the same credit card transaction as a sub renewal which does not have a 3 - 6 day holding period.
Exactly my point. Now, I will admit that I just noticed they are trying to put it through on a card that expires this month but was deactivated (or should have been) last month. I have since updated the card information with a new one, but the fact that it went through at all is very interesting. I think I need to go speak with my bank about this. Also, regardless of that, last month before the soon to expire card was canceled, I still had a six day gap between charge and CC delivery for subscription. If memory serves though, that was when F2P went live, so there is no real correlation there to what is happening this month. Nor do I feel that it is a valid reason for the delay.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
12.18.2012 , 06:38 AM | #9
ok, so i understand fraud prevention when its a new charge. but riddle me this.

I paid for 3 month subscription. so my credit card payment went through a month ago.

why am I STILL waiting for my cartel coins? not that I'm going to be spending them, but its a question of principle.

pudim's Avatar


pudim
12.18.2012 , 06:42 AM | #10
If thats the reason their system is very bad
6 days is too much
on LoTRO you get it in less than 30 seconds
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless