Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ultimate PvP Records Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ultimate PvP Records Thread

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
04.09.2013 , 02:23 AM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
Why do you even bother?
What do you mean? o.O It's a record why shouldn't i bother?

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
04.09.2013 , 11:25 AM | #572
.. It pains me to say this, especially since you are so excited about the hit.. but I don't see myself adding this.. I'll explain my reasoning.

1) When I asked other commandos if the hit was possible, commandos that were fully EWH augmented said they could only achieve hits as high as 6.5k and that's pushing it, and that was in dps spec.
2) You're a commando healer, I see no way you as a healer could've achieved this hit when a dps commandos can't.
3) You yourself couldn't even tell me how you got this hit.

P.S. Records are now closed. The only 1.0 records I'll be posting here now will be either this one if somehow I decide to add it, or the screenshot of Mcclamity's 3.4k+ rating if he ever decides to give me a screenshot link instead of his twitch, because those records are still from before 2.0 came out.

Bulbasaur's Avatar


Bulbasaur
04.10.2013 , 04:33 PM | #573
MerzA(gasM)
The Legacy Legacy
Prophecy of the Five

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
04.10.2013 , 04:54 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
People were doing easily 1800+ dps on the pts... and it even wouldn't make the live record list as is ( for dps )

Bulbasaur's Avatar


Bulbasaur
04.11.2013 , 09:17 AM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
People were doing easily 1800+ dps on the pts... and it even wouldn't make the live record list as is ( for dps )
It beats the top total damage record, didn't say anything about dps.
MerzA(gasM)
The Legacy Legacy
Prophecy of the Five

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
04.11.2013 , 11:58 AM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
.. It pains me to say this, especially since you are so excited about the hit.. but I don't see myself adding this.. I'll explain my reasoning.

1) When I asked other commandos if the hit was possible, commandos that were fully EWH augmented said they could only achieve hits as high as 6.5k and that's pushing it, and that was in dps spec.
2) You're a commando healer, I see no way you as a healer could've achieved this hit when a dps commandos can't.
3) You yourself couldn't even tell me how you got this hit.

P.S. Records are now closed. The only 1.0 records I'll be posting here now will be either this one if somehow I decide to add it, or the screenshot of Mcclamity's 3.4k+ rating if he ever decides to give me a screenshot link instead of his twitch, because those records are still from before 2.0 came out.
lol I told you how, it was on a fresh faced 50 in PvE gear. Don't disregard my gear either. I am fully mix/maxed EWH too, the only thing I never ended up getting was a PvE armoring for my belt, I used a Black Hole body armouring instead.

As a healer, I've seen people doing this recently on Repub side. Yes, people have gone into 50 PvP with their mixed bag of 40-50 leveled PvE armor (I've even seen someone with level <30 stuff on before). It's rare, but I've seen it. I don't play imp side, so I don't recognise their gear visually to notice if they were in PvP gear or not, I only assume that they were not due to the fact I smashed them with a High Impact Bolt and their health just vanished.

You claim it's a bug in the score board, but I've played this game since launch and have never once seen the scoreboard bug out. I've seen it not count biggest hits or heals (this is due to over damage or over healing) but never randomly fabricating something that "didn't happen".

But that's okay. <3

I'm curious to see other screenshots of things that you disregarded, just out of curiosity, because I've never seen the scoreboard bug.

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
04.11.2013 , 12:41 PM | #577
The scoreboard bug is basically when it counts a multi hit as one single hit. I know this exists because on my shadow it would count my double project as one single hit. I've disregarded hits from sages and vanguards that are around the same hit damage as what your hit is. This category was the worst one to moderate, no question, and it is the one I took the most heat over.

I am probably going to unsub now with 2.0 not bringing nearly as many changes as I'd of liked. Hopefully someone else carries on my work and makes an Ultimate PvP Records Thread for 2.0. If someone makes a 2.0 thread of this however, I have one piece of advice. When moderating biggest hit and biggest heal, ask for a screenshot of the hit itself, rather than the scoreboard. I did not have the foresight when I created this thread to realize biggest hit would be such a debated point, and it has given me many unnecessary headaches.

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
04.11.2013 , 12:48 PM | #578
Well, personally I've never seen this bug and I feel like it could be very unlikely that this happened. I don't use Full Auto as a healer, and rarely use Plasma Grenade and Mortor Volley (unless I need to stop caps) which doesn't happen in Hypergate because I'm usually at mid. In this particularl Warzone, I used Mortor Volley once.

Either way, it's fine I guess.

What am I gonna do? argue with you for another 10 pages?

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
04.11.2013 , 01:09 PM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
It beats the top total damage record, didn't say anything about dps.
You didn't say anything about damage either. The post above you posted the day before even says in bold that "P.S. Records are now closed."

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
04.11.2013 , 05:11 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
Well, personally I've never seen this bug and I feel like it could be very unlikely that this happened. I don't use Full Auto as a healer, and rarely use Plasma Grenade and Mortor Volley (unless I need to stop caps) which doesn't happen in Hypergate because I'm usually at mid. In this particularl Warzone, I used Mortor Volley once.

Either way, it's fine I guess.

What am I gonna do? argue with you for another 10 pages?
Well, I respect the fact you don't want to argue in circles forever. Like I said, this is all partly my fault for not realizing months ago that the biggest hit category would become such a controversial category. I should have asked for screenshots of the hit itself when judging biggest hit. Either way, you at least made it onto Toth's list I think. You'll have all of 2.0 to have a chance at a record now, as long as someone carries on my work.

To everyone, I had fun doing these records through all of 1.0, even though they gave me a headache sometimes. I'm sorry to the records that I have disqualified if they were legit records. I did try to be as fair as I possibly could when assessing these records.