Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ultimate PvP Records Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ultimate PvP Records Thread

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
02.02.2013 , 03:22 PM | #361
Biggest heal is obviously a glitch/bug/two abilties counting as one. You won't even break 9K in a min/maxed DG set in PvE and there is no way of getting close to those stats without sacrificing expertise and the heal bonus in PvP.

Biggest hit is questionable. Might be threoretically possible but the other guy would have to be naked and if he's naked it's most likely a setup and shouldnt be recorded. I'm leaning toward it being the same bug/glitch/two abilties counting as one as for the biggest heal though.

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.02.2013 , 03:36 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
Biggest heal is obviously a glitch/bug/two abilties counting as one. You won't even break 9K in a min/maxed DG set in PvE and there is no way of getting close to those stats without sacrificing expertise and the heal bonus in PvP.

Biggest hit is questionable. Might be threoretically possible but the other guy would have to be naked and if he's naked it's most likely a setup and shouldnt be recorded. I'm leaning toward it being the same bug/glitch/two abilties counting as one as for the biggest heal though.
Biggest hit and biggest heal categories are tricky. They can't really be moderated that easily, as it's not nearly as easy to prove if something is a glitch or not. With damage per second for example, you can take into account the overall damage and divide that by the warzone length. Nothing like that can be used here. I've seen bigger heals than the biggest heal on here, one that was over 10k. I forgot how he did it, but there are factors like healing a commando, while having an expertise buff on, and inspiration. These biggest hits would probably have to be on naked people.

I can't just take down particular records down for being setup without any proof of that. Someone once told me that in the 10k area is around the biggest legit hit you can get. However, if I go by that line of thinking, then even if something is a setup game and around 10k, I just count it? If someone gets a legit biggest hit of 11k or over somehow I just say it doesn't count? Where do I set this arbitrary limit, and how would it be fair?
Phantom Dusk - Assassin - Harbinger

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
02.02.2013 , 04:18 PM | #363
Still iffy, even with group buffs, recklessness etc I don't see how someone would be able to crit 3K higher than a normal warzone crit (around 7K for deliverance)

Do you have some minumim damage/healing threshold for the dps/hps category by the way? Like, the person also has to break 200K damage/healing for the dps/hps to count, or something. I mean, the shorter the game is the easier it becomes to keep the dps/hps up. You can in theory backfill, drop from spawn with 3 secs left, channel a 7K heal and get 2,3K hps in a game.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
02.02.2013 , 04:37 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
Still iffy, even with group buffs, recklessness etc I don't see how someone would be able to crit 3K higher than a normal warzone crit (around 7K for deliverance)

Do you have some minumim damage/healing threshold for the dps/hps category by the way? Like, the person also has to break 200K damage/healing for the dps/hps to count, or something. I mean, the shorter the game is the easier it becomes to keep the dps/hps up. You can in theory backfill, drop from spawn with 3 secs left, channel a 7K heal and get 2,3K hps in a game.
Actually you can't, when determining DPS/HPS, they take your total and divide by the duration of the whole match, not how long you were in the match. Seen this 100 times, but verified it as recently as last night. Backfilled into a VS right at the start of the second round, did 308k in 4:30, mouse-over said I had like 612dps, when obviously math says it should have been 1140+.

Nothing against Gvette though, but I still don't buy an Annihilation Marauder doing 388dps hitting anyone for 10k+.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
02.02.2013 , 04:45 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Actually you can't, when determining DPS/HPS, they take your total and divide by the duration of the whole match, not how long you were in the match. Seen this 100 times, but verified it as recently as last night. Backfilled into a VS right at the start of the second round, did 308k in 4:30, mouse-over said I had like 612dps, when obviously math says it should have been 1140+.

Nothing against Gvette though, but I still don't buy an Annihilation Marauder doing 388dps hitting anyone for 10k+.
Could have sworn it atleast used to only count the time you spent in the game. Well that rules out that then.

Siphorus's Avatar


Siphorus
02.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #366
Deft - The bastion

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.02.2013 , 05:46 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post
How many rounds was that? It needs to show how many rounds it is.
Phantom Dusk - Assassin - Harbinger

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
02.02.2013 , 05:52 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
How many rounds was that? It does not show.
it's not real... ffs

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.02.2013 , 05:56 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
it's not real... ffs
I know this. That's why I asked him how many rounds it was, without it, I can't add that. I estimate a game of that score was around 5-6 rounds. Each round lasts 2 minutes. With about a 10 second intermission on each round during the explosion. So...let's assume 6 rounds.

12x60 = 720(2 minutes per round, 6 rounds) + 6x10 = 60(6 10 second intermissions per explosion.)

His total(804920)/(780) = 1031.95 hps(Probably a lot closer to what the real number is.)
Phantom Dusk - Assassin - Harbinger

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
02.02.2013 , 05:58 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
I know this. That's why I asked him how many rounds it was, without it, I can't add that. I estimate a game of that score was around 5-6 rounds. Each round lasts 2 minutes. With about a 10 second intermission on each round during the explosion. So...let's assume 6 rounds.

12x60 = 720(2 minutes per round, 6 rounds) + 6x10 = 60(6 10 second intermissions per explosion.)

His total(804920)/(780) = 1031.95 hps(Probably a lot closer to what the real number is.)
actually 1187.2 but glad to hear it