Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMaulUK
12.16.2012 , 07:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."
You must own a copy of the sims
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Totaltrash
12.17.2012 , 03:49 AM | #22
Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."
Glad you like it.
The mechanics are actually very easy and have been done before.
It's just another cap-and-hold variation, nothing novel.

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.
Even territory does not mean even playability for all classes.
Just as Huttball is biased in favor of gap closer classes, this map is biased towards stealthers.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy.
Yes it is incredibly easy and has practically happened every wz that I have been in so far.
6 secs capping < than stuns from 1 stealther

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.
No, they cannot (see above) - and there is not enough time to call incoming.
Not to mention that defending is not rewarded, hence (premades aside) nobody wants to guard.

Lastly, the brawl in mid is really just a gear check - if you are in recruit gear, don't go there.
In fact, if you are a non-stealther in recruit gear and not carried by a premade, skip this entire warzone.
You'll be glad you did, because there is nothing useful for you do there.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.
Yes, come-backs are possible and that's about the only good thing this wz has to offer.

Atramar
12.17.2012 , 03:59 AM | #23
You can flip the score by quick take over of enemy pylon before end of the round to basicly reduce all of their points for this round. I would like to see enemys face when I do that mua ha ha.
it's not bad WZ, mostly death match with a bit of suprize attack...

but then again, I like all warzones...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

rawfox
12.17.2012 , 04:21 AM | #24
I like the new warzone.
And im very happy, we got a new WZ at all.
I hope we get even more Warzones in the future and i agree, Hutball was a outstanding concept while AH is more the classical capture game, but still ... a new WZ

There is a unexpected lot of players, mainly doing only the PvP game(s).
I hope they gonna improve the PvP game even more.

xhii
12.17.2012 , 04:47 AM | #25
I hate staring at the door timer.
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

Banderal
12.17.2012 , 05:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
^THIS... I always get stuck on guard duty so at the end the match I look like a piece of **** and get hardly any comms or valor
In the last AH I was in, I noticed the poor sap who was stuck guarding our node the first 'round'. So after we captured it the second round, and I saw it was the same guy, I volunteered to take over for him. Then I thought to myself "*** am I doing!?". I find solo guarding to be the most nerve wracking thing in all the "node capture" WZs. It's like the (American) football field-goal kicker with a chance to kick the game winning field goal. One little mistake and suddenly it's entirely your fault the game was lost. Luckily, though, we were dominating that game, and won.

But I like the new WZ. I don't really have a reason, maybe just because it's new. Or maybe because I've had more wins than losses with it so far.

Injudicator
12.17.2012 , 06:11 AM | #27
I like that it is more fast-paced and the incredible push/knockback fest that start once the shockwave is coming Very fun to kick people out, hehe, sadly I am being the one who is getting pushed out more

LarryRow
12.17.2012 , 09:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by -ThEoNe- View Post
the only ones that don't really like it have no idea how to play it
Sorry but you don't get to pass judgment on people's opinion like that. I know how to play it and I dont like it.

No defender points for guarding. WTH
6 sec cap time is very very stupid. No explanation should be necessary

Door timer somehow feels longer and more frustrating than voidstar. Plus the waiting area is huge. if you are waiting at one door and realize you need to go out the other, you can be stuck for another cycle. (yes I know you can drop down and go through the tunnel)

The area feels too spread out so that there is actually not much action. It takes too long to get anywhere. On the other hand mid feels too cramped.

Stupid little blocks everywhere on the ground mess up your kiting. Especially healers focused on ops frame.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Theodulus
12.17.2012 , 10:18 AM | #29
Only had it pop once but I don't know. Don't really like it even though our PUG steamrolled. I managed to get 290k healing on my lvl 32 op but I didn't get a single objective point . I guess I didn't contribute at all or the way objective points are calculated aren't favorable for healers on this map. Otherwise it seems to be a 1 vs 1 fest where everyone are spread out except a few mid preventing the others from grabbing orbs.

Joesixxpack
12.17.2012 , 10:26 AM | #30
Neat map, atm though it's my least favorite. I'm hoping once everyone gets acclimated that'll change since it offers a lot for clever tactics and comeback opportunities. The typical cap side then Big Zerg in a Small Room routine isn't too exciting. But I like how there're a few different ways to get ahead or screw over the other team.

Agreed that def. points need to be sorted out.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE