Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

Lium
12.17.2012 , 01:38 AM | #21
Considering how dull and lifeless the planets are, I would think that having other people around you while you are playing would be a good thing.

GalacticKegger
12.17.2012 , 02:19 AM | #22
Nope. If there are singles showing up for the same quest boss, we just group up. This game is an MMO, which means plenty of opportunities to "play well with others." If a player wants to solo, cool ... they can simply change instances. But crowded planets being a problem? Nope. There's always Xbox if single player campaign mode is the preference.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

morfius
12.17.2012 , 03:41 AM | #23
They just need to make those clickables react to each player touching them without care are there 3 more players doing it.
But this cannot solve same issues with quest mobs in open world... this is MMO general issue - to balance respawn times with number of players grinding same mobs.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

LegendaryBlade
12.17.2012 , 03:42 AM | #24
I wish I had your problem.

Most of the time it's 5 people per planet on my server, tops.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Rafaman
12.17.2012 , 03:46 AM | #25
Before the mergers I was on barren planets all of the time and I definitely prefer crowded planets. I group through areas and the social aspects make the game much more enjoyable. Spawn fights occur from time to time and ninjas are a plenty. But generally, it doesn't bother me too much. Usually I just move on to the next spawn as there are plenty on most quests.

Goretzu
12.17.2012 , 03:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHunterC View Post
There are different instances on planets. You could try switching (it's on your map).
Other than that, the large population is a good thing.
The zones don't seem to be built for the number of people in them though.

Quest items and quest mobs just don't seem to spawn fast enough for more than 100 per zone, never mind rares and crafting nodes.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
12.17.2012 , 03:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Nope. If there are singles showing up for the same quest boss, we just group up. This game is an MMO, which means plenty of opportunities to "play well with others." If a player wants to solo, cool ... they can simply change instances. But crowded planets being a problem? Nope. There's always Xbox if single player campaign mode is the preference.
This is where open groups like Warhammer Online had would be a godsend, why on earth Bioware EA didn't copy them I have no idea.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Sinapus
12.17.2012 , 03:58 AM | #28
Sometimes. I had that quest for the Senator who wanted slave collar circuitry recovered and there was something of a queue to recover 7 of those things from the crates because a lot of people were there. Otherwise I'll live with it.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

GrandMike
12.17.2012 , 04:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by HauksbokT View Post
Is this thread actually serious?

Master Dar'Nala from Oceanic region doesn't even have that many people on the entire server nearly, let alone one *********** instance of a planet. This thread should not even exist :/ *** is wrong with you lol
DOnt blame the player, blame the developer.

If there were free server transfers (like in some other smarter MMOs) everyone could move where they wont.

I like medium pop servers the best. Where is MY option aslo?

Try doing Rep Black Hole dailies when theres gazzilion people around, its freakin terrible (goes for any daily area really, mybe not Blesavis, but Blesavis take ages to load even with SATA3 SSD so i avoid it - i do dailies between WZs).

So yah, channel your anger to the right spot

Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Spawn fights occur from time to time and ninjas are a plenty.
It bothers me a lot, its biggest immersion breaker you can have in RPG. Lining up for quest monster, what, we are in time machine to 1999?

It kinda sucks because they went as far as voice over every quest giver to CREATE that immersion.

Goretzu
12.17.2012 , 05:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
Sometimes. I had that quest for the Senator who wanted slave collar circuitry recovered and there was something of a queue to recover 7 of those things from the crates because a lot of people were there. Otherwise I'll live with it.
Yeah the closer you get to 200 in a zone the more ridiculous it becomes.

Doing some of the "destroy 6 object" quests can go from being a 5 min thing to quite literally 30 min+ just waiting for respawns.