Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No healers

toyfanatic
12.17.2012 , 07:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
yeah but is there a single HM FP that is challenging for a half smart DPS?
Maelstrom prision requires some thought on two boss fights especially if all dps are melee. Ol' laser eyes and mr-darthmaul-wannabe, I have seen groups wipe on this to many times:-p. Sadly on your comment the final boss of the easiest of the fp's will kill them. T5 anyone? I have seen geared groups wipe on that even in HM farm mode. All it takes is a lack of communication and itsa wipe. Who hasn't wiped on the trash in Kaon? The dark room with all the mobs has to be pulled then dps'd just right or you will have a series of wipes. Or lets move through the final encounter the last room befor the boss requires some serious cc's to make it survivable. Sadly this game is full of people who require it hand holding or else the group suffers. Ironfist on esselles can be tricky if the dps think the mechanics are the same between sm and hm. HM's FP are not so easy if you use group finder and don't have voice.

Brimmer
12.17.2012 , 07:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TelekinesisBeard View Post
On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?
My scoundrel and my sage often get sent to groups as a healer when I triple check that it only says DPS. There is a bug that can toggle healing even if you don't have it toggled. Also both roles will sometimes toggle, so make sure to check that the correct are only toggled, before you queue.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

LarryRow
12.18.2012 , 08:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
Gear does'nt make skill. My main is a tank and knowing all the fight mechanics is key to being good at. I know guys who try your tactic and I am underimpressed by it. The guys that only do dps are better at it than the guys who flop around between re-specs. Tanking and DPS are not the same. I know several sages that refuse to go heals spec, I can respect the honest answer that they feel they are no good at at healing. Free respec might be better used to change your pvp format with your pve format.
Well, I'm sorry for playing and wanting to enjoy all aspects of my character. It's nice to dps sometimes after being a thankless meatshield (exaggeration). It's not like I would take my character as dps into progression raiding, that would not go well, but for hard mode flashpoints or story mode EC/TFB comm runs where someone else prefers to tank, it is a non-issue.

You are spot on with the text I bolded. There are many skills in the trees that are only suited to PvE or PvP and being able to hone your spec for free is a big bonus.

Maelstrom prision requires some thought on two boss fights especially if all dps are melee. Ol' laser eyes and mr-darthmaul-wannabe, I have seen groups wipe on this to many times:-p. Sadly on your comment the final boss of the easiest of the fp's will kill them. T5 anyone? I have seen geared groups wipe on that even in HM farm mode. All it takes is a lack of communication and itsa wipe.
I haven't wiped on any of this crap in ages, even on my fresh 50s in recruit gear who join random LFG groups with other people in recruit gear. Once you know the mechanics and LOS tricks, these fights are easy.

Quote:
Who hasn't wiped on the trash in Kaon?
Haha, I'll give you this one. Enough people stacked on the exploding mobs will wipe the group every time. People speed running the FP wipe in the dark room because they try to skip too much and get Screamered into another group. Honestly the trash in Kaon is the boss and the bosses are the trash.

Bottom line: it sounds like you find the content a little more challenging than the playerbase at large.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

toyfanatic
12.19.2012 , 07:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Bottom line: it sounds like you find the content a little more challenging than the playerbase at large.
Too bad the playerbase is making the content more challenging. I can't fix stupid.

Raynezazki
12.19.2012 , 10:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TelekinesisBeard View Post
On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?
Had this happen to me. Luckily I was playing a sage. Healer goes "lol don't need heal spec" then gets irritated when we wipe on bonus boss. I pretty much went F this. Respecced as heals and the FP went on as planned.

I shouldn't have had to do that though. Especially considering I queued as DPS and waited longer so I wouldn't have to heal in the first place.

MarkoJinn
12.20.2012 , 10:06 AM | #26
I think there is some sort of a bug in the group finder with regards to roles you pick for it. I know for a fact I turned off the healer role last night when I queued for the FP but when the screen to start the FP popped up I was queued as a healer.

I'm not sure on how and why it happens but I have made my mission to figure it out... It might have something to do with queuing for PVP at the same time...

In any case make sure you check your role before you accept and travel to the FP...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

MarkoJinn
12.20.2012 , 10:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
My scoundrel and my sage often get sent to groups as a healer when I triple check that it only says DPS. There is a bug that can toggle healing even if you don't have it toggled. Also both roles will sometimes toggle, so make sure to check that the correct are only toggled, before you queue.
^^^^^^^ This... It's not the community folks there is a bug and I've experienced it myself....
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

wadecounty
12.20.2012 , 01:43 PM | #28
Gear does'nt make skill. My main is a tank and knowing all the fight mechanics is key to being good at. I know guys who try your tactic and I am underimpressed by it. The guys that only do dps are better at it than the guys who flop around between re-specs. Tanking and DPS are not the same. I know several sages that refuse to go heals spec, I can respect the honest answer that they feel they are no good at at healing. Free respec might be better used to change your pvp format with your pve format.
Seriously? Only ever tanking or DPSing doesn't make you a better tank or DPS, it makes you one dimensional. I've DPS'd and tanked hard mode Terror From Beyond as a Juggernaut, I'm sorry you're only good enough to do one role after this game has been out for a year now.

AMulls
12.20.2012 , 02:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Seriously? Only ever tanking or DPSing doesn't make you a better tank or DPS, it makes you one dimensional. I've DPS'd and tanked hard mode Terror From Beyond as a Juggernaut, I'm sorry you're only good enough to do one role after this game has been out for a year now.
While I don't know that I would have put it quite this way, I agree with what you're saying.

Being able to play both roles effectively is not too difficult, and switching back and forth can give you a much better perspective on the other role. In other words, when I'm tanking, I have a better understanding of what the DPS are trying to do and develop a sense of where the DPS generally go. Same with playing a DPS. I have a greater understanding of what the tank will be focusing on and DPS down the other mobs, without having to be told.

Also, I know not to use force sweep near any cced mobs.

toyfanatic
12.20.2012 , 03:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Yes seriously, for me my sole interest in this game is tanking. And yes I have DPS'ed.I started as a dps and went to tanking. maybee I should have added that disclaimer. You put a valid point but there is two sides of the coin. Tanking in this game is much harder than in WoW. I have other toons that arn't tanks. It is not as easy as some might think to swap roles. I am sorry, I am not the super-uber player you are and can't swap roles in my sleep. My point is master some aspect of the game, not just be the jack 'o' all trades and master of none. Be exceptional in a role. With your comment about this game out for a year - what have you tried? And what have you liked doing? Stick with what keep you enjoying this game and excel in something.