Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No healers

TelekinesisBeard
12.15.2012 , 12:17 PM | #1
On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?

abokado
12.15.2012 , 12:44 PM | #2
well, it could be that they simply forgot to toggle off the healing role in the group finder window. Happened to me recently with my jugg. I'm playing DPS but forgot to toggle the tank role off, since the group finder doesn't really check your spec or gear or something. was a surprise when I noticed there were two other DPS than me and that I was supposed to tank. so, yeah, I definitely think you should have to toggle your role before joining the queue manually each time or things like that may happen.

jeniyagyu
12.15.2012 , 12:44 PM | #3
I have had this happen over the last week or so with flashpoints (esp lower ones) it is the F2P people. (You can tell cuz Subs now get their legacy at lvl 10 and can show their legacy and title). They don't care to check the GF to make sure they are queued right. Just start kicking them from group.

Otherwise it is people that don't want to wait very long for a queue since they are dps. But it isn't anyone else's fault/problem that they don't want to play a tank/healer.

In the end though, I would just kick them or leave if your the tank. (I've left ALOT of HM FP's over the last week because of that and 14k people that think they are too good for the FREE Tionese gear. (My jugg dps is 17k with Tionese gear/Recurit implants. There is NO excuse).
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

TheMarmalade
12.15.2012 , 04:56 PM | #4
Yeah I did false emp last night with a guildie and his new guardian tank on my 61 63 sage healer. The two dps we got were pitiful and took a little offense when called out on it. Both still had some level 40ish green gear and 14k and 16k health. Even after hk enraged and one shotted the two of em they didn't want to hear about the free recruit and tionese gear they could get.

DarkTemptations
12.15.2012 , 05:40 PM | #5
I've been around since the very beginning of the game launching and I have never seen anything like this before, it has gotten really bad. Yes at first when the GF came out there was come confusion and what not but once it had been around for awhile everyone got the ball rolling and understood the parameters. I have two 50's on Imp side and am working on my third now a JK. Will I get the FREE recruit and tionese gear upon hitting 50? Damn skippy. It has mods you can fit to your gear or simply swap it out wholesale, I don't understand the issue here. Anyways, my whole point after my little rant here is that what is happening is people who sub and people who are FTP (With exceptions) are creating a rift between the two types of players. I expected it to happen honestly as the world especially the internet is filled with people who know better than you do at every turn and just will not take advice at all regardless of how many times or how politely you try.

All we can do as a community and as players is to aid those who are willing and eager to listen or take advice. Bring them into the fold and welcome them with open arms. The rest? Well they will always get left by the wayside wondering just what the hell happened when they can't get a group or find themselves stuck with nobody to help em. I for one, run around the various planets with my Founder tag on so that those who are new can stop me and ask me questions in which I am more than happy to stop and answer what I can or provide them the direction to find out.

Safe Paths,
Do'san.
"Temptation is the downfall of every single living sentient being."

uniz
12.16.2012 , 09:15 PM | #6
used to be a group finder bug where some healers are queued up as dps and some dps being queued up as healers. after patches and updates it still happens from time to time. also it can reset and change what you have had previously picked. i have noticed this at times on my sage healer so i make a note to double check when i do queue up for the very rare pug i now do.

Dacce
12.16.2012 , 09:27 PM | #7
I have queued up as DPS on my vanguard and ended up having to tank. I even checked specifically to make sure that I was only set as DPS, and 5 mins later, I got a pop and I was set as the tank.

it didn't bother me too much, at level 38 doing Maelstroms Prison, I just chucked on a shield generator and changed stance.

But I would have rather gotten to do it as DPS.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

LarryRow
12.17.2012 , 10:39 AM | #8
At least they can respec and use the same gear and be effective. That doesn't work well with the dps that join as tanks.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

inknform
12.17.2012 , 12:23 PM | #9
Sad thing is (or maybe not so sad...), I rolled a healer because of the fact that, since f2p, there has been a huge lack of them. While I'm leveling (currently lvl 31 Sage), I just broadcast "healer lfg for [insert quest here]" and typically the pure DPS classes come-a-runnin'. DPSers have then place, but they don't always make a healers job any easier when they are not geared like a tank and can mitigate damage.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Rawkfist (Vanguard - Shield Spec)
L'encre (Operative/Med)

Theodulus
12.17.2012 , 01:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TelekinesisBeard View Post
On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?
They are cutting in line. I have had the displeasure to heal plenty of tanks sporting a generator. Just changing stance isn't going to make it much easier for me to heal you.