Armoury updated, happy min/maxing! READ!

Xinika

My armoury has been updated to reflect the Elite War Hero stat changes and what I will be currently aiming for.

Things I've noticed

- The new Striker's Motivator should be avoided. Its stat allocation bends heavily into Endurance and is useless. The old Striker Motivator is seemingly a better choice. One should aim for the Elite Force-Lord's as side pieces in case they need to swap it up for balance-inspired builds.

- Most of the single pieces are 1-4 + stat upgrades. Seems worthless right? Wrong, add these up overtime through consistent min/maxing and tweaking and it will make a solid difference between standard WH vs EWH.

- Start with the Elite Stalker Bracers first. You'll be able to exchange that mod throughout several different items and you can even use the armouring from it to cover another piece of gear. (You only need 4 pieces of WH armouring to receive the set bonus not 5. This will save you time.)

Happy grinding!:rak_03:

Link your armouries below!

Edited by Xinika

You're a star! Ive been sorting out my armour etc as well, after a small break. Although I am still hurting from 1.4 in terms of mods etc ( I was caught up in that download fiasco meaning I had to actually WAIT until the next day to play :(, meaning that I missed out the night before putting all my old mods back in their place to benefit from the changes).

I don't know about you but after playing Guild Wars 2 and other recent MMOs, nothing quite beats the Sin in terms of class and PvP.

I don't know about you but after playing Guild Wars 2 and other recent MMOs, nothing quite beats the Sin in terms of class and PvP.

So true. Out of all the games I've played, I have yet to encounter a class that is so highly creative as the Shadow / Assassin.

PS: Let's get some more linked armouries for comparison, shall we?:cool:

Edited by Xinika

So true. Out of all the games I've played, I have yet to encounter a class that is so highly creative as the Shadow / Assassin.

PS: Let's get some more linked armouries for comparison, shall we?:cool:

Here's what I came up with. Minuscule more bonus damage than you haha, but really no change. The difference was more noticeable in the regular WH stage where I had about 30 more bonus damage than most other min/ maxed people I saw, while keeping the 30% crit. I find the best results come from full power mods, and getting any needed crit from augments.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0d792da8-0179-4b1a-8a7a-df4d39d5bf4d

That's mostly 26's, putting in all 27's, and swapping 2 crit augs to willpower is the end result.

Here's what I came up with. Minuscule more bonus damage than you haha, but really no change. The difference was more noticeable in the regular WH stage where I had about 30 more bonus damage than most other min/ maxed people I saw, while keeping the 30% crit. I find the best results come from full power mods, and getting any needed crit from augments.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0d792da8-0179-4b1a-8a7a-df4d39d5bf4d

That's mostly 26's, putting in all 27's, and swapping 2 crit augs to willpower is the end result.

Interesting. This also works too though.

Hey Shin'arika, I've been watching your video's for quite awhile. I've played Deception sense the beginning, 2/31/8 .

I've alway's done pretty well, even when very few played Deception I was always able to make it viable in most ranked matches. Topping the charts in most regulars, but I have noticed a decline in my over all damage sense the last couple patches.

I'm thinking mainly due to my min/maxing and such, I've gone from 300k+ damage down to 250k or less most matches. I still kill people quick and effectively, but I'm just not reaching those numbers I like to see at the end.

What would be your idea stats to have for this build?

Crit, Power, Surge, Accuracy, and WP?

Edited by SyphonSith

Hey Shin'arika, I've been watching your video's for quite awhile. I've played Deception sense the beginning, 2/31/8 .

I've alway's done pretty well, even when very few played Deception I was always able to make it viable in most ranked matches. Topping the charts in most regulars, but I have noticed a decline in my over all damage sense the last couple patches.

I'm thinking mainly due to my min/maxing and such, I've gone from 300k+ damage down to 250k or less most matches. I still kill people quick and effectively, but I'm just not reaching those numbers I like to see at the end.

What would be your idea stats to have for this build?

Crit, Power, Surge, Accuracy, and WP?

Can I know your stats?

Sure, I actually just made some adjustments to my stats looking at your armory.

Willpower: 1770

Expertise: 1264

[Melee]

Damage (Pri): 1055 - 1257

Bonus dmg: 650.9

Accuracy: 96.34% / 158, ( Was 94.00%)

Crit Chance: 33.24% / 257, ( Was 34.42% )

Surge: 78.04% / 376, ( Was 79.00% )

Power: 1028, ( Was 950 )

This is fully buffed, with exotech stim.

I also just swapped out a EWH armoring for a 27 armoring, and couple resolve augments for power.

I'm mainly concerned where my Accuracy and Crit should be.

Edited by SyphonSith

heres a dumb question, but once i get around 1200 expertise i can focus on other stats? because currently i have over 1300

Not a dumb question. Let me explain to you, the whole deal with expertise. It's relative in growth and doesn't cut off at any soft cap. Basically, a player with 1100 expertise vs a player with 1400 expertise, the 1100 expertise player will take more damage than the player with 1400 and do less damage to her.

However, a player with 1100 expertise vs a player with 1000 expertise, the 1100 player will hit the 1000 expertise player harder than the 1400 expertise player will. (Assuming the 1100 expertise player is in good pve armourings/gear etc) So, basically, in a nutshell - you need to adjust your expertise based on your server.

The higher, the better for more stabilized play. You want to get high numbers? Then go for lower and look for those with lower expertise. My armoury showed 1200, but in game I'm rolling with 1350. Reason is for ranked. However, most players in regular warzones generally have a low count. So again, you need to decide what works based on the environment.

If you're curious how I swap my expertise gains, then just take away the (63) PvE armourings and replace it with the EWH Stalker bracer armourings. Then place an EXP crystal in the focus.

Sure, I actually just made some adjustments to my stats looking at your armory.

Willpower: 1770

Expertise: 1264

[Melee]

Damage (Pri): 1055 - 1257

Bonus dmg: 650.9

Accuracy: 96.34% / 158, ( Was 94.00%)

Crit Chance: 33.24% / 257, ( Was 34.42% )

Surge: 78.04% / 376, ( Was 79.00% )

Power: 1028, ( Was 950 )

This is fully buffed, with exotech stim.

I also just swapped out a EWH armoring for a 27 armoring, and couple resolve augments for power.

I'm mainly concerned where my Accuracy and Crit should be.

Surge is about 3% overboard. I'd knock it down as much as I can to 75%, because past there - it's wasted stats compared to other stats you can be gaining. I'd put it into power. Other than that, it looks good.

Edited by Xinika

As an Imp on JC, I have to say, I hate you. :p

But seriously, I now seek you out in WZs to the detriment of an objective because I normally run into your guild in PuGs and its hopeless anyway. I've gotten the best of you a couple of times but damn, your team is good. Your guild has made me a better player although that skill gain has come at the expense of some beat downs in game. I'm not really known yet, but judging how your Pub brothers take me out, I'd guess I'm getting a bit of a reputation. I play deception most often, so if I'm ignored it can often be curtains pretty quick. Enough of that though. Quick question. I'm gearing(min/maxing) for 96% acc, 30% crit, 75% surge. All the rest pumped into power keeping exp around 1250-1275. Does that seem right or do I need to do some remodding?

But seriously, I now seek you out in WZs to the detriment of an objective because I normally run into your guild in PuGs and its hopeless anyway. I've gotten the best of you a couple of times but damn, your team is good. Your guild has made me a better player although that skill gain has come at the expense of some beat downs in game. I'm not really known yet, but judging how your Pub brothers take me out, I'd guess I'm getting a bit of a reputation. I play deception most often, so if I'm ignored it can often be curtains pretty quick. Enough of that though. Quick question. I'm gearing(min/maxing) for 96% acc, 30% crit, 75% surge. All the rest pumped into power keeping exp around 1250-1275. Does that seem right or do I need to do some remodding?

Your acc, crit, and surge %'s are perfect. Maintaining those levels and sitting at 1200 exp, I can getup to 680ish melee bonus damage. Dropping some power for a little more exp is up to you, as it's more of a playstyle thing. Idk if you saw the link Shin posted about reasons to possibly stack exp more than traditionally thought best, so check that out, its got some good points. For me at least, I do not take my Shadow or Assassin into Ranked games, just because it's a joke, so I sit at lower exp due to often facing undergeared people in regular wzs.

I'd never drop below 96.90% accuracy to be blunt. Hit cap is super important.

75% Surge is obviously fine.

30% Crit? Well, what spec are you? If deception - not a bad idea, though I personally like it around 25%.

EXP is fine, assuming you're rocking good PvE gear.

Edited by Xinika

I'd never drop below 96.90% accuracy to be blunt. Hit cap is super important.

75% Surge is obviously fine.

30% Crit? Well, what spec are you? If deception - not a bad idea, though I personally like it around 25%.

EXP is fine, assuming you're rocking good PvE gear.

Yes, I'm deception(for now, as I'm pretty sure I'll be forced into a darkness hybrid when we start running Rateds more often) and I don't really rock PvE gear at all. A dreadguard relic with the internal dmg proc. Other than that, I find the squishiness to damage output ratio begins to sway into the no go zone. At what point as a deception assassin would it be beneficial to supplement some power rather than WP augs, if at all?

I'm farming EWH bracers for the armoring and +40 power mod.

I have Battlemaster pieces in my bank, so I can use to keep the set bonus, because armoring from bracers/belts do not give you the set bonus.

Once I'm full EWH armorings and mods, I'll farm the +42power surge enhancement.

Here's my current gear (updated for 1208 expertise, up from 1138)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/fda9392e-b0a2-4148-9255-005ec3031d4c

I'm starting to stack a tad more crit, since I usually play madness/deception rather than darkness, but I can switch two mods for this setup:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/f95ccef9-01b9-41d9-b8d6-10d95311547f

But since there is going to be a level cap increase, wouldn't that make all this stuff not really worth it because of the new L55 gears? Realistically speaking, its not that far around the corner, so unless Bioware/EA does something EXTREMELY stupid like making the L50 Elite War Hero gear a prerequisite for the L55 PVP gear, I don't really see a point in upgrading if you're going to be doing mostly pug matches.

Rated is a different story, unfortunately my guild is pretty much dead when it comes to that nowadays.