Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Companion?

IceStormer
12.14.2012 , 05:32 PM | #1
Ok, So Im a level 42 Sith Assassin and I can't decide which companion I should use; Talos Drellik or Ashara Zavros?

verfallen
12.14.2012 , 05:58 PM | #2
Would help to know the spec you are playing.

If tank, ashara, only roll talos for harder content (ex H2)

If deception, khem to ensure you are free to maul as soon as exploitive strike pops.

If madness, arguably khem as well, but higher survivability due to dot self-heals probably allows you the freedom to roll a non-tank, since not being in a backstab position won't hurt your dps as much. Talos will keep you standing in normal pve fight, and if using ashara or andronikos, make sure they are actually taking a mob off your back.

IceStormer
12.14.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3
Im a Tank, So Probably Ashara will work for me. Thanks!

Seraphym
01.25.2013 , 08:27 AM | #4
I'm a dec spec assassin, I was in that use khem mode for a long time thinking i need him to hold agro so I could get off my maul etc. Recently i've gotten more comfortable with my cc usage and started using talos 90% of the time. I'm 48 now but have zero down time while doing missions or random exp farming. Just make use of your cc's, low slash etc. You really only need to be behind when your maul procs other then that just stick to your rotation and burn mobs down, cc and maul on proc.

my two credits

BlameSociety
01.25.2013 , 06:15 PM | #5
I personally use the healing companion (in this case Talos) with all my non-healer characters.
Even as a tank I find using a healer more effective than using a dps companion, because not having to recover after combat makes up for the slightly longer duration of fights.
ToFN - QQ
Lenius - Assassin | Lenani - Mercenary | Lennick - Operative | Lenorris - Juggernaut
Lenion - Vanguard | Lendos - Gunslinger | Lensei - Knight | Leninda - Consular

Evolixe
01.25.2013 , 06:33 PM | #6
Played deception all the way, with ashara. Simply because of the added damage.

Maul? Overload for it. Or otherwise stun.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

tXHereticXt
01.26.2013 , 02:35 AM | #7
As Darkness, always rolled with Ashara. Xalek in DMG spec was at least more satisfying than Khem but in the end they both just can't push as much damage as Ashara could. I felt more safe knowing she would butcher whatever target I sent her on before coming back to help me.