Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Rayla_Felana
12.14.2012 , 05:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK, so were not talking the Battle of Ruusan. But were talking 2-3 sith per platoon. And a Sith Lord at the head. Definitely gives them an advantage on one front.
An advantage for awhile, but how many men are those Sith going to be able to kill, if any, before they get overwhelmed and killed? I am sure some Sith will be able to win battles for his sides, but this isn't going to work in the long-run, the Empire has gargantuan manpower, with an enormous army, In my opinion the utter size of the Imperial Army and Stormtrooper corps, makes up for a Sith advantage, which in the long-run will fade away.

khayyinx
12.14.2012 , 06:29 PM | #32
I think it's pretty obvious that the Sith Empire would win just because of the siths. Just one sith lord could easily kill an army of useless stormtroopers (admit it, they are useless) and destroy any heavy machinery in their way.
The only advantage the galactic empire have is number. It is bigger, but quantity isn't quality. I'll certainly give it to the Sith Empire.

And one-on-one i think sidious would probably win, just because he's a better lightsaber duelist. In force powers i thinks they're equals.

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 06:31 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by khayyinx View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that the Sith Empire would win just because of the siths. Just one sith lord could easily kill an army of useless stormtroopers (admit it, they are useless) and destroy any heavy machinery in their way.
The only advantage the galactic empire have is number. It is bigger, but quantity isn't quality. I'll certainly give it to the Sith Empire.

And one-on-one i think sidious would probably win, just because he's a better lightsaber duelist. In force powers i thinks they're equals.
Really? An entire army plus any heavy equipment they have? Right....if that were true, then all the wars should have been won by the sith if all of them were that powerful.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MasterMe
12.14.2012 , 08:48 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But how would they fair against an army of Sith? Unorthodox tactics seem to catch them off guard...

And thoughts on Stormtrooper vs Imperial Trooper?

Note the ground rules however:
Let's face it: Stormtroopers suck. Period.

I give that advantage to the Imperial Trooper as well.

GarfieldJL
12.14.2012 , 08:54 PM | #35
Wouldn't both of them have their Emperor's Hands?

Thus wouldn't the Darth Sidious have Mara Jade at his disposal, I really don't see grunt Sith being able to take her on.

Also, there were improvements to the Imperial Star Destroyer, such as the Imperial II Star Destroyer, which was significantly more powerful, not to mention the Super Star Destroyers.

As far as starfighters, both sides had cruddy starfighters.

A key point being overlooked is the Lancer Class Frigate and the Carrack Cruiser, particularly the Lancer Class Frigate, which was extremely devestating against Starfighters, so that cancels out the numerical starfighter advantage for the Sith Empire.

Really I'd say Darth Sidious would win this, it would be close, but Sidious was probably more devious than the Sith Emperor.

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 09:52 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Let's face it: Stormtroopers suck. Period.

I give that advantage to the Imperial Trooper as well.
Stormtroopers don't actually suck, they actually wreck anything that doesn't involve the main heroes.

khayyinx
12.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Really? An entire army plus any heavy equipment they have? Right....if that were true, then all the wars should have been won by the sith if all of them were that powerful.
Really. I'm not considering the siths alone, of course they have the Sith Empire army with them. They don't won every war because of the jedi helping the republic. Without the jedi, the sith would get the republic with ease.

Vitiate wins.

Aurbere
12.14.2012 , 10:25 PM | #38
Vitiate wins.
How's that now?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 10:29 PM | #39
Really. I'm not considering the siths alone, of course they have the Sith Empire army with them. They don't won every war because of the jedi helping the republic. Without the jedi, the sith would get the republic with ease.

Vitiate wins.
Yes but before you said 1 Sith Lord could take out an army and any equipment they have, which is flat out wrong. Now your bringing in the SE's army, which...while good they don't stack up to Stormtroopers and their tech. Your also forgetting the special forces Palpatine's Empire has, Shadow troopers, Dark Troopers(and the many variants of the Dark Trooper) Terror Troopers, etc nothing from what is shown does Vitiate's army has that extensive array of special force units especially with the tech that they bring.

ReiKai
12.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #40
The Galactic Empire lost to a rag-tag bunch of Rebels and, at most, a few Jedi who helped along the way. The Incompetence of the Galactic Empire allowed for the Rebels to build supplies, acquire allies, and form a respectable military that was only further aided by the G-Empire's xenophobia. Here, they are not fighting a cobbled-together group. They are fighting an Empire all its own, with a solid military force and plenty of resources at its disposal, as well as an army of Sith.

The G-Empire can only do so much with Stormtroopers and Walkers. Without Vader to counter the Force Users, they'll get decimated. And without Super Weapons, well...that might actually make the battle last longer, since the Sith Empire has about five times as many Super Weapons as the G-Empire ever did.

Now, Op states that Dark Council cannot fight in this, just give orders. That means Darth Nox is out. However, the Emperor's Wrath is still in play. There are also plenty of Sith Lords and Darths that can be sent to the field, as well as Cipher Agents from Imperial Intelligence.

I guess one question could be is whether this is Before or After the Dread Masters defected. Cause, if the Sith Empire had them to play, the G-Empire would be slaughtered.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?