Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 07:42 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Don't even get me started on IG-88.

Answer: No. IG-88A went rouge seconds after he was activated, taking his four "brothers" with him. The bounty hunter employed by the Empire is IG-88B, but the other three IG-88s were all plotting a droid revolution, which would have (theoretically) destroyed the Empire.

If IG-88 is involved, he'll be secretly plotting against the Empire from the very start. Seeing as the Sith Empire has more droids, he would probably side with them anyways.
Well, he'd actually plot against both sides as both are incompatibleto his overall goal. Regardless, he's not part of either powerbase so can't be used.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.21.2012 , 01:27 AM | #382
My final thoughts... It's not just a question of numbers. Yes, the GE have a larger Empire, more troops, more and better ships. But it's also the infrastructure. The GE's infrastructure is an order of magnitude greater than what they SE has. The SE has had control over most of these system for only a couple of decades at most. Much of the infrastructure was damaged during the war with the Republic. The GE has a much more stable situation. Industrial might, much larger armies, many more ships and the capability to crank them out faster than the SE. This is about power bases after all. The GE is an unquestionably stronger power base. The only way you can declare Vitiate winner of a Kaggath against Sidious is if you allow for some sort of gimmick. Vitiate's brainwashing wasn't strong enough that he could use it to defeat the Republic. Why should we believe he can use it to defeat the GE? And that is really the only way you can declare him winner. You can just as easily imagine a scenario where Sidious corrupts one of Vitiate's strongest Sith and takes him/her as his apprentice to spring a trap on him.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 07:03 AM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
lol what do you mean?
So, when did your illogical fandom for Revan begin? (I kid, I kid )

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 07:53 AM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
My final thoughts... It's not just a question of numbers. Yes, the GE have a larger Empire, more troops, more and better ships. But it's also the infrastructure. The GE's infrastructure is an order of magnitude greater than what they SE has. The SE has had control over most of these system for only a couple of decades at most. Much of the infrastructure was damaged during the war with the Republic. The GE has a much more stable situation. Industrial might, much larger armies, many more ships and the capability to crank them out faster than the SE. This is about power bases after all. The GE is an unquestionably stronger power base. The only way you can declare Vitiate winner of a Kaggath against Sidious is if you allow for some sort of gimmick. Vitiate's brainwashing wasn't strong enough that he could use it to defeat the Republic. Why should we believe he can use it to defeat the GE? And that is really the only way you can declare him winner. You can just as easily imagine a scenario where Sidious corrupts one of Vitiate's strongest Sith and takes him/her as his apprentice to spring a trap on him.
Good point. However it can be countered.

To say that the SE "infrastructure" isn't as good as the GE's because they just went through a war seems a little odd. I agree that the GE's infrastructure will be a bit better, but not by a lot. The GE did just experience the Clone Wars, which was the biggest war in Galactic History I believe. So to say that the SE's infrastructure would be weak due to war is a little contradictory.

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
12.21.2012 , 12:30 PM | #385
Well I disagree with the method of descision (quantity of points favoured over quality) but it appears congratulations are in order for the SE.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:34 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
Well I disagree with the method of descision (quantity of points favoured over quality) but it appears congratulations are in order for the SE.
Its quality of points over quantity. Better arguments get more points, and rubbish/repeated/refuted arguments get none. However quantity of course comes into it. I mean if some says, oh the SE will win cause they got Sith are their tough. Thats not going to win the whole debate is it? Even if it is a good point.

Basically its the most comprehensive way of deciding the victor.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.21.2012 , 12:37 PM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Its quality of points over quantity. Better arguments get more points, and rubbish/repeated/refuted arguments get none. However quantity of course comes into it. I mean if some says, oh the SE will win cause they got Sith are their tough. Thats not going to win the whole debate is it? Even if it is a good point.

Basically its the most comprehensive way of deciding the victor.
Question on that: How did the SE win then? Because the "they have Sith" argument was the only good argument in favor of the SE.

Not like it matters. Just wondering.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:40 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Question on that: How did the SE win then? Because the "they have Sith" argument was the only good argument in favor of the SE.

Not like it matters. Just wondering.
Because it was expanded upon and built upon. Just like the argument that the GE has lots of ships was. This is why the tally system is effective because it doesn't lump arguments like that together but considers and counts every aspect of them.

P.S. Nice to see your being good about the outcome by the way, some people seem rather peeved...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.21.2012 , 12:45 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Because it was expanded upon and built upon. Just like the argument that the GE has lots of ships was. This is why the tally system is effective because it doesn't lump arguments like that together but considers and counts every aspect of them.

P.S. Nice to see your being good about the outcome by the way, some people seem rather peeved...
Ah, I see.

I imagine the tallies were difficult to count. IIRC, the battle was pretty close so it wasn't a blow-out or anything.

PS. I have an idea for a future tournament. Maybe you can do a battle similar to this before each new tournament and then (after a few tournaments) do a massive tournament with these big factions!
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
12.21.2012 , 12:53 PM | #390
Well fair enough. I'd personally prefer a catagory system (space/land/ability to kill opponent) with weightings assigned to each according to the fight (easier to understand too) but every system will have flaws in what is really just a battle of opinions
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council