Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 03:54 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's pretty fair. Alot of fact-checking will be involved, am I right?

I demand the winner to be announced ASAP!
Of course, I can assure you that all Sidious' powers and various post-ROTJ shenanigans were checked extensively

gibmachine
12.20.2012 , 03:56 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Anyone wanna give a final post in favour of the SE?
Again, noone here seems to remember that SE had a ship full of HK-51s that could make a serious difference when dispatched to assassinate military commanders. Our HK says that if they were all activated, the war would be over in a matter of few years.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 03:58 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
Again, noone here seems to remember that SE had a ship full of HK-51s that could make a serious difference when dispatched to assassinate military commanders. Our HK says that if they were all activated, the war would be over in a matter of few years.
He does... gotta do that mission (I expect he was exaggerating beeing HK-series and all) Fear not however, I notice all!

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:00 PM | #344
Of course, I can assure you that all Sidious' powers and various post-ROTJ shenanigans were checked extensively
Of course. Sidious is the real driving force for the Galactic Empire. While Tarkin would do just fine, the Imperial forces would lose heart without him. Just like the SE forces would dissolve into backstabbing without their Emperor.

Seems the bad guys are a whole lot better at killing each other than they are at killing the good guys. How many Sith Empires have arisen without backstabbing? I think only Exar Kun and the Banite Line. Could be wrong though.
Added Chapter 60 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
12.20.2012 , 04:02 PM | #345
Did those HK's actually participate in the war? This is the SE at the height of their power, and IIRC that ship crashed before the HK's actually participated.

@ Beni: Would the HK's factor in if they didn't participate in the GGW?
Added Chapter 60 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 04:03 PM | #346
Since we didn't hear about it till Section X, it probably didn't make much of an impact in the SE/Republic war (if they even had it then). Combined with the fact everyone knows what they look like now, and the HKs only slight ego problem, I think their overall impact will be less. They can do damage yes, but they'll have to infiltrate ships on war time alert that know what/who they are.

Did those HK's actually participate in the war? This is the SE at the height of their power, and IIRC that ship crashed before the HK's actually participated.
I'm not sure when they got the HKs, but they crashed after the Dread masters were imprisoned as the crash was part of their attempt to escape. They were severly damaged in the crash, and I doubt that the SE or GE will have time to hunt down the parts to repair them.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

MasterMe
12.20.2012 , 04:03 PM | #347
Seriously? That's yet another thing going for the SE (assuming this is legit).

Castiel
12.20.2012 , 04:04 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Sure why not:

1. They'v got Sith. Lots of 'em. They're excellent fighters AND leaders.

2. They've got 60%-50% of the galaxy. May not be as big as the GE's, but they've been making ships for a thousand years.

3. They've got VItiate who can brainwash people with ease.

4. They've got veteran soldiers due to the Great Galactic War which lasted 28 years I believe.

5. They've got plenty of war droids and super soldiers such as the Power Guard.

6. Vitaite is excellent at corrupting governments. He prooved this at the begining of the Great Galactic War. (watch the Onslaught of the Empire timeline for proof)

7. There intelligence is beast due to people like Cipher Nine.

8. Dread Masters.

9. Dark Council.

There you have it.
Certainly not pushovers, that's a VERY credible list.

Beniboybling
12.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
Since we didn't hear about it till Section X, it probably didn't make much of an impact in the SE/Republic war (if they even had it then). Combined with the fact everyone knows what they look like now, and the HKs only slight ego problem, I think their overall impact will be less. They can do damage yes, but they'll have to infiltrate ships on war time alert that know what/who they are.
Irrelevant seeing as the GE have no knowledge of them as far as I know.

@ Beni: Would the HK's factor in if they didn't participate in the GGW?
Doesn't matter when they got them. Its at the height of their power which basically means all the resources they ever possessed. Buuuut... seeing as the SE technically only acquired one (possibly four...) we can't add all the HKs to their power base. However there is nothing stopping the SE replicating the droid and creating more of their own - but like the Dark Trooper Project, this will take time.

Vacarius
12.20.2012 , 04:12 PM | #350
Irrelevant seeing as the GE have no knowledge of them as far as I know.
Entirely relevant, as HKs were the inspiration for future assassin droids and thus well known in those circles (Sidious, Moffs, miltary screenlists, etc). Also, HK-47 is in Star Wars Galaxies (1 ABY I think) so that reinforces the notion that those interested know about the HKs. The first one might get through since they're not expecting it though.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council