Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 03:55 PM | #21
Does the book specifically how much armament the Harrower ships carry?

Class 1 SDs carry= 6 Dual heavy turbolasers, 2 dual heavy ion cannons, 2 quad heavy turbolasers, 3 triple medium turbolasers, 2 medium turbolasers, 60 Taim & Bak XX-9 heavy turbolasers, 60 Borstel NK-7 ion cannons

So it has 135 total cannons on the ship and thats just a class 1 SD a class 2 SD has 154 cannons or more actually, the Borstel ion ones also could disable a ship for several minutes with volley fire.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Segastorm
12.14.2012 , 04:02 PM | #22
Kaggath Debaters, Sith lovers, we all know how awesome and epic vitiate's empire was, but honestly, the galactic empire could crush it easily for one sole reason. There was a lot of civil war going on in vitiate's empire. They're fighting slave revolts, citizens of newly conquered planets, and vitiate's sith even fight each other pretty often. For this reason, i believe Vitiate's empire would slowly corrode because there's just a bunch of civil war going on, but Palatine's empire, thanks to the rule of two, doesn't really have to watch for betrayal as nearly as much.

Now if we remove the fact they're at civil war, (thinking out loud starts here) I'd say they're pretty even. Now I know from others here that Thrawn was a great strategist in terms of space combat, but even he fell eventually (it just took him longer). I'm not denying he was a great strategist, but I honestly don't think having Thrawn means having an auto win for every space battle. Now, about the 1 on 1 vs sidious and vitiate, what i think would happen is that sidious winning, and maybe being a bit tired, but just ends up fighting and defeating a voice instead, so it wouldn't really be a win unless the rest of vitiate's empire was already dead. And to a bit of a tactical advantage, I have to give another point to Palpatine, just because he's.....in my opinion, not as caring of the older sith (naga sadow, marka ragnos), which would probably explain why he was willing to blow up Yavin 4, something vitiate probably would never do.

Last note, if Palpatine took Korriban, it would really hurt vitiate's empire in the long run. (End thinking out Loud)

I still root for vitiate.

Beniboybling
12.14.2012 , 04:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Kaggath Debaters, Sith lovers, we all know how awesome and epic vitiate's empire was, but honestly, the galactic empire could crush it easily for one sole reason. There was a lot of civil war going on in vitiate's empire. They're fighting slave revolts, citizens of newly conquered planets, and vitiate's sith even fight each other pretty often. For this reason, i believe Vitiate's empire would slowly corrode because there's just a bunch of civil war going on, but Palatine's empire, thanks to the rule of two, doesn't really have to watch for betrayal as nearly as much.

Now if we remove the fact they're at civil war, (thinking out loud starts here) I'd say they're pretty even. Now I know from others here that Thrawn was a great strategist in terms of space combat, but even he fell eventually (it just took him longer). I'm not denying he was a great strategist, but I honestly don't think having Thrawn means having an auto win for every space battle. Now, about the 1 on 1 vs sidious and vitiate, what i think would happen is that sidious winning, and maybe being a bit tired, but just ends up fighting and defeating a voice instead, so it wouldn't really be a win unless the rest of vitiate's empire was already dead. And to a bit of a tactical advantage, I have to give another point to Palpatine, just because he's.....in my opinion, not as caring of the older sith (naga sadow, marka ragnos), which would probably explain why he was willing to blow up Yavin 4, something vitiate probably would never do.

Last note, if Palpatine took Korriban, it would really hurt vitiate's empire in the long run. (End thinking out Loud)

I still root for vitiate.
Big error here, Vitiate is the most emotionless, uncaring Sith Lord who ever existed (OK so maybe we give Nihilus that one) He want to destroy the ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!! and then do it again! and again! He destroyed an entire planet and planned to do the same on a galatic scale. Vitiate would blow up Yavin 4 in his sleep. (if he could) He'd destroy the entire universe to win.

But anyway, seeing as both Empires are at the height of their powers, Vitiate does not suffer from in fighting - this is Vitiate at the helm everyone fears him Sith Empire. Oh and may I mention, Vititate as his own Imperial Guard, to counter Sidious.

IMO Vitiate's Sith slam into the Empire like a sledgehammer - I mean did you see how the 501st fared against the Ewoks? How the hell are they gonna beat the Sith? I say they lose most , if not all, ground battles. But thats my opinion - feel free to attack it.

MasterMe
12.14.2012 , 04:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
This fight is a little difference, for one they won't appear in the tournament because they are simply too powerful, and secondly its the grand finally - so I thought I'd up the anti here. And besides, in the scale of things - how promiment is a few Moffs in comparison to the galaxies greatest Sith Lords?

We also need to really consider the importance of having a sith army - Sidious has few if any weapons to defend against the full might of a Sith - apart from himself and sheer firepower.

EDIT: People have mentioned Dark Troopers, Shadow Guard, etc. but how do they match up in terms of numbers and power?
Wow.....

I give victory to SE because of this. Vitiate has the entire Dark Council and legions of Sith (and depending on the time he would have Malgus). *I* don't think there is a counter for this. I think Vitiate wins.

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 04:20 PM | #25
Big error here, Vitiate is the most emotionless, uncaring Sith Lord who ever existed (OK so maybe we give Nihilus that one) He want to destroy the ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!! and then do it again! and again! He destroyed an entire planet and planned to do the same on a galatic scale. Vitiate would blow up Yavin 4 in his sleep. (if he could) He'd destroy the entire universe to win.

But anyway, seeing as both Empires are at the height of their powers, Vitiate does not suffer from in fighting - this is Vitiate at the helm everyone fears him Sith Empire. Oh and may I mention, Vititate as his own Imperial Guard, to counter Sidious.

IMO Vitiate's Sith slam into the Empire like a sledgehammer - I mean did you see how the 501st fared against the Ewoks? How the hell are they gonna beat the Sith? I say they lose most , if not all, ground battles. But thats my opinion - feel free to attack it.
To be fair, by the Battle of Endor the 501st were a bunch of very old men well passed their prime state. Being clones, and aging twice as fast as a normal human and since they started out during the first battle of the Clone Wars they would be old.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
12.14.2012 , 04:31 PM | #26
Sith are not insta-win buttons, taking down AT-ATs is not something your average Sith can do, SKywalker and Starkiller could, but Skywalker and Starkiller are not average Sith, they were powerhouses, who both managed to rival the greatest Jedi killer of all time, Vader.

Imperial Ground Assaults are extremely effective and were not rivalled, any loss was due to completely unforeseen events taking place, where Vader's Fist is concerned, they had a 98% success rate in killing the best Jedi Order ever, some average Sith lackeys won't cut it.

Beniboybling
12.14.2012 , 04:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

Imperial Ground Assaults are extremely effective and were not rivalled, any loss was due to completely unforeseen events taking place, where Vader's Fist is concerned, they had a 98% success rate in killing the best Jedi Order ever, some average Sith lackeys won't cut it.
But how would they fair against an army of Sith? Unorthodox tactics seem to catch them off guard...

And thoughts on Stormtrooper vs Imperial Trooper?

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Wow.....

I give victory to SE because of this. Vitiate has the entire Dark Council and legions of Sith (and depending on the time he would have Malgus). *I* don't think there is a counter for this. I think Vitiate wins.
Note the ground rules however:

Quote:
No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Vader, Thrawn, Darth Malgus. (Concerning the Dark Council, they are not excluded from Vitiate’s power base, but cannot engage in combat themselves only command others.)

Rayla_Felana
12.14.2012 , 04:58 PM | #28
But how would they fair against an army of Sith? Unorthodox tactics seem to catch them off guard...

And thoughts on Stormtrooper vs Imperial Trooper?
They didn't use armies of Sith, they may have a random number of Sith in a division, like Malgus' strike force, but they wouldn't use armies of them, simply because they didn't have armies of them, there were not hundreds of thousands of them.

Beniboybling
12.14.2012 , 05:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
They didn't use armies of Sith, they may have a random number of Sith in a division, like Malgus' strike force, but they wouldn't use armies of them, simply because they didn't have armies of them, there were not hundreds of thousands of them.
OK, so were not talking the Battle of Ruusan. But were talking 2-3 sith per platoon. And a Sith Lord at the head. Definitely gives them an advantage on one front.

Aurbere
12.14.2012 , 05:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Wow.....

Except Sidious could sleepwalk into the Citadel and kill pretty much everything in there.

Sidious>Sith Army
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus