Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Warren-Stride
12.19.2012 , 07:46 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya I know what map your saying, its in the end right? Ya but remember that was during the early years, the Republic gained that back.

That video also shows the incompetence of the SE leaders, not to say that the GE leaders aren't incompetent at times but...the SE literally just threw waves and waves of men at the enemy which consisted of a jedi master, 7 dozen jedi knights and 4,000 Republic troops vs 50,000 SE troops...and won thus the SE had to call reinforcements to help.

So 1 Master + 49 knights + 4,000 Troops= 4,050 total

against

50,000 SE Troops, the Spartans would be proud of the Republic Forces.
This is only aiding the argument that Force Users lolz pwn regular troops.

50 peace-loving, light-side using Jedi did that amount of damage with only help from 4,000 troops?

I'm assuming that 50 rage-fueled, battle-hardened, savage Sith could do much more.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

GrimAce
12.19.2012 , 07:48 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Not really. If the Republic forces had a massive tactical advantage the way they did, then it stands to reason that the Sith would take massive losses.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

Canino
12.19.2012 , 07:49 PM | #283
No, it's saying that SE troops suck. If they can't beat a few jedi and some troops, good luck with Dark Troopers, if what Aurbere said is true!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2012 , 07:51 PM | #284
Whoops my math was wrong, ok 84 Jedi knights(was always bad at Math lol)

So actually 4,085 Republic Forces.

But not really, an overwhelming force should take down any Force User no matter how powerful they are(save for Luke). More to that, it was only 84 Jedi Knights and 1 Master...you know how many Jedi were at the Arena battle in EP 2? 212 and they all would have died had it not been for Yoda.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MasterMe
12.19.2012 , 08:00 PM | #285
Whoops my math was wrong, ok 84 Jedi knights(was always bad at Math lol)

So actually 4,085 Republic Forces.

But not really, an overwhelming force should take down any Force User no matter how powerful they are(save for Luke). More to that, it was only 84 Jedi Knights and 1 Master...you know how many Jedi were at the Arena battle in EP 2? 212 and they all would have died had it not been for Yoda.
Good point. HOWEVER: You are assuming that a Jedi to Droid numbers ratio (on Geonosis) is the same as a SE to GE ratio. The GE does not outnumber the SE by nearly as much as the droids outnumbered the Jedi on Geonosis.

GrimAce
12.19.2012 , 08:03 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Good point. HOWEVER: You are assuming that a Jedi to Droid numbers ratio (on Geonosis) is the same as a SE to GE ratio. The GE does not outnumber the SE by nearly as much as the droids outnumbered the Jedi on Geonosis.
In all fairness, the GE doesn't need to have such a drastic numerical advantage. Keep in mind the battle droids of the Clone Wars era were woeful in regards to tactics - see the battle of Naboo, where they attacked in parade formation. Stormtroopers are much more capable individually then battle droids, who rely solely on overwhelming numbers.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2012 , 08:07 PM | #287
Was speaking from a strict battle really, the Jedi were outnumbered 50 to 1 on Geonosis. I was mainly just pointing out, that the SE can be quite full of themselves and arrogant...not saying the GE commanders can't be the same way though but just throwing it out there the SE went into the battle with 0% strategy at that time.

MasterMe
12.19.2012 , 08:10 PM | #288
Was speaking from a strict battle really, the Jedi were outnumbered 50 to 1 on Geonosis. I was mainly just pointing out, that the SE can be quite full of themselves and arrogant...not saying the GE commanders can't be the same way though but just throwing it out there the SE went into the battle with 0% strategy.
Granted.

They went into the Battle of Bothuwai with 0% battle strategy. That doesn't represent everything the SE has done.

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2012 , 08:14 PM | #289
Granted.

They went into the Battle of Bothuwai with 0% battle strategy. That doesn't represent everything the SE has done.
Oh I know, I know, again it was really just to point out that commanders are not without faults is all.

GrimAce
12.19.2012 , 08:14 PM | #290
Granted.

Keep in mind this particular argument stems back to the effectiveness of Force Sensitives vs regular soldiers. I don't think anyone's making that claim, we're just rebutting that having Force Sensitives in your army = auto-win.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW