Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

GarfieldJL
12.17.2012 , 01:36 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think we can all agree that Vitiate can't kill Sidious. So the real question is, how does Sidious kill Vitiate?

Not too difficult for the great Emperor. The hardest part is luring Vitiate out of hiding. So how does he do that?
Considering that Emperor Palpatine's own personal shuttle supposedly had a cloaking device, the Galactic Empire would actually have some knowledge about cloaking technology.

So once the figured out Vitiate had a cloaked space station, it wouldn't be that hard for the Empire to haul in tech to counter the cloaking device and then blast the station into oblivion.

SoonerJBD
12.17.2012 , 01:48 PM | #202
It's not that Sidious is invincible. It's that it took the Chosen One and his son, who reached his full potential, to defeat him. Sidious was the dark side. There is no way some ancient Sith who couldn't even take over the galaxy in his own time is going to defeat the most powerful Sith in history. Sidious almost single-handedly destroyed the Jedi Order at its most powerful and took over the entire galaxy. And this is thousands of years after the TOR era, when the galaxy was more developed, more advanced and had exponentially more resources.

Beniboybling
12.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Considering that Emperor Palpatine's own personal shuttle supposedly had a cloaking device, the Galactic Empire would actually have some knowledge about cloaking technology.

So once the figured out Vitiate had a cloaked space station, it wouldn't be that hard for the Empire to haul in tech to counter the cloaking device and then blast the station into oblivion.
Can't say I disagree with you. If SIS managed to find it, Imperial Intelligence can. However Vitiate would probably see it coming just as the Emperor did, he seemed pretty unfazed when the JK stormed his throne room - I expect he saw it coming.

GarfieldJL
12.17.2012 , 02:42 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Can't say I disagree with you. If SIS managed to find it, Imperial Intelligence can. However Vitiate would probably see it coming just as the Emperor did, he seemed pretty unfazed when the JK stormed his throne room - I expect he saw it coming.
Except Palpatine wouldn't bother marching into Vitiate's thrown room, he'd simply have his fleet blast the space station apart, and then blast the wreckage, and then have TIE fighters blast apart the wreckage, then have TIE Bombers bombard it for good measure.

Beniboybling
12.17.2012 , 02:54 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Except Palpatine wouldn't bother marching into Vitiate's thrown room, he'd simply have his fleet blast the space station apart, and then blast the wreckage, and then have TIE fighters blast apart the wreckage, then have TIE Bombers bombard it for good measure.
Lol of course But what I mean is if Vitiate sees it coming he can escape and instead have a fleet waiting to greet them - and preferably the Ascendant Spear...

GarfieldJL
12.17.2012 , 02:59 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol of course But what I mean is if Vitiate sees it coming he can escape and instead have a fleet waiting to greet them - and preferably the Ascendant Spear...
Interdictor Cruiser...

In any case if Vitiate evacuates his station, it's only a matter of time before he gets killed.

SoonerJBD
12.17.2012 , 04:39 PM | #207
Am I missing something regarding the Ascendant Spear? It's a fine ship, but from what I've read it is clearly inferior to the best ships of the GE era.

Segastorm
12.17.2012 , 04:44 PM | #208
This just became the longest kaggath debate ever....

Aurbere
12.17.2012 , 04:57 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
This just became the longest kaggath debate ever....
Actually the Revan vs. Traya debate is the longest one. Mainly because the people backing Revan didn't think the engagement was fair.

But let's be honest. Anything involving Revan turns into a drawn out debate.

Edit: What have I done?! No one read this!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Segastorm
12.17.2012 , 10:14 PM | #210
Changing the topic of the above....

Judging from what I read in the last page and this one, my vote still goes to Palpatine's Empire. If they ended up locked in a stalemate, I honestly think Palpatine would better have the tools to deal with a sudden assault on coruscant than vitiate would to deal with an ambush on dromund kaas. (The sole fact that Vitiate has hundreds of sith doesn't make his army better)