Artifice No willpower shield gen?

TarrorSquad

This has been driving me crazy too... I keep looking, but now at 80 Artifice my Consular/Shadow still can't make an appropriate shield generator with +Willpower. Torhead and the Darthhater database both suggest that there's one finally available with 160 Artifice (http://db.darthhater.com/items/8498/items/). But why isn't there an appropriate, craftable shield generator available at earlier levels?

This is a known issue. As it was explained to me, earlier in the beta assassins/shadows used Strength instead of Willpower, so they used the same shield generators as SW. Bioware hasn't gotten around to changing some of the artifice crafting recipes to address the change to Willpower usage by the advanced class.

I assume this will be addressed in a future patch.

It does.

A guildmate crafted me one. I dont use willpower as a trooper, but the endurance was way more than I already had.

Come to Jung Ma, and ask for Jaeson.... I will be glad to link it to you.

Artificers can craft shields with aim, so wonder why you'd pick one without?

• 2 months later...
Bump this post. what is up bioware?! why can i make a shield offhand for BH tank as well as SW tank but not my Sith Assasin... seems very unbalanced i know these offhand shields exist i have looted them before. Please PLEASE make an offhand shield with willpower/end instead of just strength/end.

Have you tried slotting a focus with willpower? The slot on your character window no longer indicates that it "requires shield/focus/generator" it just reads "general". I swapped a few different types in on my character and they all seemed to work.

Have you tried slotting a focus with willpower? The slot on your character window no longer indicates that it "requires shield/focus/generator" it just reads "general". I swapped a few different types in on my character and they all seemed to work.

Because a focus is kind of useless for a kinetic shadow/tank assassin

Assassins and sorcerers can both equip Foci, but these are only stat-sticks and help only with damage output and healing (for sorcs). They provide NO shield or absorbtion benefit, which is what assassin and shadow tanks require to be effective at damage mitigation.

I can make a "Tempest Focus of Cerebral Supremacy"

37 End

25 will

24 shield

51 crit

277 force power

Now it is only a level 31 item, but I could probably reverse engineer some other higher level schematic for +shield. Would those sell on the GTN?

+shield rating is NOT what we're talking about; shield generators carry intrisic 20% absorb and 5% shield (which becomes 20% while in a tanking stance) chances that trigger on an internal cooldown IN ADDITION to the stats that foci carry. Typically shield generators actually carry slightly less stats to make up for the shield and absorbtion chance. Shield and absorb ratings alone do NOTHING without a shield equiped, hence the significance of there being no CRAFTABLE shield generators.

While it IS silly its only a minor inconvienance in the end as you get lots of quest options for shield and even those green quest rewards will serve you well. At 50 its all tier gear anyway and all those do have WP shield choices.

There ARE crafted recipes ... but they seem to only be dropped recipes. One is from hoth. lvl 37 WP shield rec. fairly common drop.