Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Kephess, a Guide

rphebus
12.17.2012 , 01:19 AM | #31
Yeah they do build it differently, to what extent i do not know. Ive been looking over several logs for all of our attempts but havent found a pattern to it yet.

The only thing that i can come up with is warriors follow the standard threat model, and trenchcutters are focused on the tank until damage is done, then they too follow the normal threat table. It's almost like they are not in combat until someone tags them. Noticed this at times when a dps does a ranged auto attack or dot before they get to us, then zone in on him but after a few steps healers will get aggro if they arent properly picked up.

While we're on the subject though, i have another issue thats been bothering me. I, as a tank, never get trenchcutters. When they spawn they always run to the other tank. Done it with 4-5 other tanks, both hm and nim, and they always run to them, not me. It doesnt make much of a difference anyways since i aoe and get them all, but ive never understood why. Its annoying.
<Suckafish> Guild Site
Suckafish Youtube Channel
Phebus Sorc Healer Maeday PT Tank
Khabal Jugg Tank Teknowhor Merc DPS

Denchet
12.17.2012 , 04:36 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by rphebus View Post
While we're on the subject though, i have another issue thats been bothering me. I, as a tank, never get trenchcutters. When they spawn they always run to the other tank. Done it with 4-5 other tanks, both hm and nim, and they always run to them, not me. It doesnt make much of a difference anyways since i aoe and get them all, but ive never understood why. Its annoying.
We have a couple of theories on this. Before I started guarding our Vanguard tank, I almost always got threat, but he occasionally got it instead. We think I was usually getting it because of Shadow self heals, but we also think there is some sort of weird proximity thing. If we were both far away, they always seemed to go to me. If he was right next to them when they spawned and I was far away, they would either all go to him, or split up. Sometimes two would go to him, sometimes half would go to him. It was very strange. Me guarding him fixed that though.

Denchet
12.27.2012 , 03:19 PM | #33
Updated the OP with a video one of our DPS was able to take last week. Should help to fully understand what we are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbO8OhTH7wc

Nucairion
12.27.2012 , 03:34 PM | #34
wot i dont get is why so many smugglers. surely its not the only group you can take to nim.
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Denchet
12.27.2012 , 03:56 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
wot i dont get is why so many smugglers. surely its not the only group you can take to nim.
lol

At the time we had 9 active raiders in our guild. We now have 8 (we lost the Sentinel). We just happen to have 3 Smugglers, 3 Consulars, and 2 Troopers. We didn't go out of our way to avoid Knights, it just kind of worked out that way.

You can beat it without so many Smugglers, other groups have done it.

Nucairion
12.28.2012 , 06:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Denchet View Post
lol

At the time we had 9 active raiders in our guild. We now have 8 (we lost the Sentinel). We just happen to have 3 Smugglers, 3 Consulars, and 2 Troopers. We didn't go out of our way to avoid Knights, it just kind of worked out that way.

You can beat it without so many Smugglers, other groups have done it.
ah i see so more a case of who you had rather than this is best group set up. as vanguard dps my main i hope to get into nim soon ;p
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

NwahsNirom
03.04.2013 , 06:52 PM | #37
Great video and thank you for the strat, my guild will be trying it tonight. Just thought I'd let you know that if an extra bomber shows up, you can have a sage or someone CC him an let his timer run out, so it won't bug you.

Here is a picture that I drew up that explains where all the purple fire falls:

http://i50.tinypic.com/l8m4i.jpg

Don't mind a lot of the notes around the edges, that was drawn up when we were first doing HM Kephess. The stuff in the top left corner is still valuable though, it gives the order of the fire drops.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild