Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Kephess, a Guide

RikuvonDrake
12.14.2012 , 04:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Glad to hear someone else has the titles too think there are only 4 guilds in the world with em now.
lolno, at least two (my guild and one on other fraction) has it on my server and that is a small euro pvp server...
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ansalem
12.14.2012 , 07:35 PM | #12
dps can still burn the walker using this method too. Helps if the melee on the warriors can charge. this way the trechers all go to the right place and the tanks are able to use their taunts to protect the aoers that are squishy. I guess to each their own.

Chaqen
12.14.2012 , 10:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post

There is a few safespots that range DPS and healers can stand so they dont get hit by it, try out difference positions to see if you can find it and then use it during the entire fight.
Sorta funny seeing someone admitting and suggesting to another person to use a exploit to trivialize a large mechanic in this fight.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

MonsAlpha
12.15.2012 , 01:24 AM | #14
Our group setup is 2 Shadow tanks, Scoundrel healer, Sage healer, Vanguard, Sentinel, Commando and Sage. We have the Vanguard and the Sentinel grab the warriors and pull them to the side while the tanks, healers and 2 Range DPS sit in the middle and kill the Trenchcutters.

The only issue we have with this is that it is extremely heal intensive for the healers. The Vanguard and Sentinel are always taking large amounts of damage. A good way to get around this is by having the 2 Range kill the warriors with the Melee while the tanks hit the Trenchcutters. Guarding the Range DPS is a must because they'll draw threat from the Trenchcutter which hit them for ~5k a tick.

It's an easy strat, but you have to have good healers for it.
Kalena
<LF Love in Alderaan Places>

Denchet
12.15.2012 , 04:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
Sorta funny seeing someone admitting and suggesting to another person to use a exploit to trivialize a large mechanic in this fight.
How is finding a spot where the boss doesn't shoot fire and then choosing to stand in that spot an exploit?

RikuvonDrake
12.15.2012 , 10:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by denchet View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by chaqen View Post
sorta funny seeing someone admitting and suggesting to another person to use a exploit to trivialize a large mechanic in this fight.
how is finding a spot where the boss doesn't shoot fire and then choosing to stand in that spot an exploit?
I really agree. that is also part of the fight, to find spots were the fire wont hit and then stand in that spot for the entire fight, just like kiting Kephess to a corner and LOS him when the big purple circle comes. I don't see how any of them are exploits and I guess Bioware agree with me on this since they havn't fixed it during the last six months... But if you do really think it's a exploit, don't use it and report it to Bioware.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ansalem
12.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #17
I really agree. that is also part of the fight, to find spots were the fire wont hit and then stand in that spot for the entire fight, just like kiting Kephess to a corner and LOS him when the big purple circle comes. I don't see how any of them are exploits and I guess Bioware agree with me on this since they havn't fixed it during the last six months... But if you do really think it's a exploit, don't use it and report it to Bioware.
Pretty sure that is how bioware planned it out. I mean behind the walker is the only safe zone from shields it seems like they planned that otherwise why even bother making open space. I've found it curious that a couple people consider it exploiting because the boss can't saturation fire back there. I call that strategy.

Chaqen
12.15.2012 , 02:21 PM | #18
The area you were referencing to earlier, isnt behind the walker, isnt in a corner of the room; but is in the middle of the area where the second saturation fire lands. It is an exploit in my eyes based off the fact there isnt a plausible reason why you would be safe in that spot. I have come across that spot on a few occasions in the past, when i was slacking and standing in fire, and felt that it was odd that i didnt get hit.

Line of sighting the Gift of the Masters, isnt much of an exploit, based on the fact that doing so usually gimps the raid dps in some sort and actually making the enrage a little bit tighter. You're trading a situation where more healing will be needed with a situation where more dps isnt needed.

EDIT: Found a video of what i consider to be an exploit in this fight. You can see a decent example of it at 2:27

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Nikup
12.15.2012 , 03:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
Someone is salty that he doesn't have the title yet...

Chaqen
12.15.2012 , 03:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikup View Post
Someone is salty that he doesn't have the title yet...
I dont care one bit about having the title or not, i do care about the usage of exploits in what is one of the hardest fights in the game. It is even worst when those said exploits are being passed off as a good strategy to trivialize a rather large mechanic of the fight.