Cartel Coins buying error(general error)

Al-Abbas

When ever i try to buy cartel coins now it shows me General Error !!!!

Although before i managed to buy so many cartel coins and the problem isn't with my credit card because i managed to buy the subscribe thingy but couldn't with cartel coins.......

and i waited more than 24 hours and i opened my second ticket about it the first the game master didn't help at all and he told me what i already know and what i already tried........

i waited like 4-5 days now and my bank provider told me that the problem isn't from them and that my card don't have limits......

also i am using the same card and info i was before when i managed to buy the cartel coins......

So is there anyone who have the same problem or it is just me ?And is that because of the new update or is it a bug or something?????

plz i need an official help :(

You might have better luck over in the customer service forum.

In answer to your question I have seen several threads on this issue in the last couple of weeks. I don't remember reading a good solution though. Dealing with customer service is probably your best bet to get this sorted out.

Dealing with customer service is probably your best bet to get this sorted out.

No it is not cause the morons sitting at their CS have no ****in idea what to do after you tried to call them which you need hours till they fick up the phone.

OP there is a thread in the CS forums with over 1200 posts about this. Me myself I have not been able to buy coins since november 17 and all we get are stupid copy and paste suggestions like to clear our cookies an such bullcrap.

Im sorry my friend to say you are screwed like many many other players.

You might have better luck over in the customer service forum.

In answer to your question I have seen several threads on this issue in the last couple of weeks. I don't remember reading a good solution though. Dealing with customer service is probably your best bet to get this sorted out.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg relations.

I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with your Cartel Coin balance.

Firstly, please accept our apologies that this issue has taken so long to resolve, our development team has been working hard to isolate and rectify each issue reported to them through us.

If you had been seeing a discrepancy between your Cartel Coin balance in-game and your balance according to the Cartel Coin Ledger on our website; this should now have been resolved and you should see the same (correct) balance in both locations.

If you’re a subscriber and have been paying for your subscription using Game Time Cards, you may not yet have received the Complimentary Cartel Coins due to you from the launch of Free-to-Play.

Please be assured that we are still working to ensure that each of you receives the Cartel Coins that are due to you, and we expect to have an update on this for you early next week.

We know this has taken a long time to resolve for you, and we thank you for the patience you have shown this far.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or encounter any other issues.

Galactic Support is our Specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

that was there answer and didnt help at all :((

i am so disapointed

Known problem, there is a 130++ page thread filled with people having this same problem and interlaced with random mods linking the useless FAQ.

Bottom line is we are screwed, they have not yet admitted they have a problem, so no fix is coming.

I've been trying for weeks, mean while I have and continue to spend $1000s with my cards; too bad I can't spend on this web site...

One consideration, I had exactly this error.

The resolution was to call in to support and wade through the billing menus, talk to somebody briefly to get an issue tracking number and then wait 3 (!) hours on hold before somebody got to me. Literally 60 seconds later the issue went away.

When asked about how I could avoid the problem in the future the rep explained that there's an antifraud timer on multiple transaction purchases done over the course of a single day. For rather understandable security purposes, the CS rep couldn't explain in detail how this timer works other than to suggest that if I wanted to burn through a large number of coins, that I should do so at the rate of around 2-3 purchases of coins per 24 hour period.

The issue comes in when the lockout timer is being triggered but is not clearing off after it expires. If you happen to bump into the lockout timer, and it doesn't clear off by the next day, DO call in and they'll hook you up.

CS refreshing the details on their end fixes it.

Yes, the solution involves sitting on hold for 3 hours for a 60 second fix that should be done to every account directly but at least there IS a fix. There's no need to wait weeks.

so, hundreds of players each need to spend 3+ hours on the phone to resolve this when one BW programmer could likely fix it in a day. Seems reasonable. Thank you Bioware.:rolleyes:

If in the US, call early in the morning. I spent 3 and a half hours on hold over two phone calls on a separate CC issue. On my last try I called early in the morning and had a nice English chap within ten minutes fix my CC balance.

so, hundreds of players each need to spend 3+ hours on the phone to resolve this when one BW programmer could likely fix it in a day. Seems reasonable. Thank you Bioware.:rolleyes:

One BW programmer would take 3 tries over 3 releases to fix it.

But ya, for a normal software engineer this is nothing.