Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stylish Dancer's Top

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ithaik
12.13.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1
got this item recently out of the new cartel pack and decided to wait for the bind was up on it so i could sell or trade it, I logged in today to find that the item is now BOUND to my Male character and cannot be traded or sold, is this a known issue with this item or will we have to worry about random items binding permanently to us before we can reap the benefits..? I just want to be able to sell this thing as I have no female characters to even use.

Beruthien
12.13.2012 , 08:31 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Ithaik,

We are aware that some items from Cartel Market Packs do not have their intended bind countdown timer, and they will currently bind to characters upon opening the Cartel Pack. This issue is currently under investigation.

Please keep an eye on future patch notes for further information.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Ithaik
12.13.2012 , 08:39 PM | #3
excellent, thank you. hopefully it gets resolved soon as female clothing is only good for me to send to my girlfriends characters so she doesn't yell at me

Shimunna
12.15.2012 , 10:09 PM | #4
i have the same problem. i also got stylish dancer's headset and leggings, but those already turned to "BOE." now just waiting for this one...

Bystrick
12.18.2012 , 08:31 PM | #5
Sadly, this is the only piece that ends up bound after the timer as far as I can tell - the rest of the pieces I can transfer. Hope this gets fixed, since it just sits in a bank on my toons...

CoffeeChicago
12.19.2012 , 11:02 PM | #6
I also have the same issue, I got 2 or the [Stylish Dancer's Top]s from the Cartel Market, and I would only want one, I hope this is a glitch that gets fixed soon, I can't even sell them to a vender.

Nyhm
12.28.2012 , 12:56 AM | #7
/hears jeopardy theme

Any update yet?

Thylbanus
12.28.2012 , 02:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyhm View Post
/hears jeopardy theme

Any update yet?
Really?

During a holiday. This is EA we're talking about. It's not like my job where customer service is a priority and we still have to go to work for 4 hrs instead of the normal 8. It's just we ALL have to work. No one can take a vacation during the holidays. We just break up the normal schedule, make sure we have 24 hr coverage, and work 4 hrs and get paid for 8. Even the big wigs work. I was shooting the breeze with the CEO on Wed. during some down time. (And yeah, he worked Christmas day too, I just didn't work that shift).
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Cerimon
12.28.2012 , 06:07 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

This issue has not yet been resolved and still resides on our known issues page. As Beruthien suggests, please monitor the patch notes for further updates on the status of this.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Nyhm
12.28.2012 , 05:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Really?

During a holiday. This is EA we're talking about. It's not like my job where customer service is a priority and we still have to go to work for 4 hrs instead of the normal 8. It's just we ALL have to work. No one can take a vacation during the holidays. We just break up the normal schedule, make sure we have 24 hr coverage, and work 4 hrs and get paid for 8. Even the big wigs work. I was shooting the breeze with the CEO on Wed. during some down time. (And yeah, he worked Christmas day too, I just didn't work that shift).
Show me sarcasm! Survey says?

/wrong

Working at the house of mouse, where a number of our applications/games are based on a freemium (monetization) business model, when an item purchased using currency based on real world currency is broken or flawed, not only is it bad business, but its a PR nightmare and should be moved to the TOP of a bug fix list. They had 1 week if (not longer) before the holidays, at the very least, those who filed tickets SHOULD have had the items "unbound" from their inventory.

I respect my fellow publishing comrades in the gaming business, and having to work during the holidays does suck (im in marketing so im on call 24/7), BUT this just wreacks of bad business. There is a huge potential for customers to not

A) Not buy additional packs until this is fixed, losing money. Do I need to remind you no income = no game.

B) Any NEW packs to be introduced will have a big CAUTION sign in the minds of those who bought the Blockade Runner packs because of this bug. And will wait some time to see if any bugs pop up.

and

C) Lose players altogether. People leave over a FP being bugged, the game going free, or "fix" to their class that renders them powerless in PVP (in their minds of course). Imagine something more tangible, like spending money and not being able to use said items? Bad enough, you continue to get items you've already unlocked GLOBALLY on all characters.

-N

PS: Thanks Cerimon for an update. Hopefully we will have an ETA soon after new years? As opposed to hoping the community will... forget? about this item and no fix ever gets implemented. Ive seen it happen before. Hope SWTOR is different.