Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????

Greggo
12.14.2012 , 01:05 AM | #11
I think once they let people queue for ranked with <8 ppl this will change. As Gamblor said, it is quite hard to organise 8 geared people that can commit to playing several warzones without any sort of break. Also, it isn't always about comms. A lot of players pvp for the fun of pvping, and most of us prefer to pvp with friends/guildies. As much as I love doing ranked wz's, I'd prefer to play 4-5 normals per hour than 1-2 ranked. I have to work during the day, and I have 3 kids to sort out at night, so my playing time is usually limited to 10pm -12pm, so the more wz's I can play the better. Not all of us have all day to play....
Evewyns - Ootini Knights
Martian - Ootini Rage
Harbinger
Ex-Dalborra

Tezcatlapocca
12.14.2012 , 01:17 AM | #12
I like going up against the "top" guilds in PuGs, really test there ability and team work. We get rewarded even when we lose so it makes no difference to me. I say bring on more of the top players into the PuGs so i can test "my" skill against the servers best.
Nystira

Druce_Jnr
12.14.2012 , 01:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tezcatlapocca View Post
I like going up against the "top" guilds in PuGs, really test there ability and team work. We get rewarded even when we lose so it makes no difference to me. I say bring on more of the top players into the PuGs so i can test "my" skill against the servers best.
Agreed - being put into a random group and facing a team of either NS PuGs or SnX PuGs is a real test of teamwork. There's no voicechat and you all have to rely on one another in order to win.

And I believe just this afternoon, Mjrat, we, a group of random solo queuer's, beat you guys in an Ancient Hypergate right at the last minute by like 20 odd points (if that). Those are the matches that people tend to enjoy.
Saint-xavier Sage Saintdruce Sentinel

Vindrik
12.14.2012 , 02:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tezcatlapocca View Post
If you're the same Nystira that used to play on Harbinger at launch, assuming you haven't gotten rusty over the months, you don't need to test your skills.

Tezcatlapocca
12.14.2012 , 03:32 AM | #15
I am indeed the same and ya after the xfers came in i now have a lower ping time and back to runnin amok in Hutt Ball and the like.... fun times.
Nystira

Penang
12.14.2012 , 05:22 AM | #16
The thing is though both the imps and the pubs have premades running and you have benefited from premades at the imp side as well (remember the rail shot fest nightmare two days ago?).
Rhalkirr - Dalborra - Vanguard
Ar'kael - Dalborra - Scoundrel Healer
A Little Bit Gimp

azzhealy
12.14.2012 , 09:48 AM | #17
The Mahkai Legacy Level 50
The Bastion The Harbinger

sir-rob
12.14.2012 , 03:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by azzhealy View Post
ok if this is how a guild master of a top guild answers a basic question no wonder pvp is going down hill why can't people just get along. i have no idea what your issue with me is, is it because i gave you crap for paying people to level your toons? if so iam sorry for that. all i was doing was asking a question now i know that the issuse with ranked is because of bioware and they way it is set up like other have said. iam just going to have fun leveling toons MYSELF as i have many . see you all in the wz

azzhealy
12.14.2012 , 07:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by sir-rob View Post
ok if this is how a guild master of a top guild answers a basic question no wonder pvp is going down hill why can't people just get along. i have no idea what your issue with me is, is it because i gave you crap for paying people to level your toons? if so iam sorry for that. all i was doing was asking a question now i know that the issuse with ranked is because of bioware and they way it is set up like other have said. iam just going to have fun leveling toons MYSELF as i have many . see you all in the wz
I was just showing you rob, the same consideration you showed us when you walked around in warzones or sat in the corner refusing to play or even contribute to your team because of your views on people pvping as a 4 man team. You have been nothing but a disadvantage to any team you were on and now suddenly you have found the forums and have a place to raise your views and now we are meant to care or listen? I think of you as nothing better than a **** in the bed.

I don't know what your talking about in "giving me crap" for having people level my toons. I really don't remember speaking to you other then your rants and raves about you deserve ranked warzones and we shouldn't go out on weekends. But if you did don't stress I didn't remember this conversation, but in my defense I haven't been unemployed for 2 years from breaking my back at the pillow factory, I have been employed by the Australian Army for the last 5 years and had only gotten back from an 8 month deployment to Afghanistan at the start of this year, so cut me some slack.
The Mahkai Legacy Level 50
The Bastion The Harbinger

Didy_Kush
12.14.2012 , 08:32 PM | #20
Because this server is death.