Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On the Molecular Stabilizer Market

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
On the Molecular Stabilizer Market

Satedbuffalo
12.14.2012 , 12:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Well even if it is, the fact is, only two professions benefit from the stabilizers previously being "hard to come by", when looking at if from a income potential point of view.
I don't think you need a particular profession to benefit from the relative availability of stabilizers. Get them and sell them. Everyone can use mods, armorings, enhancements, etc.

Besides, it takes about a day to level a Cybertech or Artifice alt. Legacy gear works wonders, I hear.

Quote:
How long do it take to farm stabs in an SM OP? This is why the hypocrisy is strong with this one...
...an incredibly long time?

RE'ing BH gear was previously the most efficient way to generate stabilizers. RE'ing WH gear is now significantly more efficient and is effectively unlimited (you can only obtain a certain amount of BH gear/comms per week, whereas you can buy an unlimited amount of WH gear). If it's true that WH gear with armorings left in can be RE'd by synthweavers/armormechs, hooray: my main's a synthweaver - that'lls save me a bundle in mod-extraction costs.

But more to the point, AFAIK, lockouts would prevent seriously farming SM ops - and splitting the proceeds among your fellow raiders would reduce your outcome even further.

If your complaint is that someone whose only crafting skill is armormech/armstech cannot RE as effectively as someone with every crafting skill at 400, well, you're right. But the bar the entry into the wonderful world of RE'ing is relatively low. I don't see that as a problem, I see it as incentive to roll alts.

My original post was designed to a) point out to crafters that the stabilizer market on their servers is about to crash, if it hasn't already and b) to question the thought process behind the changes leading to that crash. I seriously doubt that Bioware intended to correct what you perceive as overcharging by folks with unique schematics by flooding the market with stabilizers.

Quote:
The lowest price piece is 625 (assuming armormechs can RE belts/bracers and get stabs, which is questionable at this point), so let's say 6 WZ for a pair of WH gloves @875 comms .
1) We can RE WH belts/bracers.
2) If we're estimating 6 WZs per pair of gloves (it's probably closer to 7 or 8, if you hit a loss in there), that's between 3 and 6 stabilizers per hour. Denova SM (the easiest raid that still drops stabs) only provides one stabilizer per raider (assuming an 8-man team) not including the BH pieces that drop.
3) There are people who literally do nothing but sit on fleet and PvP for hours. Most of those people are already in full Elite WH or are nearly there. They have nothing to do but farm comms. Previously, their market was mostly in WZ adrenals and madpacks: now they can move into the stabilizer market.

The benefit of PvP-sourcing stabs is that it's a) a completely unlimited resource and b) entirely individual (you don't have to share your proceeds with anyone). An 8 man raid team that decides to PvP instead of hitting Denova will receive more stabilizers by an order of magnitude....each. That's awesome.
Just some jerk who isn't good enough for rated.

Theodulus
12.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #12
I don't really see stabs going for less than before the patch on my server. There is a bit higher supply now though but I mostly only see 2-4 pages of stabilizers(mostly stacks of 1). Cartel packs crashed the synthetic matrix market though.

I don't see why you complain about PvPers getting grade 8 materials by PvPing either. You could get grade 8 materials for more or less the same time a PvPer now can by doing space missions before the patch. You may reason a PvPer don't need grade 8 mats but I beg to differ. There are plenty of non PvE operation items (ship & droid schems) that now require grade 8 materials. If bioware removed the grade 8 material requirement for these schematics then I wouldn't complain if you couldn't reverse engineer PvP gear for mats.

Theodulus
12.14.2012 , 12:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
3) There are people who literally do nothing but sit on fleet and PvP for hours. Most of those people are already in full Elite WH or are nearly there. They have nothing to do but farm comms. Previously, their market was mostly in WZ adrenals and madpacks: now they can move into the stabilizer market.
Obviously because the PvP progression is far longer than the PvE progression. To get BiS PvP gear you would probably have to grind over 70k normal commendations. That's some 600-700 warzones that are around 15 minutes each. That's between 150 to 175 hours of PvP.

Satedbuffalo
12.14.2012 , 01:22 PM | #14
I just want to reiterate that I'm not complaining about this. I think it's awesome.

Satedbuffalo
12.14.2012 , 01:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
IYou could get grade 8 materials for more or less the same time a PvPer now can by doing space missions before the patch.
While this was a possible source, it was unreliable. (Crafting boxes do not guarantee stabilizers in any amount.)

...it was also flipping boring.

Beef_Cake
12.14.2012 , 04:02 PM | #16
You guys can try and hide it all you like, the news is out. Many players on our server are farming the hell out of PVP to get whatever they can to RE and get Matrix Cubes & Stabilizers.

Yes, Bracers and Belts are being RE'd left and right for these mats and the Market has pretty much crashed. Stabilizers use to sell between 200-250k each, now they are 100-130k and dropping by the day. Some people I know have been farming since the patch and have gained over 80 Stabilizers in 3 days. Show me 1 person who gains that running Ops. Oh our guild can earn that many stabs as a group running Ops, sure. But do we as single players gain that many? Hell no!

Every item can be RE'd and grade 8 crafting material can be obtained with ease at a substantial rate. Making PvE Operations a complete joke.
Nakiri - 50 Sage Healer / DPS
Crafter for the Republic - Prophecy of the Five

Theodulus
12.14.2012 , 04:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
While this was a possible source, it was unreliable. (Crafting boxes do not guarantee stabilizers in any amount.)

...it was also flipping boring.
Yeah I hear you . I believe all the PvE guys are angry because PvPers can get their stabilizers while having fun.

Theodulus
12.14.2012 , 04:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
You guys can try and hide it all you like, the news is out. Many players on our server are farming the hell out of PVP to get whatever they can to RE and get Matrix Cubes & Stabilizers.

Yes, Bracers and Belts are being RE'd left and right for these mats and the Market has pretty much crashed. Stabilizers use to sell between 200-250k each, now they are 100-130k and dropping by the day. Some people I know have been farming since the patch and have gained over 80 Stabilizers in 3 days. Show me 1 person who gains that running Ops. Oh our guild can earn that many stabs as a group running Ops, sure. But do we as single players gain that many? Hell no!

Every item can be RE'd and grade 8 crafting material can be obtained with ease at a substantial rate. Making PvE Operations a complete joke.
Stabs have been 130-180k each for months now on my server. The prices fluctuate quite a lot now after the patch and the minimum price is all between 140k-180k. The stab QQ is the biometric crystal alloy QQ all over again. The PvEers in my guild has like at least 4 level 50 alts and they run ops all the time to farm materials. Why didn't you? Don't want to invest the same amount of time as PvPers? To get 80 stabs they've invested around 24 hours of gameplay. Do you spend 24 hours every week doing ops for black hole comms (for gear you reverse engineer), grade 8 materials and gear (that you reverse engineer)?

You and space botters have had your glory time now it's time to let others have theirs. I only worry that the Tuesday PvErs grinding out their relics are going to become even more frequent queuers and ruin it for those who enjoy PvP.

Beef_Cake
12.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Stabs have been 130-180k each for months now on my server. The prices fluctuate quite a lot now after the patch and the minimum price is all between 140k-180k. The stab QQ is the biometric crystal alloy QQ all over again. The PvEers in my guild has like at least 4 level 50 alts and they run ops all the time to farm materials. Why didn't you? Don't want to invest the same amount of time as PvPers? To get 80 stabs they've invested around 24 hours of gameplay. Do you spend 24 hours every week doing ops for black hole comms (for gear you reverse engineer), grade 8 materials and gear (that you reverse engineer)?

You and space botters have had your glory time now it's time to let others have theirs. I only worry that the Tuesday PvErs grinding out their relics are going to become even more frequent queuers and ruin it for those who enjoy PvP.
How I earned my stabilizers is of no concern of your's, nor is the amount of time I spend playing, but if you must know, I'm a crafter for my server. I could care less how you guys farm them and how it destroys the market. I craft for individuals, I don't sell on the GTN. I have plenty of stabs to supply the server, so yeah 80 stabs to me means nothing. But it has nothing to do with me, the problem is this new change does effect the economy on many servers. I guess your server was an exception.

This new farming of stabilizer actually works to my favor. I've more than tripled my crafting for players and I'm earning much more now that I'm crafting a lot more. I hope they don't fix it. But the simple fact is, it doesn't matter what you think or I think, the concern was brought to the forums, its up to BW and what they decide to do to correct the issue, or leave it as it is.
Nakiri - 50 Sage Healer / DPS
Crafter for the Republic - Prophecy of the Five

Mozivicus
12.14.2012 , 05:32 PM | #20
Amen Nakiri. And on that note, I'll have another request for a few more armorings this weekend (not the 80 stabs like some, but a "large" order for a casual like me)