Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the purpose of a sub?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the purpose of a sub?

Urael
12.14.2012 , 01:06 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Yup it's not as bad as a pure P2W (i.e. pay or can't get them), but it is still P2W (pay and avoid in-game needs).
It's still pay to by pass:

Game rules
Gates to succes

And gains undeserved bennifits equal to those that put in the effort to achieve the same.

It's still P2win. If you put lipstick on a bantha that doesn't make it a tauntaun.

lollie
12.14.2012 , 01:28 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
magical formula that determines where our sub goes.
The content of your post is ridiculous, only quoting the last bit as you seemed to be repeating yourself a lot, and didn't seem to understand the point you quoted. I'll now clarify - we pay a sub - we've paid our share of the costs, whatever they may be. Only f2p people should be getting directed to the cash shop.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

Goretzu
12.15.2012 , 03:47 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
It's still pay to by pass:

Game rules
Gates to succes

And gains undeserved bennifits equal to those that put in the effort to achieve the same.

It's still P2win. If you put lipstick on a bantha that doesn't make it a tauntaun.
Yeah it is still absolutely P2W.

It's a much more cunning method commecially though, as it deflects a lot of the criticism (as we've seen) because it allows them to just lenghten the grind to make more people directly buy them.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

NrDLeipe
12.15.2012 , 04:49 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I can' find the post right now - but the devs have already aknowledged that the way ship upgrades has been handled is a mistake that's being looked into, epecially with the reference to the cost versus the time it takes to get them in-game.

I expect the grind to be cut in an upcoming patch - but you should still expect to have to work for them. Perfectly fair, imo.
LOL mistake??? ..... intented imo.

How much ppl bought the pack from the cartel shop ? atleast hundreds, easy money for ea.
And after a lot of ppl complained they calling it a mistake, There playing jedi mind tricks and ppl fall for it
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 06:22 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
LOL mistake??? ..... intented imo.

How much ppl bought the pack from the cartel shop ? atleast hundreds, easy money for ea.
And after a lot of ppl complained they calling it a mistake, There playing jedi mind tricks and ppl fall for it
Yeah I think it was a "test" to be honest.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1