Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current returns from expertise and primary stats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Current returns from expertise and primary stats

islander
12.13.2012 , 09:53 AM | #21
Dont want to edit my last post yet again for clarity.
I guess it's just I question whether I'd get enough benefit out of the additional main stat at this point.

The surviviability via endurance is meaningless now, at 20.5k current BH buffed health I'm either surviving if I'm solo or dying if I'm focused by multiples. Plus or minus 500-1000 health isn't affecting that result either way.
So it's not about the endurance, it's about the willpower. Somehow I don't see how an extra 110 will is going to benefit me over 150 expertise.

(saw your reply)

Yeah, again I've done the swap and checked the numbers. Much like a 27 armoring, it ends up being nearly break even factoring in all 3 modifiers. If we're talking pure healing, it's a bonus.

I just hate dying, so I don't like running myself too low. when I replace it, and see my force healing go from say 650 to 658, and see my expertise drop from 1290 to 1249... this is why I can never really make up my mind
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

L-RANDLE
12.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Dont want to edit my last post yet again for clarity.
I guess it's just I question whether I'd get enough benefit out of the additional main stat at this point.

The surviviability via endurance is meaningless now, at 20.5k current BH buffed health I'm either surviving if I'm solo or dying if I'm focused by multiples. Plus or minus 500-1000 health isn't affecting that result either way.
So it's not about the endurance, it's about the willpower. Somehow I don't see how an extra 110 will is going to benefit me over 150 expertise.
How are you only gaining 110 WP? What specific pieces are you referring to?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

islander
12.13.2012 , 09:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
How are you only gaining 110 WP? What specific pieces are you referring to?
Switching out 3 armoring from WH 26's to Advance Resolve 27s. Resolve 27's are 72 willpower. WH 26's are 34 willpower I believe (or 36, I forget now). So the net gain in willpower for that -150 expertise is 114 willpower at most.

L-RANDLE
12.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #24
Switching out 3 armoring from WH 26's to Advance Resolve 27s. Resolve 27's are 72 willpower. WH 26's are 34 willpower I believe (or 36, I forget now). So the net gain in willpower for that -150 expertise is 114 willpower at most.
Ah ha... gotcha... ok what is your EXP rating with the WH stuff on?

islander
12.13.2012 , 10:02 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Ah ha... gotcha... ok what is your EXP rating with the WH stuff on?

I'd be looking at basically 2000 and 1290, or 2114(?) and 1140.
This is using expertise crystals.

Ycoga
12.13.2012 , 10:07 AM | #26
I don't see how I'd be more effective with 900 expertise over 1300. .
Have a look at sorc healers with 25000 HP that can use WZ medpacks to good effect, and that stack End and Power. They probably also have minimal alacrity, and rely on bubblestun for heals.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

islander
12.13.2012 , 10:12 AM | #27
Oh, I know alarcity is bascially crap past 5-6%

It's why I just load surge and crit. In fact, I probably have a little too much surge right now, need to switch about 50-70 of it out for something else. There's very subtle twinking I can do on my mods/endurance pieces, but I mean subtle. Certainly nothing game breaking, we're talking maybe a 3% advantage to be had overall if everything was perfectly twinked.

L-RANDLE
12.13.2012 , 10:37 AM | #28

I'd be looking at basically 2000 and 1290, or 2114(?) and 1140.
This is using expertise crystals.
Ok. here it is... Say your Dark Heal is tooltip rating is @ 1500 in 100% WH.

WH: 1500*13.25%(EXP)= 1698.75
Swapped: 1516*12.01(1140EXP)= 1698.7

Here is a 7 piece trade:
Swapped: 1535*10.065(940EXP)=1698.4

Here is a 9 piece trade:
Swapped: 1546*9.78%(840EXP)=1697.19

As you can see, these are why I say 900EXP for healers. So you might as well carry WP, get higher crit chance/more output...

This is the type on analysis missing for a ton of the theorycraft websites that was overlooked when saying "EXP is king"... Nope..... it depends on quite a few factors... EXP only gives a slight advantage in output compared to its PvE brethren, but the loss of crit chance is not to be taken lightly...

islander
12.13.2012 , 10:45 AM | #29
Now see, this goes along with the results I played around with.

You are basically making the argument that the modest crit chace you gain from additional willpower is worth the loss of overall surviviability (penalty to incoming damage).

I respectfully just don't agree. I'd want to see a reasonable healing output increase to reconcile being easier to kill.
Not to mention it hurts dps output, which is admittedly a minor factor and a virtual non-factor in ranked scenarios.

As I PMd you, I like and appreciate analysis like this because if there's one thing you learn as you get older - there's always more you don't know. There hasn't been good theorycrafting for this game in ages.

L-RANDLE
12.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #30
Now see, this goes along with the results I played around with.

You are basically making the argument that the modest crit chace you gain from additional willpower is worth the loss of overall surviviability (penalty to incoming damage).

I respectfully just don't agree. I'd want to see a reasonable healing output increase to reconcile being easier to kill.
Not to mention it hurts dps output, which is admittedly a minor factor and a virtual non-factor in ranked scenarios.

As I PMd you, I like and appreciate analysis like this because if there's one thing you learn as you get older - there's always more you don't know. There hasn't been good theorycrafting for this game in ages.
No prob... I mean the survivability thing is the only hurdle in this matter, but as I said I see no difference in having RAW HP when you get to 900+ EXP. I think your survivability is sole based on your class, and in your case (and my main) Sorc are squishy, no matter what EXP number they carry....

To each his own though...