Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Those irritating whining skippers in HMs...


Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.13.2012 , 10:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
If you are not there to play with others then maybe an MMO is not for you. Just saying there is a reason it is an MMO and most everyone in your group is paying real money to be there
What makes you think that just because that person chose to play this game he's entitled to hold your hand through content?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

DrewFromPhilly's Avatar


DrewFromPhilly
12.13.2012 , 10:29 AM | #22
BW can't make people more patient and helpful. But, every single time someone in my group asked us to kill something we were about to skip, we've done it. What I don't get is the ppl who don't say anything during the fp then complain after the fact because they didn't get to kill something.

macumba's Avatar


macumba
12.13.2012 , 10:45 AM | #23
although I also skip by default I would never try and force skipping on someone and I also find it disturbing if someone forces skipping onto people who don't know the story yet.

I mean if theres someone listening to the voice overs I let them enjoy it and just relax. I really dont understand the hassle some people have.
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
12.13.2012 , 10:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Unfortunately you are the problem.

And endgame that propagates anti social behaviour.

Everything has happened as i have forseen loooooooooong before launch, endgame turned in anti social heaven. GG EA.
Its not endgame or anti social. If everyone in the group has already experienced it before then there is no reason to waste the time. Why spend unnecessary time in there when you can do more with the time you save? If you still need HMs you can run more HMs in a day by skipping and spacebarring. Its more efficient bottomline.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.13.2012 , 11:35 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Games were designed to be played. I will not skip content that was put there on purpose. Spacebar a conversation I've seen 20+ times, sure, but not skip a group of mobs just because they're easy to ignore.
So when you're questing in the world zones do you engage every mob you see? Or do you try and avoid them?

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZackAlklazaris View Post
Really? Clearly you've never been married, had kids, have a job, or anything else to do besides play this game.

...

Other than that all you can really do is get a guild. A good guild will run a HM FP the way you want to even if your the only one who wants to because they are your friends.
Uu some rant you put in there! No I don't have kids but I have a girlfriend and a job if you really are that interested I always have atleast 1 hour time when I queue the Group Finder for random HM if I'm queueing alone because I don't want to shout people "skip, spacebar, skip" and I actually like playing the game, killing thrash and using my abilities. Running through to the end boss is for people who have no patience as they are "I want it all and I want it now" people, like Queen sing.

And yes I have a guild. We do HMs together but sometimes I also queue up alone to kill some time. I repeat myself again: I'M OKEY TO SKIP RANDOM THRASH AND USELESS CONVOS but I don't want to skip bosses because they can have something valuable to drop and it's a nice "challenge" to fight against them.

So did you understand now what I was originally meaning and saying? Comprende??
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
12.13.2012 , 11:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
BW can't make people more patient and helpful. But, every single time someone in my group asked us to kill something we were about to skip, we've done it. What I don't get is the ppl who don't say anything during the fp then complain after the fact because they didn't get to kill something.
This...My main is a healer, no clue how many HMFP I have done...She has been 50 since January and has done HM FP daily since BH Comms have became a reward. Sometimes she does 2 or 3 a day when a guild dps or fresh tank want to do their daily random. Have a dps shadow too. She does not do them as often since she and her companions are geared, but in her time she did her fair share. Three, out of the hundreds of HMFP I have done do I remember people refusing to kill a boss that someone in the group wanted to kill and one of those times we still killed it after the tank refusing quit the group. So 2 out of the hundreds.

I have no clue how many times people didn't want to skip, but just went with the flow. It doesn't matter, had they really wanted to do it, then they should have spoken up.

I don't care either way, I will kill everything (well heal the group while they kill) or I will skip everything possible. However, I prefer skipping, not because of time or because I don't enjoy being social. I would rather skip because of repair bills. Many dps do not know kill order, so while I am getting hammered by strongs and weaks while trying to keep myself and the tank on our feet, they are busy hitting/shooting the elite or champion, you know the same one the tank is tanking...

uniz's Avatar


uniz
12.13.2012 , 11:56 AM | #28
the design of the hm fp propagates this behavior. if they were not implemented that way then people wouldn't be able to skip them. this is the only mmo i have played with this problem but then the others had bosses which unlocked the content behind them and rare drops which were actually very good. some of these drops were bis or near it for certain classes.

the space bar issue is rather comical since spacers want you to do the story fp and now it is nearly impossible to get a group for them even with the group finder. there really isn't that many in most hm anyways to skip.

story ops are just as bad when the weekly only needs you to kill up to the second boss. the rest is then not even done because of such. so telling players to gear up here isn't a solution either.

what most players dont know is that the loot tables have been changed which now most of the bosses skipped can drop columni grade gear. but not any set pieces. they can drop waist, wrist, implants and earpieces all columni. some of these also drop non set chest and leg columni grade also, the first bosses still drop pooh however and some of the other ones have the old tionesse items still on their loot tables.

skipping for the most part has become a art of risk far exceeding the reward. jumping, waiting, failing, dying just to miss 15 -30 secs of combat when everyone is successful is idiotic. it is idiotic because if one dies or causes a wipe you are wasting 2-5 mins to run back or wait for a group member to do so. not everyone can jump well nor keep up when doing such.

personally i no longer pug any hms. i have five 50s with four all bh and above geared out. the fifth i dont like the mechanic of his class and finished him only because of the buff. however i will do guild runs to fill up a role when asked. we take our time, cc and enjoy ourselves. it is the same with ops. i still enjoy listening to the cut scenes even though i have been doing these hms since February. (you do know they are different for each class)

i feel lucky and fortunate to be in a guild of decent people who are also good players. i also feel sorry for anyone now returning to or starting the game now having to put up with all of the skipping and space bar issues. these are not limited to the hms any more and are now trickling down into the fps as well.

how can this game attract new players when they act as such is a issue bioware needs to address and soon.

ZackAlklazaris's Avatar


ZackAlklazaris
12.13.2012 , 11:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Uu some rant you put in there! No I don't have kids but I have a girlfriend and a job if you really are that interested I always have atleast 1 hour time when I queue the Group Finder for random HM if I'm queueing alone because I don't want to shout people "skip, spacebar, skip" and I actually like playing the game, killing thrash and using my abilities. Running through to the end boss is for people who have no patience as they are "I want it all and I want it now" people, like Queen sing.

And yes I have a guild. We do HMs together but sometimes I also queue up alone to kill some time. I repeat myself again: I'M OKEY TO SKIP RANDOM THRASH AND USELESS CONVOS but I don't want to skip bosses because they can have something valuable to drop and it's a nice "challenge" to fight against them.

So did you understand now what I was originally meaning and saying? Comprende??

Considering it was a reply to this

Quote:
Constant whining "spam the spacebar, run through this and that because I have to and clean my room in 20 minutes because my mommy says so".
I comprehend quite fully from the original post. No where in that post did you say anything about being ok with skipping convos and I was replying to the absurd rant that everyone that can't listen to the convos must have mommy screaming at them to clean their room. It was insulting.

You don't believe me check your post yourself.

[quote]Yeah as the title says! I'm starting to be absolutely full of those whining people in Group Finder based Hard Modes who keep whining "spam that spacebar", "run through that boss" and who want to skip every single group of normal mobs. Constant whining "spam the spacebar, run through this and that because I have to and clean my room in 20 minutes because my mommy says so". I'm completely okey with skipping some of the useless mobs but skipping all middlebosses only to get the 5 daily BH comms is ridiculous...There are many people around who would find the possible columni drops very useful and could use the tionese crystals so killing normal bosses should be required to complete the HM Flashpoint.

A whole another story are those healers and tanks who just refuse to join into the fight because "they are so busy and do not need the drops". I have seen some of those who just sit outside the fight and tell people that "good luck soloing that boss because I won't come as I don't need the drops". Also those people who start to call other people names when they happen to pull the aggro from a random thrash group because they don't know how hard they will have to hug the wall to be able to skip it. Why are these skippers even playing the game if all they want is to skip everything but the last boss to get daily commendations?[quote]
The Shadowlands | "Order of Darkness"
--------Alklazaris - Sorcerer - DPS
--------Sa-Kan - Sniper - DPS
"Dear BW, Please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine, signed Rock"

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.13.2012 , 12:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ZackAlklazaris View Post
Considering it was a reply to this
*useless rant*
]
Check this part of my post "I'm completely okey with skipping some of the useless mobs but skipping all middlebosses only to get the 5 daily BH comms is ridiculous..."

I'm very sorry that I did not know I would have had to pinpoint every single little detail what I'm okey to skip and which convos I want to watch and which I don't...I assumed you would have understood that by reading my posts but I guess I was hoping too much...
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris