Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bubble Stun over-reaction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bubble Stun over-reaction

-IceHawk-
12.14.2012 , 02:42 PM | #81
Ghost, every once and a while an individual comes along and forces a group of players to realize that they are not optimizing their builds and truly are missing the greater potential of the AC.

You are not that individual.

31-Point Lightning builds are quantifiably inferior to either 31-Point Madness or the DPS Hybrid in a PVP environment.

Lightning is stationary, interruptible, dependent on cast times, and resource inefficient.

All of your primary damaging effects (Thundering Blast, Crushing Darkness, Chain Lightning) are on 1.8-2.5 second cast timers, meaning both that you are vulnerable to interrupts and will lose almost all DPS-potential the moment you beginning kiting.

Your mobile damage-ability (Shock) is one of the weakest single-target DPS abilities in the game.

Your Thundering Blast only works efficiently when Affliction is on a target and a decent Healer will have both your DoT cleansed and your cast interrupted if you draw his attention and he knows how to use "Target of Target" at all.

Force Lightning is both Force-negative and carries a cool-down in this build.

31-Point Madness and Hybrid Sorcs would literally run circles around a Lightning Sorc in PVP. A decent enemy player will interrupt all three of your major damagers...

...and you know that time you spend channeling Force Storm for the CL Proc?

That is a single-target DPS loss.

Lightning is not a PVP spec.

Daellia literally proved this months ago.

Play it, enjoy it, (I do sometimes), but do not try and pretend it is something it is not.

criminalheretic
12.14.2012 , 02:54 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahomi View Post
Play a melee class and then come back and talk. Bubble is absurdly overpowered and just plain broken.
I play a melee class (and a full balance Sage) and I don't think it is overpowered per se, as much as it is just annoying. It creates WZs where people can literally get stunned 5-6 times in a single life, and that just makes people want to pull their hair out and take an axe to their monitor.

Get rid of it and all of a sudden there is no defense against the smashers. It should be a Mez, not a stun. It should exist to give squishy casters an extra chance to create distance (to get away from smashers). Where it becomes a problem, is when you get leapt to by a Jugg, and HE uses the bubble stun to hold you in place while he smashes you. Or the PT using rail shotting you after "His" bubble pops. When you take a mechanic, that is meant to counter another mechanic, and ADD them, you end up with 1 OP dude.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Hairyzac
12.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
I play a melee class (and a full balance Sage) and I don't think it is overpowered per se, as much as it is just annoying. It creates WZs where people can literally get stunned 5-6 times in a single life, and that just makes people want to pull their hair out and take an axe to their monitor.

Get rid of it and all of a sudden there is no defense against the smashers. It should be a Mez, not a stun. It should exist to give squishy casters an extra chance to create distance (to get away from smashers). Where it becomes a problem, is when you get leapt to by a Jugg, and HE uses the bubble stun to hold you in place while he smashes you. Or the PT using rail shotting you after "His" bubble pops. When you take a mechanic, that is meant to counter another mechanic, and ADD them, you end up with 1 OP dude.
Great post. As long as we get something in return, I would not mind having it go back to a Mez.

LarryRow
12.14.2012 , 03:06 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
You are trololololling hard right meow.
I see what you did there.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Ghost_Spectre
12.14.2012 , 03:58 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Play it, enjoy it, (I do sometimes), but do not try and pretend it is something it is not.
IceHawk, thank you for your constructive points. I am fully aware of the weaknesses and limitations of my chosen spec. I have no delusions of what I can and cannot do. This was a personal choice. I don't like using hybreds, never have. I work with what I have and around by compensating the best I can. I am not making this out to be something it is not. It is what it is; a support spec with limitations. However, I can still contribute in achieving objectives and aid the team. That's what playing a support role is all about. If what is written is true that BioWare will address the Sorcerer dps, then on that day, I should be able to contribute more in way of DPS in the role this spec is, in my humble opinion, meant to be. Thank you again.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

fungihoujo
12.14.2012 , 07:24 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post

I can stand being stunned a few times- since unless someone is intending to keep you bubble stunned with a group of friends (like the troll video) generally you'll only get one or two bubble stuns and another CC before you white bar.

What is frustrating is getting that white bar- then being rooted for the entire duration and still being unable to do anything before the stunlock begins again. If white resolve gave complete CC immunity- people wouldn't have a problem because there would actually be a period of time where you have control over your character- as is though, it doesn't matter if you have white resolve or not, you are going nowhere- and that is what pisses people off the most.

Before trying to nerf the bubble- they should put roots and interrupts on resolve and see how much that lets people breathe and actually be able to do things for a few seconds.

VigDiath
12.14.2012 , 07:29 PM | #87
I really think it is an over-reaction. Getting that bubble to 'pop' is not hard at all.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Washingtoon
12.14.2012 , 07:42 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
If you try to switch targets, sorc bubbles your new target.
This part always makes me all giggly.

Paulman
12.15.2012 , 03:49 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
Great post. As long as we get something in return, I would not mind having it go back to a Mez.
I agree. They buffed breaking the ability. They should just revert the change. I was fine before.

danpeel
12.15.2012 , 04:35 AM | #90
Please for the love of god and the sake of my sanity nerf the bubble stun. I play the juggernaut and i can't take it anymore. 75% of the war zone i spend stunned
soul'ripper