Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bubble Stun over-reaction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bubble Stun over-reaction

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
12.14.2012 , 12:51 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
Ghost, please troll somewhere else. You and your 7 friends may enjoy playing Lightning (which is all well and good), but that doesn't change the fact it is a horrible, horrible spec in comparison to anything else. You wasted a lot of your time typing that response. Absolutely nothing I said changes except you enjoy playing a broken, horrible spec. I always encourage people to play the spec they find the most fun, so keep playing Lightning if you enjoy it.
That's your opinion. I do not accept it. I see the results of how I play my sorcerer. It is only broken in respect to those who want to do mega dps and rack up umpteen medals. PvP is about team play. There is no I in team.

As for trolling...have you looked in the mirror lately? Offering one's opinion supported with quantifiable information does not make one a troll. Its adding to the discussion. I surmise that if one does not agree with you and your opinion, they are, in your eyes, a troll. Good to know. I'll not bother responding to such an arrogant narcissist anymore.

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
12.14.2012 , 12:59 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
This specifically needs to be emphasized. Sorcerers are effectively support characters, even as DPS. Yes, you CAN solo as a pro player, but you'd be at an inherent disadvantage doing so. Hey, some people thrive off of that. I'm not exactly a pro but I have stuck with my sorc because it's tougher sledding.

Besides, DPS sorc has to get some love eventually...right?
I knew from the beginning that a Sorcerer was not a frontline assault unit. My Sage taught me that. Therefore, I play in a support role for the team either in FP, Op, and PvP. That's the role and my character excels in that role. Likewise, if they do give the DPS Sorcerer some love, I hope it is not at the cost of something else, specifically Static Barrier.

I would offer this concerning the barrier. Nerf the ability to detonate when clicked off. Keep it as it is, but disallow it to do what it is intended to do when people make it go off. Problem solved. One thing for sure, I cannot spam that on anyone in the team with its CD. If defending a node with another, I put it on them and myself and keep it up.

Mossesman's Avatar


Mossesman
12.14.2012 , 01:01 PM | #73
My proposed change to the bubble stun - Make it so the stun only activate for the caster only, and not everyone else.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Lejune's Avatar


Lejune
12.14.2012 , 01:12 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
My proposed change to the bubble stun - Make it so the stun only activate for the caster only, and not everyone else.
But then when mine is on CD I can't cast it on my teammate so when the smash monkey has me chained stunned and hits his IWIN button(because I KNOW its coming)...my teammates bubble stuns him for me! runs away heals me and teammate back up. Now my turn to bubble stun him

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.14.2012 , 01:33 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
Epic, you get served two different ways to kill a very high priority target and you give the guy lip back. Forums are so awesome.

He pushed the guy to make sure he can't cast (my guess) so he can't insta heal/rebubble
Same thing with the Awe move (my guess)
are you sure he did those two smashes with a 7 sec pause? (or did the force push prolong the timeframe enough that he can pull his smashes off?) <-- I reread his post, I think he got something out of order in his rotation, you are right, 2 smashes, 7 secs. impossible. (may be the forcepush is the wrong place since forcepush -> guardian leap for distance is redundant. use specced leap as opener (more dmg on specced leap gives higher chance to burst bubble on saber throw))
Perfectly executed combination like that will leave the sage dead or hanging by a thread with everything on CD (including WZ medpack)

The other people with bubbles matter less if you forcepush the sage away from support (again a reason to go for push over 2nd leap) You immediate objective is to lockdown/kill the sage, blowing your CDs to kill off a high priority target without taking any real damage is a good use of your CDs.

I will give you that there is something fishy about the first rotation though.

TL;DR
he may be off on specific rotation, but what he suggests is a good play that may make or break any opening skirmish in a WZ. So congratulations (in a non sarcastic manner) IS in order.
And what's the sage's teammates doing this whole time? Yea, real matches don't work out like that.

Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
12.14.2012 , 01:35 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
That's your opinion. I do not accept it. I see the results of how I play my sorcerer. It is only broken in respect to those who want to do mega dps and rack up umpteen medals. PvP is about team play. There is no I in team.

As for trolling...have you looked in the mirror lately? Offering one's opinion supported with quantifiable information does not make one a troll. Its adding to the discussion. I surmise that if one does not agree with you and your opinion, they are, in your eyes, a troll. Good to know. I'll not bother responding to such an arrogant narcissist anymore.
Fact is fact. You are trololololling hard right meow. It isn't my opinion that a spec performs the worst out of all others? I mean wow man.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.14.2012 , 01:37 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Is it? That's news to me. I am fully spec'd Lightning with 2 points in madness for Will of the Sith granting 6% willpower increase. So is Rincewind as he posted (#48) in this thread. I'm not alone, either. 7 other sorcerers in my guild are spec'd lightning. I've run with a number of people in EoT whose Sorcerer were spec'd Lightning.

While this spec may not be as glorious as the smashers, brawling champion smugglers, or stealth spec'd Shadows/Assassins, I can do a lot of damage to multiple targets in a matter of seconds thanks to Lightning Storm, Chain Lightning, Forked lightning, and Conduction. Using Thundering Blast after hitting someone with Affliction (100% automatic critical) is a devastating attack as well. With Reverberating Force (+50% increase in critical damage by Affliction, Chain Lightning, and Thundering Blast) gives a Lightning specd Sorcerer a 150% increase in automatic critical damage with Thundering Blast.

Knowing when to use Lightning Storm on a crowd of engaged enemies that are melee range of my teammates can make the difference in a fight. When Chain Lightning procs, 5 targets are about to receive a whole lot of hurt. I may not get many solo kills; however, I do get a large number of killing blows thanks to knowing how to use my Sorcerer's powers.

It's not extinct, it's just not popular to use because people believe going hybrid Lightning/Madness is the best way to obtain high DPS for a higher kill ratio. I disagree with this thought. My Sorcerer is there to support the team, not take the lead in an assault. I play it that way. If I'm left alone I can generate an average of 270k in damage. Harassed, I that is reduced to 150k with 100k in healing...mostly on myself. You may disagree, that's alright. However, your disagreement will not change my opinion in any way, shape, form or fashion. But to say, "spec'ing lightning for PvP is extinct," is misleading and wrong. Extinct means no longer alive, gone forever, erased from existence. Lightning Spec'd Sorcerers are playing in PvP, there aren't alot of us because of the hybrids because Lightning Spec lacks the glorious offensive punch. However, when used in a support role, it is a very effective spec in aiding the melee and range players.
The problem with that spec is you have to stand still to do any kind of real dps. Standing still is bad for your health, unless you're playing bads.

Disturbance's damage is laughable, and so is the 31 talent. Turbulence does no where near the damage of other hard hitting abilities like high impact bolt, maul, sweep, or master strike.

DaedalusV's Avatar


DaedalusV
12.14.2012 , 02:03 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
And what's the sage's teammates doing this whole time? Yea, real matches don't work out like that.
Of course they don't. read the last part of my post.
In the opening battle, in some warzones, it MAY make or break the game (until something tips the balance the other way around). So many factors to account for in pvp, everything is relative etc etc.

EG.
Huttball 8v8 opening ball rush. I've seen alot of stuff succeed spectacularly. Also seen the same moves fail horrendously.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
12.14.2012 , 02:04 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The problem with that spec is you have to stand still to do any kind of real dps. Standing still is bad for your health, unless you're playing bads.

Disturbance's damage is laughable, and so is the 31 talent. Turbulence does no where near the damage of other hard hitting abilities like high impact bolt, maul, sweep, or master strike.
You are correct. Casting requires standing still. That's why I use the advantage of range. If I'm attacked by Jedi, I use what meager defenses I have (overload that roots them) and try to run away to another location. I accept that. If I hadn't, I'd not chosen to play this class. However, in the support role that I play my sorcerer in, what I contribute to in the way of damage, does what it supposed to do. Therein lies the difference.

Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
12.14.2012 , 02:23 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
You are correct. Casting requires standing still. That's why I use the advantage of range. If I'm attacked by Jedi, I use what meager defenses I have (overload that roots them) and try to run away to another location. I accept that. If I hadn't, I'd not chosen to play this class. However, in the support role that I play my sorcerer in, what I contribute to in the way of damage, does what it supposed to do. Therein lies the difference.
What you contribute is 250k combined damage and healing which is laughable at BEST mate. Can't call me a liar here because you said it yourself in your own post. I just did a Huttball and had 400k healing, and 100k damage done. That is double your combined totals. Only 50k away from your damage total and I'm playing a Corruption hybrid.

Do you want to know why in good games your damage and healing goes down, but mine goes up? The reasoning behind all of this is because you play Lightning spec. Thus you can't even function in a pvp environment properly so when the games get tough, your totals go down because of how awful Lightning actually plays out in pvp.

Now do you see what everyone is telling you? Sure, you may enjoy playing Lightning spec. By ALL MEANS please play it if that is what you enjoy. But in REALITY, it is arguably the worst spec in the game and that is not something that is up for debate. Although I'm sure you will try and say it's just my opinion.