Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bubble Stun over-reaction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bubble Stun over-reaction

Chemic_al
12.15.2012 , 05:20 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by danpeel View Post
Please for the love of god and the sake of my sanity nerf the bubble stun. I play the juggernaut and i can't take it anymore. 75% of the war zone i spend stunned
The only reason I know sorcs and sages should have bubble stun is because it makes knights and warriors qq. About time we had something....

And yeah as someone else pointed out, it's something a coordinated team could achieve with grenades too, another thing which should have been removed ages ago, along with the biochem/clicky relic change.

DaedalusV
12.15.2012 , 06:11 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by danpeel View Post
Please for the love of god and the sake of my sanity nerf the bubble stun. I play the juggernaut and i can't take it anymore. 75% of the war zone i spend stunned
put 12 points into your middle tree.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Boyana
12.15.2012 , 07:01 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahomi View Post
Play a melee class and then come back and talk. Bubble is absurdly overpowered and just plain broken.
It is not just melee. When a Sorc/Sages casts it on the warrior who then leaps and pops it, it becomes a problem even to ranged classes. Chances are high that you will get Sorc and couple of warriors in one warzone. When 3 of those warriors leap to you and pop the bubble, being a healer becomes nothing but a crap. The worse thing happens with coordinated team that is doing a chain. It is not rare to see a Sorc running trough people just to pop the bubble next to a haler.

I am a Sorcerer and will not be like all those warriors and powertechs defending something that is destroying the fun for 90% of players. I will be honest and say, bubble is not OP on one, it is OP on 7 players and needs to be looked into.

DaedalusV
12.15.2012 , 09:25 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
It is not just melee. When a Sorc/Sages casts it on the warrior who then leaps and pops it, it becomes a problem even to ranged classes. Chances are high that you will get Sorc and couple of warriors in one warzone. When 3 of those warriors leap to you and pop the bubble, being a healer becomes nothing but a crap. The worse thing happens with coordinated team that is doing a chain. It is not rare to see a Sorc running trough people just to pop the bubble next to a haler.

I am a Sorcerer and will not be like all those warriors and powertechs defending something that is destroying the fun for 90% of players. I will be honest and say, bubble is not OP on one, it is OP on 7 players and needs to be looked into.
All of this is fixed if they make the bubble impossible to manually burst.
I approve of that nerf and would like it done to my main. I full-well understand it will be a hit to my effectiveness in warzones, but I want to play more balanced pvp. There are other issues that needs to be taken care of as well.

Your post touches on more than one issue (the part about the bubble I already adressed)
Smashers is a seperate issue
How to balance resolve/CCbreakers etc is a seperate issue
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Devilk
12.15.2012 , 10:48 AM | #95
I dunno if you have said what server you are on but if you have hardly seen these, then you are either A) On a low pop server, or B) Never stepped foot inside a ranked warzone. Sages/sorcerers bubbling their team to create constant cc's is becoming more common, and it is a problem. I have absolutely no issue with the stun applying to the sage/sorcerer only, but an entire team of 8 people is just flat out ridiculous.

Ramtar
12.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post

Bubble should be only usable on the Sorcerer/Sage and their companions.

Xerain
12.15.2012 , 02:32 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

Itll be just on the caster soon enough anyway.
So a 3 second AOE stun that fills half the resolve it's supposed to is fine? You realize it wouldn't be so bad if they actually fixed the resolve gain on it right?

currently as it stands too:

Bubble applied that can absorb 4100 damage. Yes i'm going with that as I was parsing with a friend and that's how much his bubble was taking before it popped.

Bubble Applied> 17 second de-buff starts alone with a 30 second buff that is the actual bubble.

Well say someone is hitting you right from the get go for 1500 damage a hit as it is a decent average hit.

at 1500 damage a hit it's going to take 3 gcd's to pop the bubble. Once bubble is popped 4.5 seconds have gone by so time on de-buff is now 12.5 and the sorc/sage took a little damage.

Bubble popped the attacker is now standing there for 3 seconds and anyone with in the AOE of the blind is now too. The resolve cost is only 300, half of what it's supposed to be.

at the end of the stun it will be 9.5 seconds left on the de-buff. That's 45% of the time the sorc/sage took little or no damage from a target and combine it with the debuff getting some time to tick away before the sorc/sage ever gets hit or the debuff just completely dropping in general, you can chain cc a person or group of players for quite some time.

Oh smash needs nerfed. The bubble at least needs fixed to fillt he proper resolve.

rlamela
12.15.2012 , 08:34 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
So a 3 second AOE stun that fills half the resolve it's supposed to is fine? You realize it wouldn't be so bad if they actually fixed the resolve gain on it right?

Bubble applied that can absorb 4100 damage. Yes i'm going with that as I was parsing with a friend and that's how much his bubble was taking before it popped.

Bubble Applied> 17 second de-buff starts alone with a 30 second buff that is the actual bubble.

Well say someone is hitting you right from the get go for 1500 damage a hit as it is a decent average hit.

at 1500 damage a hit it's going to take 3 gcd's to pop the bubble. Once bubble is popped 4.5 seconds have gone by so time on de-buff is now 12.5 and the sorc/sage took a little damage.

Bubble popped the attacker is now standing there for 3 seconds and anyone with in the AOE of the blind is now too. The resolve cost is only 300, half of what it's supposed to be.

at the end of the stun it will be 9.5 seconds left on the de-buff. That's 45% of the time the sorc/sage took little or no damage from a target and combine it with the debuff getting some time to tick away before the sorc/sage ever gets hit or the debuff just completely dropping in general, you can chain cc a person or group of players for quite some time.

Oh smash needs nerfed. The bubble at least needs fixed to fillt he proper resolve.
lol 1500 damage a hit is not a decent hit. when Im getting hit I see numbers like 2.5K, 5.5K, 3K, 2.2K, 5K, 2.2K.
where do you play that people hit like little girls. My sage would love to see 1.5K damage taken

Jenna'syyde

fungihoujo
12.15.2012 , 09:32 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post

Better call the waaaaahmbulance- another fotm marauder whining because being the top class in the game still is too hard for him.

eavn
12.15.2012 , 11:47 PM | #100
both smash spec and stun bubbles need to be fixed, smash needs to do less dps, and stun bubbles should only affect the caster, give proper resolve, and not be able to be activated by clicking the buff icon.