Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In pvp what are you putting out guys?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
In pvp what are you putting out guys?

Dacce
12.16.2012 , 07:06 PM | #11
I don't play rated's I only pug normal WZ's - but I regularly hit 400k damage 150k healing on my sorc. I have mostly war hero and couple of battle master pieces. And I don't respec I just play the madness pve hybrid spec in pvp. I do find I get focussed a bit, but I generally stick to pillars and use force slow, force speed etc. Plus I don't mind dying if it means I save a node / door for my team to get there.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

chaosmadness
12.17.2012 , 11:48 AM | #12
I play full Madness and im full war hero, but my damage is around 200-250k..never reached 400k in warzones. I only see Marauders and Powertecks reaching that numbers.

Eldriq
12.21.2012 , 07:58 PM | #13
Include your server please. On my server I will see me or my friends on good days reach over 500k damage but that is misleading as if you want those numbers you have to use Affliction and Death Field.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

AngusFTW
12.22.2012 , 11:24 AM | #14
PVP really varies on length and numbers alone dont mean crap because all wzs last a different amount of time so dps/hps is what you should be more interested in. When i heal I usually play full heals on my sorceror and i'd say i'd average about 600-850hps in normal wzs. The highest i've gone for healing per second is 1121hps. I've done 800k plus a few times in full length voidstars which i'd consider average i guess.

DPS i play hybrid and because of the nature of playing dps sorc and the amount of smashers going around it can vary quite a lot. The highest dps i've done is 1124dps in a wz where there was a crap tonne of healers that didnt cleanse dots all stacked up so i can aoe.. other then that i am usually pretty surprised when i reach 700-800dps so i'd consider my average dps count to be slightly lower then my hps as a heals. Again there is so much variables involved. I wouldnt say i'm anything special on my sorc but i quite enjoy playing it because its a bit of an underdog class and it feels rewarding for me to put out decent numbers in wzs on it occasionally more so then my main (sent).
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

wwkingms
12.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #15
idk *** u guys are doing but i regularly pug and break 400k,500k and ive only been back a month

i hit 685K a week ago which is my highest since ive been back and highest since my 828k back in the wrath chain lightning adrenal days

hybrid is still the best for mobility, and all around dmg and recourse management
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Baalzamon
12.23.2012 , 06:28 AM | #16
I cant do any damage on my Sorc because I am already dead.

islander
12.25.2012 , 07:34 PM | #17
I honestly find that when I focus on just my healing number, we end up losing more. I started doing this a couple nights ago, just to make sure I hadn't really lost my edge/ability.

There's so many different things a sorc can do to better affect the outcome of a normal warzone.

usually, as a bubble stunner, I heal around 300-350k with 70-100k damage done in, say a full voidstar.
when I did two near full voidstars today, completely ignoring damage dealing and 100% healing focus, I put up 500k-550k healing both times...and we lost both.

See, sometimes I'll madness/innervate it in order to contribute to dps (then I can hit I dunno, 200 and 300k respectively - although the lack of cc does suck of course), because we all know pugging warzones involves a lot of 40 point baddie DPSers. Thing about keeping bad DPS alive longer is they don't actually complete objectives that much faster. Bad DPS will still take too long to kill someone and doors won't get open, nodes won't get taken.

So many people are wrapped up in numbers. Unless you are literally the only healer in the 8 man, doing this is a mistake.
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

darthgamer
12.25.2012 , 09:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
I play full Madness and im full war hero, but my damage is around 200-250k..never reached 400k in warzones. I only see Marauders and Powertecks reaching that numbers.
I get about 290k regularly but thats when im not gobbled up by assaults and sents dude both lightning and mandness need some love on the dps side
Squadron 11-11-11

islander
12.26.2012 , 10:10 AM | #19
I want to qualify my previous post. If I were doing rated, I would only be in bubble stunner mode, and focusing on only healing.

It's just pugging it's less useful because DPS aren't as good at their jobs, even reasonably geared.
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Cabex
12.26.2012 , 10:55 AM | #20
As a Dps Sorcerer I often have the highest amount of damage at the end of a warzone, however most of this damage is just from deathfield hitting multiple people, as well as dotting multiple people with affliction.
I use full madness spec or the madness/lightning hybrid, I switch between the two. However while full madness my healing can usally go up to 100k just from the self healing (paratism, crushing darkness heal from set bonus, and deathfield heal.)