Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchased Species Not Unlocking

lukehstreet
12.13.2012 , 12:45 AM | #1
I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic as soon as it was available for pre-order. I had been following any tid-bit of information I could find for YEARS in anticipation of this game. When it came out, I loved it but unsubscribed after three months because none of my friends stayed subscribed. When free to play was announced, I got excited again because I thought I might be able to get my friends to try it out. I just knew they'd subscribe if they tried it. I spent 1200 Cartel Coins to unlock the Rattataki and Sith Pureblood for me to play as I love those species. I claimed the purchases and then nothing happened... Then I subscribed so that I could actually get customer service (which was insanely irritating). After subscribing, I created Ticket #7274121 on 12/06 and have heard literally nothing in response from customer service as to this issue. I spent money to receive a product. That product still has not been delivered. I've seen numerous posts by others experiencing similar problems and once they post on a thread about their issue, it seems to get resolved. It's sad that making a public scene is the only way to get things fixed, but I'd like to get what I paid for.

Another wonderful happening while trying to resolve this issue is that when I called into customer service (pre-subscription) I was told that they couldn't help me. Post-subscription, when I called in, they told me to submit an in-game ticket for support and that they couldn't help me... Pretty frustrating... If they're not allowed to help anyone, why are they even there? Just wondering...

Hopefully by starting a thread (posting to other threads started by people with a similar problem didn't help me) I'll get some help. If not, I will not be back to play this game and my friends won't be either.

lukehstreet
12.17.2012 , 04:04 PM | #2
Well, customer service granted me the two species I purchased. I'm glad that it got resolved.

wrathofkhan
12.17.2012 , 04:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by lukehstreet View Post
Well, customer service granted me the two species I purchased. I'm glad that it got resolved.
I have just (yesterday) had the same problem. I,m a sub & I have legacy and many characteres over lvl 10, so, like you I purchased a Sith Pureblood unlock for 600 Cartel coins (love this one) to use for ALL character creations.
Just like you it did not work.
Sure I put a ticket in but I wonder if I will get a proper response & even get my unlock or refund going by other reports that the service is non existent.

If this is the case then its only a question of time before both subs & F2P will leave this game for NOT GETTING WHAT THEY PAID FOR.

lukehstreet
01.12.2013 , 05:55 PM | #4
I hope you get (or got) what you paid for. It took multiple phone calls, forum posts, in-game tickets and some e-mails to their support before I got any kind of response. Don't give up, they're insanely slow, but they do exist.

ettaelf
10.14.2013 , 01:56 PM | #5
Okay, so I just bought the Pureblood unlock - and have many characters and legacy over lvl 10 - and I'm not getting my unlock, and this is actually the SECOND time I've paid for my Pureblood unlock, thinking maybe it just didn't go through last time. Am I really going to have to start a new thread to get my unlock?