Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

NativeFather
12.26.2012 , 11:32 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
Agreed re: stun wars.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.
Master Adi-Wan is correct, and I must confess to being the mmo NOOB who asked about min\max...however, I will say min\max for a pure Vanguard tank can be quite subjective, not to mention the possible sheer relevance of a pure Vanguard tank in PvP. I know most would prefer to mitigate the lack of damage protection from almost anything that's not a blaster by using DPS friendly gear. I WILL get there however, and even now can hold off quite a few from capping until Cal, Adi or someone else rescues me! ;-p

Not having any real stun, and they nerf the range on the one small stun we do have as a Vanguard shield spec, I feel us and the PT tanks are on the worst end of the stun stick. Man, if we can't have a decent stun, they could at least give us some special buff or increase the time we have full resolve... I feel I have a chance against almost every class, but them dang Agents. LOL, I can't hardly put any damage on them, but it wouldn't matter as they stun-lock and DPS me to death....and fast.

Also, that Donna is freaky good! I played the new WZ with her today and I swear, she was healing me from the east pylon while I was mid! Every time I was about to munch it, there she was...like an angel with giant gun-heals!
Torman - Borman/ Cornan-Tornan
PT / Merc | VG / Mando
Imp: <Inferno> Pub: <Dar'Xum>

CJNJ
12.26.2012 , 04:50 PM | #92
At least you can fly around the map cornan, it's te only reason why I was still leveling my PT, because storm is so much frikin fun. As for the other tanking stuff well... At least you can mess with MM snipers!
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

NativeFather
12.27.2012 , 06:04 AM | #93
Storm, yes! ...and that is the reason I have stayed in the Shield Spec tree. For this toon in PvP, it's most important to me to be able to jump into a fight quick, protect those in need and not die too quick. Also, I am one of the more bad ***** looking Vanguards on the server, lol!
Torman - Borman/ Cornan-Tornan
PT / Merc | VG / Mando
Imp: <Inferno> Pub: <Dar'Xum>

Nbkan
12.27.2012 , 09:40 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.
Speaking of min maxing and I will keep the name anonymous to protect the innocent. I saw a sentinel in full warhero with an alacrity relic and some alacrity augs. Needless to say I don't know much about Sents/Maras so I enlisted the help of another who did have the knowledge to help this young one out. Even his mainhand was a tank mainhand. It's sad but understandable as well. Rather than poke fun though and laugh, well I did chuckle, I hopefully got him some help that will aid him down the line.

iRedRIng
12.27.2012 , 02:43 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Nbkan View Post
Speaking of min maxing and I will keep the name anonymous to protect the innocent. I saw a sentinel in full warhero with an alacrity relic and some alacrity augs. Needless to say I don't know much about Sents/Maras so I enlisted the help of another who did have the knowledge to help this young one out. Even his mainhand was a tank mainhand. It's sad but understandable as well. Rather than poke fun though and laugh, well I did chuckle, I hopefully got him some help that will aid him down the line.
Got to channel that force stasis man. Get those stacks for your SMASH!!! = Node.
Somnax - Infinite Darkness - Pot5

Wookieenator
12.27.2012 , 04:05 PM | #96
the team we had last night was not great and we had dc's left and right. nonetheless i believe if we had an a-team going the pub team would have given us some great matches. cap is currently on vacation so it's hard to form a competitive team without him. hopefully we see that group in the future, i don't see why it was so hard for the pubs to make it though. You guys got some great players, looking forward to good games in the future.

Rogean
12.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
the team we had last night was not great and we had dc's left and right. nonetheless i believe if we had an a-team going the pub team would have given us some great matches. cap is currently on vacation so it's hard to form a competitive team without him. hopefully we see that group in the future, i don't see why it was so hard for the pubs to make it though. You guys got some great players, looking forward to good games in the future.
It took us over an hour to form that group, waiting for the right people though. That is why it sometimes isn't worth it because anything less gets roflstomped.

eavn
12.27.2012 , 04:37 PM | #98
i run a max alacrity and absorption build on eavn

hes doing it right.

CJNJ
12.27.2012 , 05:11 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by eavn View Post
i run a max alacrity and absorption build on eavn

hes doing it right.
I stack accuracy on my sage so my heals don't miss, it's the only logical reason why they would give it to me on my top tier talents
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

Itchy_Bum
12.27.2012 , 05:46 PM | #100
I actually saw a scoundrel healer who was using some defence mods/enhancements and some defence augments, he 1200-1300ish expertise and this was a few weeks ago.

To be honest if you see that I would message the guy, I should have messaged the scoundrel but normally when people hit 60-70 valor, they at least think they always know what they are doing.
Ivan 55 guard Bob_buffet 55 merc Yuliya-jr 55 mando Yuliya 55 scound Bodacious 55 sorc Ivanocha 55 Shad Cranky_pants 55 jugg El-Pollo-Loco 55 snip Mainwaring vg Itchy-bum guardian