Am I the only one?

Lovethebeard

Am I the only one that doesn't mind splashing out a few coins here and there on the cartel market? Am I the only one that thinks the items they put on there are fantastic? I do have to admit the Life Day thing was a little too much, but the rest, im completely satisfied with the game! Now dont get me wrong im not rich or wealthy, Im a student but coming onto the forum and seeing the hate upsets me, I feel like im the only one that enjoys this game and whats on the market.

I hope i didn't leave too much food out for the trolls.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that doesn't mind splashing out a few coins here and there on the cartel market? Am I the only one that thinks the items they put on there are fantastic? I do have to admit the Life Day thing was a little too much, but the rest, im completely satisfied with the game! Now dont get me wrong im not rich or wealthy, Im a student but coming onto the forum and seeing the hate upsets me, I feel like im the only one that enjoys this game and whats on the market.

unfortunately the trolls can turn a crumb into a feast.

I don't mind the items on the market. Im not going to be a big spender and havent spent anything yet. I have only bought extra slots for loot, unlocked my speeder and thats it so far. but if something is in the market i really like i have no issues putting down a few $$ and buying it.

I dare say if the people raging over the CM listed everything they purchased in real life we would find a healthy amount of stuff that other see as ridiculous and frivolous as well. They would also be the first ones to tell people to mind their own business about how they spend their money they earned and TBH its no ones busuiness how they spend their own $$ but they haven't yet figured out to extend that courtesy to others.

and so they troll on and if you like the game your a "fanboy" and if you buy stuff from the CM your a sucker..

i Can hear the pitter patter of little troll feet coming right now...

Edited by CrazyCanukk

unfortunately the trolls can turn a crumb into a feast.

I don't mind the items on the market. Im not going to be a big spender and havent spent anything yet. I have only bought extra slots for loot, unlocked my speeder and thats it so far. but if something is in the market i really like i have no issues putting down a few $$ and buying it.

I dare say if the people raging over the CM listed everything they purchased in real life we would find a healthy amount of stuff that other see as ridiculous and frivolous as well. They would also be the first ones to tell people to mind their own business about how they spend their money they earned and TBH its no ones busuiness how they spend their own $$ but they haven't yet figured out to extend that courtesy to others.

and so they troll on and if you like the game your a "fanboy" and if you buy stuff from the CM your a sucker..

i Can hear the pitter patter of little troll feet coming right now...

hey thanks for the swift reply and im glad there is some human life on these forums. i completely agree with you, i just wish they would be happy with what they got. they got this great game for pretty much free now... but they still sit and kill the fun and enjoyment of being a community that came together on a game we all really love.

The funny thing is people have completely forgotten they actually got new gameplay for free, but no, let's cry about a few reskins on the cartel market related to a dumb fictional holiday originating from the blackest mark in Star Wars lore

People that do space and pvp got new gameplay, not everyone does them.

I like the Cartel Market, and I'm not afraid to spend a little money there. Sure, a lot of the stuff in the packs is junk, but there's the thrill of gambling. With the new packs, I opened a few and got something decent in each one. I got one piece of the Revan armor and am hoping to pick up the rest later. Meantime, my Jedi Knight is now running around with a new lightsaber with a cyan-blue blade. Can't complain.

The funny thing is people have completely forgotten they actually got new gameplay for free, but no, let's cry about a few reskins on the cartel market related to a dumb fictional holiday originating from the blackest mark in Star Wars lore

Yup... last time i got new gameplay waaaas... hmm... let me see here...

I dont PvP so thats not it...

I dont do space missions on rail so thats not it either...

I only have one lvl 50 so i dont really need or do dailies...

And i dont do ops...

Wait, when was the last time we got a new flashpoint that was below lvl 50?

Other then that it would be when we got the black hole... i do those sometimes to grind money on my 50... but other than that, not much gameplay here...

And not much content in general either. Not alot of new items added to the game that werent expressly end-game items.

But i dont hate the cartel shop either.

I just think its kinda cheap to make us pay real money for re-hashed items that are already in the game but with a different skin or just made available without the grind (ie. the pilot suits that needed social points grind before).

I would gladly pay for real new content like the nihilus mask or something with actual new models.

But not by paying for lottery tickets (ie. cartel packs)

Well it's been a full year of this and that. Obviously, BioWare is doing a terrible job every week managing something whether it be the Cartel Market or breaking something. The negatives outweigh the positives here on the forum. Only postive threads make it up at least 5 or 7 pages. Negative threads usually make it past 50 pages.

Whens the last time everyone was equally happy on this forum? Maybe at launch up to update legacy. Something is wrong with TOR and if no one can see it than try taking off your sunglasses in your house.

You're one of the few around these parts. The forums are a bastian of negativity and self entitlement that fortunately is not representative of players in general. But if you want to get a taste of the true darkside in the playerbase you only have to come to the forums to see it on display.

To address directly what you're saying about the cartel market, I've not spent a single coin at this point (I have 2900 of them currently) but I see nothing wrong with the concept precisely because I'm under no obligation to purchase any of it and it effects MY gameplay not at all.

EDIT: Haha, see the post directly above this one for a prime example of what I'm talking about. The message in that post is "If you don't agree with me you're clearly wrong".

Edited by uziforyou

I would like to buy what i want though. Its really my only complaint on the market. If i wanted the revan outfit i would like to be able to buy it from the market if choose to. Everything else is pretty much as i expected it to be with a cash shop.

Yup... last time i got new gameplay waaaas... hmm... let me see here...

I dont PvP so thats not it...

I dont do space missions on rail so thats not it either...

I only have one lvl 50 so i dont really need or do dailies...

And i dont do ops...

What the hell are you doing here then?

Maybe the reason you don't see more positive threads is because there aren't a lot of things to be positive about.

People can complain all they want about the negativity of the forums, but the fact of the matter is, the forums are negative for a reason.

Honestly, I don't mind at all. As long as I can see that development is focused on delivering the same quality content that you can only find in a BioWare game that we got at release. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case. I support the Cartel Shop as a supplemental system, but not as the focal point of the game.

Well it's been a full year of this and that. Obviously, BioWare is doing a terrible job every week managing something whether it be the Cartel Market or breaking something. The negatives outweigh the positives here on the forum. Only postive threads make it up at least 5 or 7 pages. Negative threads usually make it past 50 pages.

Whens the last time everyone was equally happy on this forum? Maybe at launch up to update legacy. Something is wrong with TOR and if no one can see it than try taking off your sunglasses in your house.

And what exactly are you doing to make these better forums?

All people like you do is moan and moan, no matter what, for once, just once, why not try help make this a better community? Ah right, because it is a lot of hard work to be be constructive and positive, while shout "DOOM" and "ITS CRAP" it is easier.... so who is really being lazy here for not making an effort, BW or you?

My problem with the CM is the "CM Exclusive" items.

As a pre-F2P subscriber, anything that was developed for the game was available in-game somehow, even if rare. That no longer applies, and now my subscription buys some things, but not all. That shift in policy diminishes the value of my subscription, and forces me to pay additionally now in order to have access to everything. In my opinion, EVERYTHING that is sold in the CM should be available to subscribers somehow via drop or credit purchase.

And what exactly are you doing to make these better forums?

Supporting BioWare by staying subbed so I can post on these forums. I rather be here helping things flow and have great disappointing disscussions. Let's be real, this forum would be a dead ghost town if it weren't for the negative nancys.