Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beattlebilly
12.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #31
IDK, I like the look of the Phantom chest in the game shot, I don't like that puffy collar thing that is shown in the cartel ad.

Also, on the Spymaster chest, where the heck is that red coming from???? I match it, and I get this blood red on my other pieces of armor, and while I don't mind the blood red color too much, I don't want that color, I want the white and grey that you see on the chest. So if you are matching to chest piece, and there is none of that color on the chest piece, what gives?
Jedi CovenantThe Paranormal LegacyPacific Trident Global Jundland Biscuits and Gravy

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

JovethGonzalez
12.12.2012 , 05:10 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!
Wait, wait no!!! Don't, I beg you! Preceptor's robe is fine as it is without the hood! I beg you, don't change preceptor's robe! Even the icon of it shows no hood. PLEASE, Mr. Gonzales! Or at least put a hood-down on the Preceptor's robe. I was really planning to get it for my Sage but if you're planning to add another hood I will change my mind. Please. No more hooded heads.

Cartel market's costumers' demands will be dealt with but what about subscribers? Especially long-term ones who kept supporting TOR until now. We were given very poor choice of player equipment and most of the advertised gear wasn't made available to player classes at all.
How come the armor pieces, which look differently from advertisement pics, from cartel shop are getting an immidiate response while there are so many sets missing or not looking as advertised (have hood up or additional armor attached) in player class related media (see my sig)? "The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos."

I implore you to look into this as well, as many were waiting patiently for nearly a year. How are cartel market costumers better than subscribers and everyone who bought and supported the game for the last year, especially since it was going under a difficult period for a long while. And yet we remained. All of my TOR friends unsubbed at least once. All of them. I honestly want to keep saying that this is the best game out there but I am really concerned with recent changes.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

iosifinig
12.12.2012 , 06:31 PM | #34
Please don't add that terrible thing to the Phantom chest. I like it how it is, that thing is terrible.

Radzkie
12.12.2012 , 06:36 PM | #35
EDIT: nevermind.

Denchet
12.12.2012 , 06:39 PM | #36
Please fix the color issue on the Investigator's Robe and all the other chest pieces that have the same problem (Consular Campaign chest, Consular WH chest, Inquisitor Columi chest, tons of others).

Please don't put horrible shoulder pads on gear that doesn't have them. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that every single chest piece in the game that has shoulder pads would look better without them.

HerrAwesome
12.12.2012 , 06:41 PM | #37
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/SWTO...20body%203.jpg

Please fix Revan's chest/helmet for body 3! It clips horribly!

Radzkie
12.12.2012 , 06:42 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Denchet View Post
Please fix the color issue on the Investigator's Robe and all the other chest pieces that have the same problem (Consular Campaign chest, Consular WH chest, Inquisitor Columi chest, tons of others).
YES! These all preview as one way and show up as another...Again, false advertising. The Consular Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard appear black or white depending on someones skin color. It's very frustrating and ruins endgame gear for me personally, since I stupidly picked light skin color for my main.

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2012 , 06:45 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
YES! These all preview as one way and show up as another...Again, false advertising. The Consular Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard appear black or white depending on someones skin color. It's very frustrating and ruins endgame gear for me personally, since I stupidly picked light skin color for my main.
Just don't forget the amount of player class promos in my sig with armor pieces not available to us in the advertised form They should be addressed, too. This is not fair what is happening.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Radzkie
12.12.2012 , 06:55 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Just don't forget the amount of player class promos in my sig with armor pieces not available to us in the advertised form They should be addressed, too. This is not fair what is happening.
Yes.

Also, with light skin color, I am always wary of buying any gear for my character including/especially stuff from the Cartel Market. Because they may preview one way, but appear another on my character. No items are safe for me.

It's been this way for so long, yet this has been completely and utterly ignored. That's probably because it's minor to BW/EA, but it's not minor to me since I use a glitched character every day.