Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kualan
12.12.2012 , 06:15 AM | #1
I couldn't find another thread addressing this, so here goes!

The images and screenshots that Bioware use to advertise its Cartel Packs both on this website and in-game do not accurately show what the items in question look like. The main offenders to this are the Spymaster, Preceptor and Phantom item sets.

They have the base 'mesh' correct, and it is textured as it is in the screenshot. However, all the extra "bits" attached to the outfit, the smaller additional meshes such as the Spymaster chestpiece's body armour, the Spymaster helmet's comm tech, the Preceptor's shoulder pads and the Phantom robe's accessories, are not there.

To see what I mean, compare the following:

What the game advertises the Preceptor and Phantom items to look like in-game: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/image.png

What they actually look like:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ceptor-set.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ntom-armor.jpg

Again, for the Spymaster set, it is advertised as having additional meshes to the helmet and chestpiece in-game: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/image42.png

But lacks them in-game:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...asterhelm1.jpg

I don't believe Bioware has intentionally cheated us, and that this is a genuine mistake on their part. Somehow, the base meshes for the chestpieces have been put into the game correctly, but the meshes for the additional accessories (possibly because of the fast-tracked pace they have set themselves to keep the Market updated) are not be inputted correctly.

Could we get clarification on this please? And, hopefully, an assurance that it will be fixed in the near future?
~The Progenitor~

The Drayson Legacy

SNCommand
12.12.2012 , 06:29 AM | #2
They do seem a bit flat compared to how they are advertised
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

MoFugga
12.12.2012 , 06:47 AM | #3
I can't really say for sure but the images from the advertisement are on male bodies, your ingame shots are on female bodies, there are some differences with many armors between genders.

again I can't say for sure that's what you are seeing, but it could be.

Elear
12.12.2012 , 06:49 AM | #4
There was another thread about it, somewhere.
Curiously enough, in that thread person complaining was also using female character, when all advertised images are males.

Stenrik
12.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MoFugga View Post
I can't really say for sure but the images from the advertisement are on male bodies, your ingame shots are on female bodies, there are some differences with many armors between genders.

again I can't say for sure that's what you are seeing, but it could be.
Ah, so they remove shoulders to make the female version lamer/less epic?
If so, GG Bioware...

Glzmo
12.12.2012 , 07:45 AM | #6
Bioware and their false advertisement. How often have we seen Hood-down Jedi Battlelord Armor when it's only available with hood up in the game in their promo pictures? Or screenshots with much higher resolution textures and higher polygon models than there are available in the game (even in cutscenes)? Way too often.

Kualan
12.12.2012 , 07:55 AM | #7
The gender doesn't make a difference to this particular issue. I'm using the dulfy images which happen to be female, but most of my characters in-game are male and this still exists as an issue .
~The Progenitor~

The Drayson Legacy

Journeyer
12.12.2012 , 08:00 AM | #8
Just out of curiosity, before buying, did you click the preview button on the armor? Did the preview look like the sample art on the Cartel pack image?

Curious to know because that was, to my mind, a bigger bug--and one that I *think* they fixed--where previews were doing goofy things like simulating hood-down options instead of what they actually looked like in-game.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Kualan
12.12.2012 , 10:10 AM | #9
The item preview shows the items as they appear in-game, but not as they are shown in the advertisements.
~The Progenitor~

The Drayson Legacy

MrSchmo
12.12.2012 , 10:25 AM | #10
Not saying its right or wrong as I have yet to seen it for myself, butů my Big Mac never looks as advertised either.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.