Other Ways to Celebrate Life Day and the Holidays

Tordos

Well, I see not all of us are happy about the new life day items exclusive from the cartel market so I thought I'd share some ideas that are not restrictive to having those Life Day items.

- Festive Colors -

Wear festive colors. Mix and match red, green, and white or other holiday themed colors.

example: red, green and even white lightsabers, for you and/or your companion! ranged weapons two!

example: dress in one of the above colors and ride a mount that is another of those colors.

example: wear one set of a color and have your companion in another festive color.

example: if you have some cartel items from the previous packs, use the red glowing eyes!

- Create A Jolly Alt -

You know... male, body type 4, wrinkled skin, white beard. Then buy sparkle powder from a repair droid and spread the cheer on starter worlds! Remember to be jolly. Snowmiser/Heatmiser for couples anyone?

- Holiday Shapes -

Form an ops group, and try to align yourselves in the shape of a stocking, star, candy-cane, tree, etc. Use long speeders if it helps and places like Hoth or Tattooine work well with large open areas. For those who like a challenge, color specify your shapes i.e. use only yellow for the star, green for the tree etc.) Take screenshots and share it on the forums or with your group.

- Party With The Pets -

Gather a large group of people and have everyone summon one specific pet. Groups of pets work as well, for example any kind of taun-taun. Gather in one location, like below the VIP area on fleet and dance away! Useable items like the flaregun, AoE effects, emotes and dance moves always add to the festivities.

- Mystery Gift -

This is something fun you can do in your guild or with friends. Have your guild leader or organizer draw names or use a random generated list to assign participating people for gift giving. Have everyone agree more or less on an amount, this also depends on the level range of the participants, and craft or buy item(s) for your person. It can be anonymous if you use numbers for the setup or you can tell the person. At a certain time, have everyone mail their items to their persons with a nice holiday wish/message. Alternatively, you could have everyone gather in one area and trade directly. It's the thought that counts, yes?

- Roleplay -

Speaks for itself. Reenact the Holiday Special, create your own holiday stories, make a Life Day story from an in-game encounter/event etc.

- Take it Outside -

Things don't always have to be in-game. Send your friend/leveling-buddy/guild member a card or e-mail wishing them a happy holiday season. If you're good at art, make a swtor holiday themed e-card or post on your guild website for others to enjoy. You can even arrange real life parties to celebrate Life Day, just be responsible and safe.

- Have Fun -

Spread some joy. Put aside the bugs and issues you have with the game for a moment and enjoy your holidays. Don't be discouraged from celebrating if you don't have the Life Day items, and likewise if you have them you don't have to stop there. Make this your event and share it with others.

Enjoy and please share your ideas.

Edited by Tordos

That would be a great way to roleplay Christmas. Not Life Day. Which is actually based on Thanksgiving, but is nonetheless distinct from any earthy holiday (although someone should have given the memo to BioWare).

I acknowledge those who stay true to the lore and think of Life Day as a distinct non-earth holiday. I also think, however, that people who associate it with a real holiday deserve the same opportunity to express their joy. It's really the idea and thought behind it.

I acknowledge those who stay true to the lore and think of Life Day as a distinct non-earth holiday. I also think, however, that people who associate it with a real holiday deserve the same opportunity to express their joy. It's really the idea and thought behind it.

I do appreciate the effort, and I apologize for my cynicism. It's just that the developers (I believe Daniel Erickson specifically, but I could be wrong), pre-release, specifically stated that there would be a Life Day event and they Star Wars holidays would not compromise immersion by alluding to real world events. Today marked the failure of BioWare to live up to their word on both counts.

I've defended virtually every decision BioWare has made until now. They've made a Grinch of me. I am not at all looking forward to the future of this game - the only thing BioWare gives freely these days are false promises of great things to come, eventually...