Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who LOVES 1.6?

Toasted_Coconuts
12.11.2012 , 11:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookubus View Post
our problem is that the grind we had to do to get said gear was wiped out, and now have to do it again
Correct, it's about time investment. It took time to run 500+ WZ in order to get geared. Kinda feel jilted. I agree pvp should not be about gear. But BW made it about gear since launch, now twice we have had to "gear up". Also I do not mind adding another level, cause it's progression, but removing the lower level is wrong.

imo everyone should just wear a standard set of pvp gear. no progression, no qq'ing, just face smashing fun.

I'd rather be rewarded for my time (and money) spent. Having the privilege to buy a holographic solstice tree is not rewarding.

In hind sight, I would have started playing Star Wars, oh, about 3 weeks ago, and I'd be a few hundred dollars richer.

Now I have Stockholm's syndrome and must give my abuser more money.

Wrthlessnoob
12.11.2012 , 11:36 PM | #12
Well 1.6 has shelved my concealment op that I spent quite a lot of time grinding for WH. Admittedly the spec is very gear dependent and can only "crush" lesser geared players. I don't want to be a bandwagon player and respec to heals till they give concealment another chance though, I'm fine playing on alts. Started pvping again on my Guardian, the first character I got to level 50, and have been enjoying it a lot. So overall I say the fact that a lot of grind is now made easy is made up for the fact that now I will be able to gear up my alts much more easily and can play the style I want to play and not just the character that I have invested the most time in.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa

Broin
12.11.2012 , 11:37 PM | #13
From what I can tell it is thousands of coms for only a few points of difference between the War Hero and the Elite.

Anyone else think as much?
#The Furious Angels#
Broin - Master of Emeritus
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

Erishumlol
12.12.2012 , 12:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I really value your opinion. You should make some more threads about how you don't like what you havent tried

Bahahaha, unbelievable some ppl eh?
Hulkgg - Marauder

DariusCalera
12.12.2012 , 12:49 AM | #15
Despise it.

More smash monkeys in WH gear.

DarthSabreth
12.12.2012 , 12:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
have seen an improvment overall in WZs already today. much more competitive matches overall, even when pugging vs some premades. should even get better as more people get into some WH gear.

oh and new WZ is fun.
Agreed, the gear desparity is going away, the pvp matches are fun and more chalanging. 1.6 rules, I love the new WZ alot, i hope BW makes more WZ's that have this kind of engaging play. the only issue is it harly ever pops, i still get HB and NC even more than what i usually do with a few CW and VS in between. I pvped for about 12 hours and it only poped 3 times for me in that whole time.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

DarthRaika
12.12.2012 , 12:52 AM | #17
My classes still aren't full wh but they are much closer and I'm loving it. I'm usually top on all of them since I have pvp'd for a long time but now it feels much better.

Also, and much more important, is that I've noticed matches seem more even. If we can just add in premade matching and cross server then instanced pvp will be set.

foxmob
12.12.2012 , 12:56 AM | #18
I like hypergate. it's a new set of mechanics for pvp.

however, the middle is a cluster*(&^. I think they developed it especially for the lolsmashers. it's very tight in there, like vstar doors w/o the open space to retreat back to. it's perfect for the smashers' instant cast aoe. ouch.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

ArchangelLBC
12.12.2012 , 12:59 AM | #19
Having put off the war hero body piece grind for awhile (I'd slowly ground out my elite war hero offhand after having gotten the elite war hero mainhand right after it came out), it was pretty nice to get three pieces of war hero and a piece of elite war hero after only one match (had almost capped normal comms and about 2k ranked comms before the patch. No I wasn't make it a point to cap them). Noticed a much bigger difference than I thought I would, and got enough expertise to get two campaign armorings to keep my set bonus, still have decent expertise, and finally have a look I actually like.

Love the changes so far. Only tried the new warzone once. Gonna take some getting used to.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Knockerz
12.12.2012 , 01:01 AM | #20
I like 1.6. It means I can gear up my alts. My sage I abandon cause the old gear grind was too much, this was back before recruit gear was in the game. The same is true of my commando healer. Having to grind bm, then the long trek for wh gear was too much grinding for mere alt. That's why I stopped and only focus on my mains.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess