Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You paying $20 for Life Day event items (minus the event)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You paying $20 for Life Day event items (minus the event)?

Fantazm
12.11.2012 , 06:56 PM | #11
No.

Because it all looks terrible.

and although that would have been the way I would have preferred, there was never any mention of an event, people just made it up in their own minds and assumed.

CrazyCanukk
12.11.2012 , 06:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Really Bioware? You have the balls to charge 2400 cc (20 dollars) for Life Day items we should have got for FREE, WITH an in-game event? I know the first round of CC shop items were a huge financial success, but now you're just being greedy!

I strongly urge the rest of you to boycott this nonsense.
dont like it dont buy it...people that like it will buy it. Its their money, they earned it and they can spend it how they want. As i said in another post ( to someone else of course)..you would probably be the 1st person to tell someone else to mind their own damn business if they started telling you how to spend your money. dare i say if you listed everything you purchased in the last month we could find a few items we think are frivolous expenses and questioning you why you made those purchases. But no one will because thats your money and your choice.

People can't scream freedom of choice and quote the constitution on one hand and criticize others for excersizing that right on the other.

Slurmez
12.11.2012 , 07:16 PM | #13
Really Bioware? You have the balls to charge 2400 cc (20 dollars) for Life Day items we should have got for FREE, WITH an in-game event? I know the first round of CC shop items were a huge financial success, but now you're just being greedy!

Not only that but they claim its 35% off, which is interesting given its never been on sale before to have its original price advertised in order to be discounted.

ViciousFett
12.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #14
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP

Igax
12.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Not only that but they claim its 35% off, which is interesting given its never been on sale before to have its original price advertised in order to be discounted.
I noticed this as well, but I let it go as most brick stores pull the same shame these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

dscount
12.11.2012 , 07:31 PM | #16
Yup.. Cash grab for the holidays at EA. I'm not buying any of that crap for two reasons.
  1. UGLY and not creative (I can't believe that mount was called "Amazing" by Jeff)
  2. Prices are stupid high (3 Months worth of coins or shell out $20 - Screw that)
Now I did save a few hundred coins for any "cool" items. That GLOBE is about the only thing worth it.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Sydexlic
12.11.2012 , 07:38 PM | #17

Kind of smart. This is why f2p models are so successful, there are always enough idiots to make it eminently profitable. As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

jedip_enguin
12.11.2012 , 07:40 PM | #18
I agree the price is pretty silly, but it doesn't really bother me that much, as I had no intention of paying for it.

Eventually they will figure out that people are not going to drop that kind of money on stupid crap and prices will become more reasonable.

Or those with more money than sense will buy enough of them that EA will see it as a good plan which will cause the price to inflate further and the world will implode.

But that almost never happens.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

BrianDavion
12.11.2012 , 07:41 PM | #19
I hope none of our F2Pers shelled out for an event item equip card in anticipation of a lifeday event

Jnaathra
12.11.2012 , 07:44 PM | #20
-Recalls full Life Day event in SWG-
-Recalls earning all the items from the event-

-giggles- suckers...