Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't I buy CARTEL COINS?!?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Terin
12.11.2012 , 06:32 PM | #1
We've been asking this issue for weeks now, and we've yet to get any sort of response, to my knowledge. When is this going to be fixed? Will it be fixed in time for for Life Day? I want to be able to make my purchases, and I know for a fact my Credit Card is fine to be charged, as I was just recently charged for my monthly subscription again.

Please; just TALK to us! Let us know what's going on, and when we can expect a fix. And please, if for some reason you CAN'T get this all sorted out before Life Day ends, would you just grant us these items in good faith? It's not our fault we can't purchase the Cartel Coins necessary to buy them ourselves

KristianB
12.11.2012 , 06:56 PM | #2
Glad to see someone stressing the urgency of this,
And for me actually not so much the urgency of being able to buy cartel coins again, but more just to get some sort of feedback on what the current situation is.

The community has posted ~1170 post's (mostly 1 post per affected user) about this and in return gotten a grand total of 6 pre-typed messages saying "we are sorry, we will update you, this is a top priority for us"

I mean it clearly is not a top priority since the developer tracker has meantioned nothing of it in the week this issue has apparently existed.

Really sad to see so many customers being let down repeatedly when all they really want to do is help forward the production of a game they enjoy on a regular basis.

Vallon
12.11.2012 , 06:57 PM | #3
I would really like some feedback on this anything really
Given the choice to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw at one's destiny what is a King to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice one can only hope to match move for move the machinations of Fate and thus defy the tyrannous Stars.

Terin
12.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #4
That's what's so sad about this whole ordeal; if they would actually get the Cartel Coins working correctly, they actually *WOULD* be making money! I mean, there are a lot of people complaining about the issue, and you know that every single one of those people is going to spend a MINIMUM of $5, probably more in many cases.

It's just frustrating, because I *REALLY* want to get those Life Day items before they retire, not to mention they're marked-down right now. As well, I'd also *REALLY* like to be able to purchase some of the new Packs, for a shot at the Revan armor.

If I could actually purchase Coins, I'd be super excited, and BioWare would be making a lot of money off of me. As it stands, they're making nothing, and I'm constantly worrying whether or not I'll be able to purchase the items before they retire.

McLemore
12.11.2012 , 07:24 PM | #5
Had the same issue today. Was glitchy when it first started now I can't buy any at all and my card is fine. The bank is fine. You could easily make a couple hundred of me today Bioware. Takez my money!
Bergen Colony Born and Bred

WolfLinkx
12.12.2012 , 05:04 AM | #6
Having the exact same problem here! Luckily, I had some remaining cartel coins from a week or so ago, so I was able to buy a few of the Life Day Cartel Packs today, and actually got some really good stuff!

- Multiple Cyan-Blue color crystals
- Revan's Lower Robes and his Upper Chest Armor
- The new Trooper Assault Cannon
- And the new speeder (Royal speeder, not the Life Day speeder)

So as everyone else has put it, BIOWARE TAKE MY MONEY PLZ

Terin
12.12.2012 , 11:36 AM | #7
Seriously, could we just get someone to chime in on this? As I said, if nothing else, I *REALLY* want to be able to get that Life Day pack, but if it isn't going to get fixed by then, it'd be nice to get an alternative.

SomethingCleaver
12.12.2012 , 11:50 AM | #8
Same here, cant buy any. Bioware take my money please!

Did the following:

Cleared IE cache, history etc...
Tried in Firefox
Tried in Crome
Tried on different computer
Tried different payment options (In all 3 browsers)

thamightyboro
12.12.2012 , 12:01 PM | #9
make more than 3 purchases in a 24 hr period = lockout for 24 hrs

make more than 8 transactions (note failiures count as well) in a 30 day period get locked out for 30 days

That's what I am led to believe is happening from 14 hrs of phone calls to them.

So the stupid system that tells you "general error please try again later" after that initial lockout only makes things worse for you.

Example

Purchase 3 x in 24 hrs = lockout
Try a 4th receive general error so you try again later = 24 hr lockout reinstated
repeat until your locked out for 30 days as fraud prevention.

Once your on the 30 day lock you will get errors like.

"We cannot bill to that card at this time" if attempting with a card
"An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." If attempting with Paypal

My issue was escalated 3 weeks ago of course I haven't received a response but that doesn't surprise there's less than 30% of the staff there was at launch with most having been moved onto general EA support for FIFA, ME and BF.

All information is in the public domain or gleamed from speaking to your advisor's via telephone and further info from forums.

Don't get me wrong they managed to fudge through a means for it at least to take my subscription which I am appreciative of but these other issues have gone on long enough, if you can't fix the issue then you need to make it plainly clear what will and won't cause these lockouts and get that not in a FAQ but on the front page before more become affected by it.

We need to know if it is as I am lead to believe and x number per day and x per 30 day cycle will cause these locks.

I work on a game where 5 card purchases in 30 days will lock that account to card puchases for 30 days there is absolutely nothing I can do it about it, it's a limitation of our 3rd party provider, did I hide the fact and just hide when it happened NO I immediately got a post up informing people of this so they could stay within the limits and advised them that even if it did happen they can still use Paypal or any of the other payment options we provide.

It all comes back to the problem Bioware has had since launch with the exception of Amber who I think is a awesome CM and that is one of communication. There is none 9/10 times they just bury their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

Terin
12.12.2012 , 12:22 PM | #10
Good lord, I hope that's not the case!! I mean, seriously; how are you going to have a Free-to-Play game with those kinds of restrictions? At the very least, like you said, they should make the issue known if that is indeed the problem we're all experiencing.

And if it is, they should at least throw us a bone and make sure we're able to acquire those "Limited Edition" items that we're being blocked from purchasing.