Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new space missions

Nucairion
12.11.2012 , 05:35 PM | #1
anyone feel like new spaces missions are waste of time im all for a challenge dont get me wrong but u have to complete all of them to get the quest for bh comms and even then its only 2 coms and no creds. wasted cartel coins on armour upgrades for ship coz bioware dont explain how many comms it gave
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Mossesman
12.11.2012 , 05:38 PM | #2
Wow its only 2 comms for the daily? Thanks for warning me before i wasted coins on the starship upgrades
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Swartsin
12.11.2012 , 09:21 PM | #3
I was able to get all the rank 7 upgrades without spending Cartel Coins, for one toon so far, 4 of my alts pooled together their resources in forms of Daily Commendations, Fleet Commendations and credits, purchasing ship upgrades and schematics for my smuggler cybertechie.. luckely I had enough resources stashed away to get the rank 7 full ship outfit within a few hours, including crafting time of the 3 items from schematics.

True they cost a bundle in mats, but.. doable if spending time on it. Mats can be gained from rank 8 crafting boxes, 200 Fleet commendations each, can give from 1-5 of either exotic mat needed.

Upside to this is, all of the rank 7 ship upgrade stuff is BoE, meaning it can be mailed to alts until bonded by equipping a ship.
Downside is: Even with the full rank 7 outfit, the missions themselves are pretty frustratingly difficult, some off them pure hairpullers.. and the rewards.. well.. had to complete all 6 before any weeklies showed up, which appear a tad strange.. and afterwards, it only show 2 weeklies, one consisting of the hardest of the missions on its own, and the second is, surprise, the same mission + another of the more difficult ones.

Considering it's weekly stuff, then yeah the reward seam a bit low.. for only 2 actual rewarding "weekly" missions.
More disappointing was discovering that a third weekly was in the rooster to accept, but could not be accepted because of not being "eligible".
I had 17/25 missions in my log, so had plenty of room for it.
My inventory had more than 20 empty spaces, so could not be the reason either.
I had completed all 6 "trial missions" and the 2 weekly missions after that.. so why a mission pops up that cannot be accepted is beyond me.

Hope it's an error.. as 6 missions indicate those 6 missions would be included in the full weekly, not just 2 of them, with a 3rd that can't be accepted.

If all 6 were mend to be available as weekly's, then the combined end reward would be worth it, lots of fleet, black hole and daily commendations, but for only 2 a week.. not so much.

Nucairion
12.11.2012 , 10:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Swartsin View Post
I was able to get all the rank 7 upgrades without spending Cartel Coins, for one toon so far, 4 of my alts pooled together their resources in forms of Daily Commendations, Fleet Commendations and credits, purchasing ship upgrades and schematics for my smuggler cybertechie.. luckely I had enough resources stashed away to get the rank 7 full ship outfit within a few hours, including crafting time of the 3 items from schematics.

True they cost a bundle in mats, but.. doable if spending time on it. Mats can be gained from rank 8 crafting boxes, 200 Fleet commendations each, can give from 1-5 of either exotic mat needed.

Upside to this is, all of the rank 7 ship upgrade stuff is BoE, meaning it can be mailed to alts until bonded by equipping a ship.
Downside is: Even with the full rank 7 outfit, the missions themselves are pretty frustratingly difficult, some off them pure hairpullers.. and the rewards.. well.. had to complete all 6 before any weeklies showed up, which appear a tad strange.. and afterwards, it only show 2 weeklies, one consisting of the hardest of the missions on its own, and the second is, surprise, the same mission + another of the more difficult ones.

Considering it's weekly stuff, then yeah the reward seam a bit low.. for only 2 actual rewarding "weekly" missions.
More disappointing was discovering that a third weekly was in the rooster to accept, but could not be accepted because of not being "eligible".
I had 17/25 missions in my log, so had plenty of room for it.
My inventory had more than 20 empty spaces, so could not be the reason either.
I had completed all 6 "trial missions" and the 2 weekly missions after that.. so why a mission pops up that cannot be accepted is beyond me.

Hope it's an error.. as 6 missions indicate those 6 missions would be included in the full weekly, not just 2 of them, with a 3rd that can't be accepted.

If all 6 were mend to be available as weekly's, then the combined end reward would be worth it, lots of fleet, black hole and daily commendations, but for only 2 a week.. not so much.
i understand wot ur saying that there were better option to aquirring the G7 upgrades but i rarely do space missions but was intregued by the challange and since im just starting to quit smoking i spent a little on points to get them that way as i figured wot the hell maybe worth it maybe not but nothing better to spend my cash on since paid for christmas stuff already. and my problem isnt that i spent the points to get them thats ALL ON ME and was my choice but considering how challanging they are and the rewards u get for me its not worth the mats which is extremely high per item and on gtn there gonna cost alot considering the mats and the fact the comms u need to get the schematics the rewards seem abit substanderd but that is also not so much an issue as it would be foolish to expect them to be high reward of bh comms as it would be stupid but the lack of credits i recieved on missions was the let down. maybe its a bug or i missed somehting having not done all the missions but my main issue is why couldnt bw have been more upfront with exactly wot rewards u got so that you could choice yourself weather the rewards justified the expense or not. but spending the amount of creds on the mats or wot ever should justify credit rewards from the missions
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Comstrike
12.11.2012 , 10:49 PM | #5
Space is a waste in this game generally. Just another grind. They need a real JTL expansion to provide any lasting gameplay value.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

ThunderDownundr
12.11.2012 , 10:55 PM | #6
Yes what a joke I spent $10 on cartel coins so I could get the T7 **** and what do I get 2 god dam BH coms. What a total waist of time and money.
Blunt Force Trauma

Tanric
12.11.2012 , 10:56 PM | #7
OK this will sound awful, but is anyone else getting ill playing the new space missions? The screen movements are so jerky I can barely get through one without feeling the urge to throw up. I've heard of the vomit comet, but seriously this is just a video game.

Nucairion
12.11.2012 , 11:00 PM | #8
not me but everyone is different and reacts different to such things ie im gettig the worst side effect frm nicotine patches but some people dont get any. try having a break and trying again

Driftwood_D
12.11.2012 , 11:09 PM | #9
I re-subbed for a month, mostly for the CC, but I (unlike many others) really enjoy the space missions. Totally disappointed though. Definitely "pay to win" now, and even IF you get all the t7 upgrades for your ship (and don't fool yourself, they're NOT optional... you MUST have them to last even seconds in the new missions), the missions are stupidly difficult for the reward you get. Might as well just run the old level 50 missions. The rewards are the same without spending CC/credits/comms on upgrades.
Mission-wise: No fun at all. Rather than being more challenging, they're just same shooter on rails but the enemy hits ridiculously hard. Total waste of time, and my sub will run out in 3 days and not be renewed.

ConradLionhart
12.11.2012 , 11:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
anyone feel like new spaces missions are waste of time im all for a challenge dont get me wrong but u have to complete all of them to get the quest for bh comms and even then its only 2 coms and no creds. wasted cartel coins on armour upgrades for ship coz bioware dont explain how many comms it gave
So you can get at most 2 BH commendations per day from the new space missions?