Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... how's the new bg doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So... how's the new bg doing?

Rylorn
12.14.2012 , 04:02 AM | #41
Loving it.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

POPsi
12.14.2012 , 04:22 AM | #42
Don't play much with pre-made groups so it is not ideal for me, especially because more than half of the time we go against pre-mades being able to communicate. Once you have that you've pretty much won this wz. Otherwise it would be cool- if it actually pops. Yesterday I rage-switched to alt because I got voidstar 3 times in a row.

Polebreaker
12.14.2012 , 04:33 AM | #43
After playing it a few times tonight, dont really care for it. Maybe it'll get better once people figure it out, or maybe it was just the premades running rampant as usual.

However, as regards the warzone rules, is there any specific reason to avoid the big blow up from the pylons? Does your own death add to the enemy's score, or is it just a fake? Seems like it's just as easy to run back from spawn and you run no risk of feeding the enemy's score by going to an overpowered middle area.

ArchangelLBC
12.14.2012 , 05:02 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
After playing it a few times tonight, dont really care for it. Maybe it'll get better once people figure it out, or maybe it was just the premades running rampant as usual.

However, as regards the warzone rules, is there any specific reason to avoid the big blow up from the pylons? Does your own death add to the enemy's score, or is it just a fake? Seems like it's just as easy to run back from spawn and you run no risk of feeding the enemy's score by going to an overpowered middle area.
I was thinking about that actually. Seems to me it's actually beneficial to let yourself be killed, though maybe it's a shorter run back from the middle than it is from the spawnpoint. Of course you're always at half health at best coming back from the spawn point, but who knows?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Banderal
12.14.2012 , 05:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I was thinking about that actually. Seems to me it's actually beneficial to let yourself be killed, though maybe it's a shorter run back from the middle than it is from the spawnpoint. Of course you're always at half health at best coming back from the spawn point, but who knows?
Are you guaranteed that the spawn door will open right away if you've died from the blow up? I haven't noticed myself (even though I've died enough times in the explosions that I ought to know), but if not that might be a reason to try to get to mid. That door can take a long time to open.

Plus I'm usually down in health after leaving the spawn spot anyway, since I haven't figured out a sure-fire way to drop without falling too far and taking fall-damage.

ArchangelLBC
12.14.2012 , 05:35 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Are you guaranteed that the spawn door will open right away if you've died from the blow up? I haven't noticed myself (even though I've died enough times in the explosions that I ought to know), but if not that might be a reason to try to get to mid. That door can take a long time to open.

Plus I'm usually down in health after leaving the spawn spot anyway, since I haven't figured out a sure-fire way to drop without falling too far and taking fall-damage.

Was in there on my commando today so I was always dead when the explosion hit. Door was open every time. When I went back on shadow I was dying on purpose and same thing. Explosion seems to clear the doors. They actually open at the start I think so the important thing is to not run out till AFTER the explosion is done.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Banderal
12.14.2012 , 07:57 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Was in there on my commando today so I was always dead when the explosion hit. Door was open every time. When I went back on shadow I was dying on purpose and same thing. Explosion seems to clear the doors. They actually open at the start I think so the important thing is to not run out till AFTER the explosion is done.
Huh... then a good strategy might be to stealth over to the enemy pylon just as the warning goes off, and then cap it while they are all running for the center. I wonder if you could get it quick enough to keep them from getting their potential points for kills. (I read that if you don't own a pylon at the end of a "round" then you lose any points you've accumulated for kills that round.)

Glower
12.14.2012 , 08:16 AM | #48
Huh... then a good strategy might be to stealth over to the enemy pylon just as the warning goes off, and then cap it while they are all running for the center. I wonder if you could get it quick enough to keep them from getting their potential points for kills. (I read that if you don't own a pylon at the end of a "round" then you lose any points you've accumulated for kills that round.)
U cant cap anything after last warning.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

islander
12.14.2012 , 08:25 AM | #49
I like it, and I do mostly like huttball. It's just huttball has hands down the most lag in it of all the warzones, and of course this is the warzone you can afford mistiming the least...

edit: Oh, and I believe if you die in the explosion, its points for your opponent just like if they kill you.

Not to mention the satisfaction out of making someone die via knockback or whatever
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Polebreaker
12.14.2012 , 10:19 AM | #50
I died in the explosion on purpose a few times as well, and yeah, the shield is down every time so there's no wait to get out and no disengaging from a melee at the center to run back and go get the pylon again. I couldnt see any jump in the score or anything, but I'm still not really sure how that bizarro scoreboard works....
And what IS the point with the wz's that have the huge damaging drop on leaving the spawn lol..? Just seems stupid and an additional FU for having died. In this one you have to basically have no speed when dropping off the ledge so you dont land further down the ramp and past the falldamage threshold... stupid....