Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... how's the new bg doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So... how's the new bg doing?

Technohic
12.11.2012 , 11:01 PM | #21
Green gate should have arrows pointing to the sides.

I only got one out of about 15 matches tonight. Really; they need to turn up the frequency for the new WZ. I am so tired of NC; it isn't even funny any more. Seriously, had a lot of WZs where people just left as soon as they saw it wasn't the new one. It showed potential with some walls and different positions, I just need to see more of it to judge.

I did cover pulse 3 people out of the safety area at just the right time though. That was cool.

Jaiyne
12.11.2012 , 11:20 PM | #22
Really like the new WZ. There are so many ways you can win the match, it's more interesting to play it. I look forward to seeing the good teams meet up in ranked. Really fun map!
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

Wrthlessnoob
12.11.2012 , 11:27 PM | #23
I've played a few matches of it, and it is refreshing to have something new. Obviously that will wear off soon enough, but it is an interesting match type and is quite fun to play with a decent team.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa

Banderal
12.12.2012 , 05:19 AM | #24
I got 2 of them in the 3 hours or so I was playing last night. The first one I typed "never played this before, feel free to shout instructions in chat" when we started, whereupon a couple people did, and then we went on to win. The second one someone also typed in some instructions, and it looked to me like people were trying to follow them, but we were overmatched and lost.

I agree with the poster(s) that said it seems very fast. It feels like you just have time to sort of get "settled" and then the explosion goes off and everything resets. But I think I like it. I was worried it was going to be mostly a 1-v-1 deathmatch map (which I read somewhere), which I don't like (because I suck at straight up 1-v-1 fights). But it didn't feel like that to me at all (maybe because I was one of the people focused on getting and keeping the pylons?).

vengefuler
12.12.2012 , 05:32 AM | #25
lol its sux someone stealing pylon before the exp then gg.its all about stealthers

wojtekimiolczyk
12.12.2012 , 05:46 AM | #26
Kinda not liking it but not because of it's mechanics or the map layout just because people don't have a f*** clue what to do in there, 3 out of 4 hypergates my team had tons of dmg still we lost because the wz ain't about dmg seems like most of imps just wanna kill and that's all they care about :P

Atramar
12.12.2012 , 05:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by wojtekimiolczyk View Post
Kinda not liking it but not because of it's mechanics or the map layout just because people don't have a f*** clue what to do in there, 3 out of 4 hypergates my team had tons of dmg still we lost because the wz ain't about dmg seems like most of imps just wanna kill and that's all they care about :P
was same with huttball for a while. peeps will get it in time.
speaking for my self too, since had no chance to play it last night, so I will be 'that guy' first 2 times prodobly..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Knockerz
12.12.2012 , 06:00 AM | #28
I got to play it a few times today on both my reps and imps. It's an interesting wz.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Knockerz
12.12.2012 , 06:02 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I got 2 of them in the 3 hours or so I was playing last night. The first one I typed "never played this before, feel free to shout instructions in chat" when we started, whereupon a couple people did, and then we went on to win. The second one someone also typed in some instructions, and it looked to me like people were trying to follow them, but we were overmatched and lost.

I agree with the poster(s) that said it seems very fast. It feels like you just have time to sort of get "settled" and then the explosion goes off and everything resets. But I think I like it. I was worried it was going to be mostly a 1-v-1 deathmatch map (which I read somewhere), which I don't like (because I suck at straight up 1-v-1 fights). But it didn't feel like that to me at all (maybe because I was one of the people focused on getting and keeping the pylons?).
The fighting in center is where it's mostly 1v1. It's a small area. Thus, when the explosion happens there are a lot of players in there.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

CraigTheMerc
12.12.2012 , 06:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Toasted_Coconuts View Post
Dislike

Hyper garbage embodies everything I dislike about pvp in TOR

1. Stun Fuster style map lay out
2. Low roof melee area limits visibility
3. Gear towards more 1v1 style pvp
4. Insta death mechanic

I'll still play it when it pops, I have Stockholm's Syndrome (err, wink?)
So it is geared toward more 1 vs 1? God have mercy on the Mercs....
Craìg - 50 Merc
Craíg - 25 Jedi