Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lock Out timer for Abandoning Early

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lock Out timer for Abandoning Early

Gandrake
12.11.2012 , 03:05 PM | #1
There needs to be a severe penalty for leaving war zones early. There will be the occasional crash, but, so many people get in a wz and don't like the results they are seeing on the board and just leave. So the next bunch of people in the q get flooded into their spots usually in a losing... almost over match.

I have been in roughly 12 matches today and 10 of them were matches already in session. Roughly 8 of these there was less than 2 minutes left of play time in a losing match. I always jump right in and go for as many medals as I can, but, if I don't get the minimum medals then I don't get any points, cash, etc... It's just annoying.

It should be a progressive system too for people that continuously quit early should get the times lengthened. I know that will never happen, but, other games have tracked players that behave badly and given them increased penalties.

Theodulus
12.11.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
Join the quitters and never look back. That or premade and don't suffer from backfilling.

Lionflash
12.11.2012 , 03:11 PM | #3
I am in favor of this. Even if you crash randomly or have a real life emergency. The other day my character was frozen in place, he could turn in place but couldn't move and he was stuck in the respawn zone. Basically I had to wait until the game kicked me out...

...but even tho, I would gladly take the debuff or timer if it meant it would cut down the quitters.

Technohic
12.11.2012 , 03:13 PM | #4
You would just encourage in game quitters who don't leave. Just hanging out talking trash.

Answer is to encourage participation with comms even if you lose completely (even if without 3 medals). Still less than winning, but better than just quitting all together. Once you do that, then you can lock them out for the duration of what the match lasts they left.

Kerensk
12.12.2012 , 04:57 AM | #5
I agree to locking them out of the queue until the match they left finishes (plus a few seconds for the people in match to re-queue).

It gives the people who were punished by back-filling to get back into a good game before the rage quitter takes up the slot.
It's not as brutal is taking away or limiting commendations/XP/credits.
And if they had to leave for a real world emergency they'll be away from the computer a few minutes anyway and they won't notice the buffer.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

DarthMaulUK
12.12.2012 , 05:07 AM | #6
Oh good another day and another pointless warzone quitter thread. People quit for a reason, if you learned to play, ppl probably wont quit. Personally, I will always quit a wz if there are too many idiots not calling inc, fighting away from nodes, not attacking/moving for a pass in huttball.

If ppl upped their game, then things will improve, now jog on back to your Wii.

Totaltrash
12.12.2012 , 05:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I am in favor of this. Even if you crash randomly or have a real life emergency. The other day my character was frozen in place, he could turn in place but couldn't move and he was stuck in the respawn zone. Basically I had to wait until the game kicked me out...

...but even tho, I would gladly take the debuff or timer if it meant it would cut down the quitters.
So you would willingly take the punishment for a bug that EAware has failed to correct SINCE LAUNCH even though it was reported countless times, over and over again?

No wonder corporations ride roughshod over customers these days....they are begging for it!

Evolixe
12.12.2012 , 05:27 AM | #8
Not really experiencing this issue, maybe you have to look into the mirror?
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Royox
12.12.2012 , 05:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Oh good another day and another pointless warzone quitter thread. People quit for a reason, if you learned to play, ppl probably wont quit. Personally, I will always quit a wz if there are too many idiots not calling inc, fighting away from nodes, not attacking/moving for a pass in huttball.

If ppl upped their game, then things will improve, now jog on back to your Wii.

This.

When I'm playing alderaan and we lose 1 Turret withouth nobody calling for help I just leave. If they don't wanna win I won't lose my time there.

Knockerz
12.12.2012 , 05:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You would just encourage in game quitters who don't leave. Just hanging out talking trash.

Answer is to encourage participation with comms even if you lose completely (even if without 3 medals). Still less than winning, but better than just quitting all together. Once you do that, then you can lock them out for the duration of what the match lasts they left.
This is what will happen. People will just go afk and press the space bar every minute or so to avoid being kicked.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc