Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for scrapper changes

randiesel
12.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #11
I have to agree with what Flak said, Shadows do just better overall and Scrappers have either quit or rerolled because of it. Problem is that Scrappers are just a lot of fun, so I still choose to play mine.

Honestly, I think we need an execute as well as have our moves normalized to the burst other classes are able to do now. The class was designed too close to a WoW rogue and has the same flaws that class did from years ago. But, a shadow step or similar ability would only cause for more bitterness from ranged classes, so I don't think that's the way to go.

One thing that I think could be done, and I know I'd get crap from fellow Scrappers by suggesting it, is change the Soot First knockdown to a snare instead of a stun. You're catching the person by surprise as it is, and you can position yourself for your next move no matter how they react with a snare. All we ever hear about is herding Scrappers because of our stuns, and there are still those bads who use the old SF > BB > Vanish SF routine because they can't fight outside stealth. Stealth is a crutch and is relied to heavily on.

I just say increase our output a bit, snare instead of a stun and nobody needs to keep up the old argument about us having too many stuns.

Xinika
12.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
I have to agree with what Flak said, Shadows do just better overall and Scrappers have either quit or rerolled because of it. Problem is that Scrappers are just a lot of fun, so I still choose to play mine.

Honestly, I think we need an execute as well as have our moves normalized to the burst other classes are able to do now. The class was designed too close to a WoW rogue and has the same flaws that class did from years ago. But, a shadow step or similar ability would only cause for more bitterness from ranged classes, so I don't think that's the way to go.

One thing that I think could be done, and I know I'd get crap from fellow Scrappers by suggesting it, is change the Soot First knockdown to a snare instead of a stun. You're catching the person by surprise as it is, and you can position yourself for your next move no matter how they react with a snare. All we ever hear about is herding Scrappers because of our stuns, and there are still those bads who use the old SF > BB > Vanish SF routine because they can't fight outside stealth. Stealth is a crutch and is relied to heavily on.

I just say increase our output a bit, snare instead of a stun and nobody needs to keep up the old argument about us having too many stuns.
That's a good point, but...

Hey Zab.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

randiesel
12.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
That's a good point, but...

Hey Zab.
No idea where you're going with that but...

Anyhow, I happened across your video on Shadows on the forums last week. Very well done. I was curious since I wanted to level one. Props.

Xinika
12.12.2012 , 05:04 PM | #14
No idea where you're going with that but...

Anyhow, I happened across your video on Shadows on the forums last week. Very well done. I was curious since I wanted to level one. Props.
Okay, have fun and if you need help let me know in game. However, I must warn you that the class will not solve all your problems.

On a serious note: I know you guys complain that Shadows do more DPS, etc, but you have a god-like healing tree that's a staple in serious competitive play. Why not use it?

For me, if Spec A doesn't work... I'd simply switch to Spec B. All-rounding your class is the best way to work.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

randiesel
12.12.2012 , 05:59 PM | #15
Healing has never been my thing, and I've never been any good at it. And I didn't roll a scoundrel or operative to heal, I rolled it to play as dps.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that all classes/specs should have equal chance in both pve and pvp. That would be, if BW stepped up and did something.

I'm not looking to reroll, just interested in a shadow as an alt and to play the last story I haven't played.

Xinika
12.12.2012 , 07:33 PM | #16
Healing has never been my thing, and I've never been any good at it. And I didn't roll a scoundrel or operative to heal, I rolled it to play as dps.
I didn't want to play tank spec at first, but I ended up playing my class for what it is. A Shadow. Not a Balance Shadow or a KC Shadow. Just a plain Shadow.

Quote:
Call me old fashioned, but I believe that all classes/specs should have equal chance in both pve and pvp. That would be, if BW stepped up and did something.
Theoretically that would be a fine idea, but in reality, its implementation is nigh impossible and furthermore - costly.

Quote:
I'm not looking to reroll, just interested in a shadow as an alt and to play the last story I haven't played.
Sure
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Krayshawn
12.13.2012 , 08:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I didn't want to play tank spec at first, but I ended up playing my class for what it is. A Shadow. Not a Balance Shadow or a KC Shadow. Just a plain Shadow.
But you don't HAVE to play it as a tank, Balance is extremely viable and very diverse, also, as a tank you can still put up those numbers and get some good solos... on a scoundrel, it is very disappointing that so many ranked teams are trying to force them to conform to the FOTM healing tree. Maybe Healing isn't your Forte, at least with your tank tree you can still mow people down...

BTW isn't tank tree a KC shadow?
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

randiesel
12.13.2012 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
But you don't HAVE to play it as a tank, Balance is extremely viable and very diverse, also, as a tank you can still put up those numbers and get some good solos... on a scoundrel, it is very disappointing that so many ranked teams are trying to force them to conform to the FOTM healing tree. Maybe Healing isn't your Forte, at least with your tank tree you can still mow people down...

BTW isn't tank tree a KC shadow?
Regardless, you should still play what you find most fun, it's a game not a job. I play for fun an I don't find healing fun, that's just me personally.

Plus a scoundrel's trees are so diverse compared to a shadow. Even tanking, all 3 are melee damage. A scoundrel would be either melee damage, mid-range damage or healing where yoi don't do damage unless you're particularly skilled like Neb. I prefer melee damage, so that's why I play. I suspect Whatever I post will have a counter-argument added to it no matter what my answer, so I'lll leave it at that.

Krayshawn
12.13.2012 , 10:29 AM | #19
Regardless, you should still play what you find most fun, it's a game not a job. I play for fun an I don't find healing fun, that's just me personally.

Plus a scoundrel's trees are so diverse compared to a shadow. Even tanking, all 3 are melee damage. A scoundrel would be either melee damage, mid-range damage or healing where yoi don't do damage unless you're particularly skilled like Neb. I prefer melee damage, so that's why I play. I suspect Whatever I post will have a counter-argument added to it no matter what my answer, so I'lll leave it at that.
Fight The Power! Don't be forced to play what you don't want!
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

dego-harmonium
12.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #20
beside the 15% to healing while shield probe is active most of the skills are worth training in the healing tree, there isnít really any "Well I guess this one sucks the least" skill you need to train to access the next tier of skills in that tree.
the pve energy management for concealment is horrid, if they just removed the energy cost of acid blade I think our dps would be fine, and possibly gave ops another in combat stealth that didnít break combat like force camo, we could toss out an extra hidden strike every min or so to gain another TA so we wouldnít be constantly sacrificing a lacerate for a stim boost, ive heard other people toss around the idea to a dmg boost to backstab when a target is under 30% which wouldnt be a horrible idea for a lack of an execute.
Arterial