Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Outrageous!

Totaltrash
12.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #11
Ah, fan boys - I should have known.

You guys were probably not even playing when BM gear was devalued.

8 months ago, there were no plans for another pvp gear set, nor were there any announcement that future gear sets would also require a trade-in. Until today, the BM-to-WH gear trade-in was unique.

I bet if they would have done that to PVE gear, all hell would break lose. But screwing the PVP'ers has become modus operandi for EAware and apparently the PVP'ers put up with it.

Technohic
12.11.2012 , 01:02 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post

8 months ago, there were no plans for another pvp gear set, nor were there any announcement that future gear sets would also require a trade-in. Until today, the BM-to-WH gear trade-in was unique.

I bet if they would have done that to PVE gear, all hell would break lose. But screwing the PVP'ers has become modus operandi for EAware and apparently the PVP'ers put up with it.
I thought for sure they said when WH comes out that there would be more gear. Particularly, better looking gear. While the EWH gear does not fit that better looking part; I never felt like there would be no more gear at all.

Jadescythe
12.11.2012 , 01:02 PM | #13

Not too much offense intended, I try to stay positive on the forums, but your argument is the same as your username bud.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Capt_Beers
12.11.2012 , 01:02 PM | #14
Yeah and we should all get a comm refund for the WH gear we already bought.

And a refund of all creds we spent remodding gear.

Oh wait, no we shouldn't that would be shoelace eating crazy. It amazes me how many people are complaining about things like this.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Pvtcarnage
12.11.2012 , 01:07 PM | #15
Wha Wha gimmie gimmie
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

DarthOvertone
12.11.2012 , 01:11 PM | #16
Until today, the BM-to-WH gear trade-in was unique.
Wrong. You forgot about the WH - EWH Weapon/Offhand trade-in post BM - WH trade-in.

At this point, you just trollin'...
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

L-RANDLE
12.11.2012 , 01:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Boom goes the dynamite.
Quit stealing my lines Ugmo....

PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

foxmob
12.11.2012 , 01:18 PM | #18
I don't want to call anyone names, but it strikes me as a bit naive to think that you wouldn't need those WH shells anymore. That said, I think I have an entire tab full of gutted shells on one of my toons (some of the shells are for other toons). having to hold onto all of them does seem a bit excessive. perhaps if optimizing didn't require so many repurchases.... lol

L-RANDLE
12.11.2012 , 01:23 PM | #19
I'll tell you what really sucks... Optimization. It don't even matter that I kept the BiS WH pieces, they all are tied to a different stat allocation at the EWH level, so I need to farm a different WH piece for the trade in anyway...

It sucks... They should implement a modest, comm trade-in for legacy pieces. We would not have this problem, if they did.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

AngusFTW
12.11.2012 , 02:19 PM | #20
II got rid of a lot of shells too but that was because i'm an idiot and its not biowares fault. It takes like 2 days to grind a full set back again..
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord