Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Outrageous!

Totaltrash
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #1
I usually don't start threads, but I'm really pissed off.

I'm subbed since launch.
I've gotten my full WH gear shortly after it was released in April 2012 with 1.2.
It was one of the ugliest armor sets in the game, so I created my own outfit - many players did the same.
At ~45K per armor/mod/enhancement pulled, that was a significant expense!

8 months later, you expect me to still have the empty WH shells for EWH trade-in?

Effectively, you have reduced a 12-month subscriber to the same level as a fresh 50 (minus the MK-2 recruit gear, of course!).

With such blatant disregard for long-term customers, it's no wonder that your player numbers keep slipping and slipping!

cycao
12.11.2012 , 12:36 PM | #2
You needed to trade in your BM shells for WH...what made you think that when they introduced the next tier of gear anything would change?

I had to buy an extra slot for my cargo but it was worth it seeing on how many shells, mods, enhancements and armorings I have in there.

Also I feel like you think you are entitled to something when you are not.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
You needed to trade in your BM shells for WH...what made you think that when they introduced the next tier of gear anything would change?

I had to buy an extra slot for my cargo but it was worth it seeing on how many shells, mods, enhancements and armorings I have in there.

Also I feel like you think you are entitled to something when you are not.
Boom goes the dynamite.

MiaRB
12.11.2012 , 12:38 PM | #4
wow. you are probably the only person who didnt understand that you need to have shells to trade in. what? you thought the trade in was only for BM to WH gear? you never thought to yourself, "hey, i need BM shells to trade up to WH gear, so i better hang onto these WH shells for when new tier comes out".
can't wait for this game to come out!

DarthOvertone
12.11.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
What Cycao said. Honestly, if you didn't save your WH shells, being aware of the BM for WH trade-in mechanic, then that's a You problem. I still have Centurion and Champ gear shells for eff's sake.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

Jadescythe
12.11.2012 , 12:40 PM | #6
Let's worry about real problems. Like alts that I mailed WH gear to through legacy gear. I'm gonna have to grind out those 5 pieces in 2 days so I can eventually trade in for EWH
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Carter_Mathis
12.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
I mean i saved my shells... and so did everyone that I know.... it's just gear progression....

Hialot
12.11.2012 , 12:43 PM | #8
keep this bumped....

I'm with you. Yet again anyone that has been here since day 1 gets shafted. The joy of grinding yet another set of gear is very frustrating. Not to mention that what I realy want for mods out of the new gear totaly destroys my endurance if I want more power...

Now i know there has been several threads over this and to no avail our loyalty to this game deserves some reward.

Hell even when SWG screwed us with the NGE they gave us an elder robe and few trinkets to thank us for the long term loyalty.

THANKS BIOWARE for spitting in our faces again.

Whats the point of grinding out EWH when a month or 2 they going to giv it away again?
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

xstortion
12.11.2012 , 12:46 PM | #9
Just curious though did you guys get the elite war hero offhand and Mainhand?

Did you require your WH stuff for that? I am assuming that would have been a sign for you.

That being said I still think you should be able to just trade the gear with all the armorings and such to get the elite counterpart if you wanted.

cycao
12.11.2012 , 12:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
keep this bumped....

I'm with you. Yet again anyone that has been here since day 1 gets shafted. The joy of grinding yet another set of gear is very frustrating. Not to mention that what I realy want for mods out of the new gear totaly destroys my endurance if I want more power...

Now i know there has been several threads over this and to no avail our loyalty to this game deserves some reward.

Hell even when SWG screwed us with the NGE they gave us an elder robe and few trinkets to thank us for the long term loyalty.

THANKS BIOWARE for spitting in our faces again.

Whats the point of grinding out EWH when a month or 2 they going to giv it away again?
I have been here since early access and in no way do I feel "shafted". I have been through every single gear grind they threw at me and this includes two months on the battle master rng grind from hell. This is to bridge the cap, which hopefully will get more players to BiS so its more about skill and not gear.

Honestly when I hear someone complain about this kind of rage about them making gear easier to get I think that they need that gap as a crutch and normally I don't think that but, yeah sounds like you need it as a crutch.

To add, what was done to SWG when they went from the CU to the NGE was the worst garbage update I have ever witnessed in any mmo and is not even in the ball park...no its not even in the same league compared to the changes made today.