Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

Leafy_Bug
12.12.2012 , 09:27 AM | #61
I vote we rename ranked warzones to 'hold your eyes all the time because boy, oh boy,this is PVP'. In any case, every top PVP guild on my server, Coral included, is using what BW gave them and that is stunlocking the opponent team. Don't hate the player, hate the game .

TheBigBee
12.12.2012 , 09:32 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Funny thing is that rated could work if ppl just didn't care that much about having an optimal team. The 8-man requirement was implemented to discourage quitting during match.

Let's say everybody groups up, cross-guilds and everything. That could make for great rankd play as the ELO-ratings should only pit equal teams against eachother. And there should be a lot of teams

Instead everybody gets their a-team together and the queue dies.
That would be called pugging and no it would not make for great ranked play
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

TonyDragonflame
12.12.2012 , 10:08 AM | #63
Looks like 2-3% of all players play ranked and harass all these others 80% except 10-15 who play together with ranked ones.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Mancer
12.12.2012 , 10:11 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
I vote we rename ranked warzones to 'hold your eyes all the time because boy, oh boy,this is PVP'. In any case, every top PVP guild on my server, Coral included, is using what BW gave them and that is stunlocking the opponent team. Don't hate the player, hate the game .
I vote we rename ranked warzones to (bite your pillow all the times because boy, oh boy,this is gonna hurt).

I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Veniras
12.12.2012 , 10:16 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post
That would be called pugging and no it would not make for great ranked play
You don't get it. Ranked has one DEFINTE quality that unranked doesn't. It TRIES to match teams based on ELO.

If everybody pugged in ranked, it might make for funnier gameplay as teams might be more evenly matched.

Jadescythe
12.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #66
FYI to the crowd advocating for better geared players to do ranked: Ranked warzones are not meant to separate the good from the bad, they are meant to separate the good from the great.

Please stop complaining that there are good players in your warzones and work to get the community as a whole to step their game up. There is too much blame being placed on those who play the game correctly (i.e. playing their class to potential, focusing on objectives, etc) and it leads to the community fostering a philosophy of mediocrity, which leads to a continuous cycle of everyone on your PUG team being terrible and the calls for separate queues to increase.
I have opinions and stuff

Leafy_Bug
12.12.2012 , 10:51 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
You don't get it. Ranked has one DEFINTE quality that unranked doesn't. It TRIES to match teams based on ELO.

If everybody pugged in ranked, it might make for funnier gameplay as teams might be more evenly matched.

I guess I got a lot of ELO if I end up playing with 2k plus teams out there.

islander
12.12.2012 , 10:55 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
FYI to the crowd advocating for better geared players to do ranked: Ranked warzones are not meant to separate the good from the bad, they are meant to separate the good from the great.

Please stop complaining that there are good players in your warzones and work to get the community as a whole to step their game up. There is too much blame being placed on those who play the game correctly (i.e. playing their class to potential, focusing on objectives, etc) and it leads to the community fostering a philosophy of mediocrity, which leads to a continuous cycle of everyone on your PUG team being terrible and the calls for separate queues to increase.
Although your points do have merit, I'd be more inclined to blame the imbalances in PvP which ranked warzones accentuate, currently.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Veniras
12.12.2012 , 11:38 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
I guess I got a lot of ELO if I end up playing with 2k plus teams out there.
You might be very right. I would not allow a matchmaking if the "ELO gap" was "too wide".

Harrasment
12.12.2012 , 12:35 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post

people are terrible coz they wanna stay terrible, or simply they dont wanna raise theyr experience. SWTOR warzone are rly easy to understand, simple fact is that there is a low % of ppl that actually using theyr brain for improve them selves and that is ruining the pvp experience to who wanna do serious wz. thats all, ppl that premade must premade and stomp those carebears.

and note that i dont have any premade and never done ranked, so dont come here and say that im a premader
May the force be with u
Bloodvain Shadow lvl 50
ToFN PvP EU Rebel Dream guild
PvP PvP and again PvP