Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

Kawiki
12.11.2012 , 12:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Well said...

Unfortunately no matter how well said... they will QQ and none will have the epiphany of realizing that THEY'RE doing it wrong.

I mean... the logic behind the realization that playing a massively multi-player game... solo... is not ideal... well that's just too much logic for one person to soak in at one time.

Apparently there's some kind of "pride mentality" behind it quite often. I'm going to attempt this prideful gimping of myself later. When I hit the gym tonight I'm going to soak my hands in olive oil first just to make it tougher... then when I fail at benching 400 lbs I'll blame it on the oil.
tl:dr: You must do it one way.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Do you even lift? Join the big league where we grease our bodies all up.
We should have a power lifting comp to settle our disputes in the future.

And grease your bodies up huh? That sounds very hetero...

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
tl:dr: You must do it one way.
Why reply?

It's not even about marauders...

Kawiki
12.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #24
Why reply?

It's not even about marauders...
Nerf them now! (no really, right now.)

Theodulus
12.11.2012 , 12:31 PM | #25
We should have a power lifting comp to settle our disputes in the future.

And grease your bodies up huh? That sounds very hetero...
Greasing up is very manly and chicks dig your shiny muscles. Uh oh in before massive post deletion. I don't even know why I reply to the forums anymore since about 30% of my post disappear into thin air.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:31 PM | #26
Nerf them now! (no really, right now.)

I will gladly trade you 10% of the bonus damage from smash in exchange for my 1% self heal on annihilation.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Greasing up is very manly and chicks dig your shiny muscles. Uh oh in before massive post deletion. I don't even know why I reply to the forums anymore since about 30% of my post disappear into thin air.
I thank you for joining my mission to derail as many threads as possible and will see you soon in the infraction zone.

I actually got suspended for 3 days last week... I'm assuming at this rate I'll be banned by 2014.

OK... I'm done.. this thread is actually well written and thought out. I'm going to derail elsewhere.

Kawiki
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #28
I will gladly trade you 10% of the bonus damage from smash in exchange for my 1% self heal on annihilation.
Seems reasonable.

But seriously, Who thought they would nerf Anni/Carnage by making smash as... let's just say... productive as it is now.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #29
Seems reasonable.

But seriously, Who thought they would nerf Anni/Carnage by making smash as... let's just say... productive as it is now.
PvE...

VigDiath
12.11.2012 , 01:26 PM | #30
So my options are join a pre-made, hope when I solo Q I get added to a pre-made that couldn't q rwz, or not play at all.

None of those are viable since I pvp EVERYDAY multiple times a day.

First, I am in 2 guilds on my Republic toon on JC (on one server and 2 on the other server). One all they do is pve. Which is fine with me since I need the gear and enjoy the camaraderie when we raid together. Unfortunately, they do not pvp often, if at all. The other guild I just joined because I really need to queue up with some people for rwz's so I can stop getting stomped in Pug's against pre-mades. So far haven't done any yet. On my Imp toon, all my toons are in the same guild and despite asking and requesting people in general chat cannot get a complete group together to get an 8 wz going. We do get some 4 man groups going but this can hardly be considered adequate.

2nd, getting into a pre-made that couldn't queue is a toss up and rarely happens. I really cannot remember the last time I did get into one. If I got into one that's cool and I do my best to contribute but again this is not likely to happen.

3rd, not q'ing at all. I'm starting to lean to this and it sucks. I like pvp in this game and love being competitive. I don't enjoy the whole face rolling someone just because I can. I actually enjoy winning in this game and trying to achieve objectives. But it's apparent that other people do enjoy face rolling and constantly harassing people doing matches because it happens to me on a regular basis. I assume it's because they see I don't have the best gear and make for an easy kill (though I can give anyone a run for their money even in recruit gear) but I'll just leave it at that.

I try NOT to complain much when it comes to this game and you'll never see me starting a post complaining about anything in this game. I will comment in threads and I will challenge people's ideas when they think it is so easy to just adjust in a losing situation. The OP made a great post and I see some of the points he made are valid but in the end this is an in-balance that bioware needs to resolve to keep people playing competitively in pvp in this game. The new change helps but the people who already have their WH gear are already complaining because they had to grind it out before and have to start again. We'll see tho. One thing it won't make me do is stop playing the game or stop joining pvp matches altogether.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)